Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #61
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemom View Post
I read that the hair dryers are not good so it's best to bring your own. Did you find this to be the case?
I think it depends on your hair. I have short hair so they work fine for me, but I could see how someone with long and/or thick hair might need more power.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:33 PM   #62
dd53
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyEars View Post
Yes, there are ironing boards and an iron in each room.

I'm doing the last minute packing and I'm soooo excited I can hardly stand it. Can't wait for our 3rd stay at Riverside.
Staying at the airport tomorrow night for our early Monday morning flight!!!

Carla
Thank you and have fun!
We are leaving in 24 days for our first Riverside trip--actually the first Disney trip for our 5 youngest--and they don't know yet so I'm getting soooo excited and can't even talk about it!
The girls: 13, 9, 8, 4

8/18/09-8/23/09 ASMu Family Suite!

June 2013 adoption celebration trip!!!!!
6/18-6/23 POR then 6/23-6/27 BC!!!! Can't wait!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #63
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd53 View Post
I see on the layouts that there are hair dryers in the rooms. Are there clothes irons as well?
Yup. On the same layout in post #4 where you saw the hair dryers, the label "Iron & Ironing Board" points to them, hung on the wall under the clothes rail & shelf.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 05-25-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #64
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsatc
5 days until we leave on vacation, 8 days til we check into POR for the first time!!! So excited! I'm getting my fax ready to send off on Tuesday!!

Question: we have paid for a garden view, but I really don't want the hassle of a Murphy bed in the room (we have an 8yo and an 18month old), is this something I can put in my fax or is it something I should call Disney and ask to have noted?

Thanks!
Kathy
Request the mansions.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #65
mrsatc
Earning My Ears

My concern with the Murphy bed is my 18 month old pulling it down on himself! Lol, just a fear I can see happening.

If I request a mansion is that going to cost me more at check in or are there regular garden rooms there as well as royal rooms? I'd love an upgrade, but sure cant afford it!

3 angels, 1 DD, 1 DS

All Star Sports 7/12 ~ POR 6/13
Old 05-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #66
dd53
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Yup. On the same layout in post #4 where you saw the hair dryers, the label "Iron & Ironing Board" points to them, hung on the wall under the clothes rail & shelf.

Andre
Thanks! I see that now---missed it the first time!
The girls: 13, 9, 8, 4

8/18/09-8/23/09 ASMu Family Suite!

June 2013 adoption celebration trip!!!!!
6/18-6/23 POR then 6/23-6/27 BC!!!! Can't wait!!!
Old 05-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #67
Bicfam
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post

Check out the room diagram on post #4.
I see the diagram. But I don't see dimensions. Am I missing something?
I wonder is the Murphy bed a full single? 4 feet or five feet long? Anyone know?

Siskaren thanks for the diagram, looking for measurements.
POR - Jan. '07
POR - Jan. '06
POR - April '02
Old 05-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #68
jgraney106
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicfam View Post
I see the diagram. But I don't see dimensions. Am I missing something?
I wonder is the Murphy bed a full single? 4 feet or five feet long? Anyone know?

Siskaren thanks for the diagram, looking for measurements.
Per the info on post #4 :

Murphy Bed is 63 x 30 .

If you go to post #4 , look for the picture of the Murphy bed with the alligator picture. Under that is a diagram of the room. In that diagram where the Murphy bed is , there is the measurement of the bed.
Hope that helps find it. Have a fun trip!
Old 05-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #69
Deadline247
Earning My Ears

Just got back from an 8 day stay at Riverside last week and loved it. Although since we had my 5 year old daughter and 1 year old son, I wish we had stayed closer to the main building (we were in building 28, which felt like about of a haul).

About the pull down beds possibly falling open on a child...they open very slowly to avoid that very issue. We had zero issues with those beds. In fact, my daughter thought it was awesome.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #70
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsatc View Post
My concern with the Murphy bed is my 18 month old pulling it down on himself! Lol, just a fear I can see happening.

If I request a mansion is that going to cost me more at check in or are there regular garden rooms there as well as royal rooms? I'd love an upgrade, but sure cant afford it!
Looking at the picture in post #4 it looks like there's locks on the part that pulls down plus he'd have to climb on the bench just to reach it, but I know that you can't discount the ingenuity of a toddler when they want to get to something that's out of reach. However, not all of the mansion rooms are royal rooms (half are, half aren't), so you wouldn't have to get a royal room in order to not have a bayou room.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #71
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsatc

You have booked a garden room; they are located in both AB and mansions. You can request one or the other, but a request is just a request.

RR's are a booking category and only in the mansions, so you have to book it in order to get it.

If you look on the map on page 1, you will see there are quite a few rooms in Acadian House and Magnolia Terrace with garden view rooms without having to book a RR.

Hope that helps.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #72
ukdis40
Earning My Ears

Smile Hello

Hi, just wanted to say hello - been lurking for ages not sure how to post, so hopefully I have done it correctly!
Coming back to POR in November - can't wait. Hello to everyone on this great forum. Andre you are doing a great job. Fellow UK disneyholic here from Surrey.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:05 PM   #73
mrsatc
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for all the info! It's greatly appreciated!

3 angels, 1 DD, 1 DS

All Star Sports 7/12 ~ POR 6/13
Old 05-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #74
tink20
DIS Veteran

Only staying one night Sun June 2, what will the movie be that night (where exactly is the movie, do we need to bring a towel to sit on or is there seating)? Also is there a campfire for smores that night and where can I get the smores kit? tia
Old 05-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #75
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink20
Only staying one night Sun June 2, what will the movie be that night (where exactly is the movie, do we need to bring a towel to sit on or is there seating)? Also is there a campfire for smores that night and where can I get the smores kit? tia
The activity schedule including the movie listing is in your packet.

There is no seating, bring a towel to sit on.

There is a campfire, weather-permitting (same as the movies) and you can buy the kit there when you arrive.

Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: