Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #856
littleacceb
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade1 View Post
I do. But I would prefer 2 or 3. It's our own fault though as we sleep in. We do enjoy WDW and the resorts regardless of rides though.

But currently 90% of our days we miss the headliner FP's, and the waits are an hour plus every time. We do travel busy weeks though, and now have a chance at off season, so may not matter.

Currently if I could get this schedule-it would be a huge improvement for us and I would sign up today if possible.

Just sleep in, hit the pools, lunch-mix in dinner wherever, stay out for drinks.

Friday arrive at BLT-MK afternoon/eve Space Mountain, Parade Wishes.
Saturday-EPCOT afternoon/eve Soarin, Illuminations.
Monday-AK afternoon Expedition Everest, MK for Parade/Wishes.
Tuesday-MK- afternoon/eve Splash, Parade/Wishes.
Wednesday move to BCV-DHS Fantasmic
Thursday EPCOT afternoon/eve TestTrack, Illuminations
Friday-DHS afternoon/evening RNR Fantasmic SB or Illuminations.
Saturday-AK afternoon Safari, Illuminations
Sunday-DHS afternoon/eve TOT, MK Parade/Wishes
Monday-DHS afternoon TSM, fly home eve
That sounds fine now that we are parents. But take us back to our pre-kids trips (and what I was hoping it'd return to once they decide they're too cool to hang out with Mum and Dad) and it was more like 9 E-ticket rides in each park day, even with a trip back to the room for DH's two-hour nap (he gets cranky).

If I want pools and food, I'll pick an all-inclusive resort somewhere sunny and save a couple of thousand. While I adore the resorts and theming, I just can't justify paying Disney prices without getting what I feel is the full benefit of the attractions.
littleacceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #857
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
IF the parade/Illuminations isn't in the same tier...
No interest in these spots. Will only do Wishes from near the Walt statue (or my BLT room), and Illuminations is totally dependent on the wind at our back. Parade can be standing anywhere.
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #858
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
IF the parade/Illuminations isn't in the same tier...
Yikes! I can't imagine they make a parade compete with a headliner. I would think that Disney wants as many people as possible burning FP for parades, illuminations, Fantasmic, wishes, and counter service.

But of course, early reports lumped Fantasmic with TSMM. That baffles me.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #859
jade1

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleacceb View Post
If I want pools and food, I'll pick an all-inclusive resort somewhere sunny and save a couple of thousand. While I adore the resorts and theming, I just can't justify paying Disney prices without getting what I feel is the full benefit of the attractions.
Its fairly sunny at WDW, and with DVC a case can be made on the expense side-esp for deluxe resorts. But the parks to us are far more than rides.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #860
jade1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Well, I hope you don't sleep in 60 days out when it's time to schedule your FPs. Because most of the folks who are happy about the new system are those who envision having late day FPs enabling them to sleep in.

I'm a rope drop person, but I will ALSO be scheduling late day FPs since I'm banking on standby being shorter earlier in the day.
I never sleep in when I'm not on vacation so that wont be a problem. Plus it's really the fam that sleeps in more than myself-but I switch to low gear and enjoy the relaxing pace on vacation.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #861
Rileygirl
DIS Veteran

For some reason Bcrook, I am pretty sure at least one set of testing had the parades and fireworks in tier 1.

It really diminishes a possible silver lining we could dig up out of the system.

But, who knows how it will pan out.

BTW, I had a good laugh about the golf pencil comment. I knew my ipad idea was pretty crazy, but seriously, what the heck are they planning to do????
Old 05-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #862
g-dad66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileygirl View Post
3)Why are they really getting rid of the non expiring ticket? A huge moneymaker for Disney in the past for sure, and I dont believe just potentail fp+ abuse could pry this out of the bean counters hands. Assuming that it does go defunct.
Don't quote me on this, because I'm not taking the time to try to find it, but as I recall, Cheshire Figment said on another thread awhile back that non-expiring tickets are not going away.

They were simply removed from the website listing, because too many folks purchased them when they didn't really need them and then were unhappy about having misunderstood.

Historical Orlando weather data here: http://www.leaveittogenie.com/weather.html
g-dad66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #863
fflmaster
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post

Yikes! I can't imagine they make a parade compete with a headliner. I would think that Disney wants as many people as possible burning FP for parades, illuminations, Fantasmic, wishes, and counter service.

But of course, early reports lumped Fantasmic with TSMM. That baffles me.
I think Disney wants its customers to decide what is more important to then for this pre-scheduling.

Right or wrong they think that Disney is going to make A LOT of money on this program.

To me I would rather miss TSMM (which we skip many times when at HS) to not have to get in line 1hr+ early to see my favorite show at Disney.

I still contend that FP+ WILL allow same day passes when completely rolled out. If that is the case you could "schedule" TSMM & grab a same day FP+ on fantasmic.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #864
Rileygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad66 View Post
Don't quote me on this, because I'm not taking the time to try to find it, but as I recall, Cheshire Figment said on another thread awhile back that non-expiring tickets are not going away.

They were simply removed from the website listing, because too many folks purchased them when they didn't really need them and then were unhappy about having misunderstood.
Thanks g-dad66

I will have to go find out. Chesire is always an outstanding source of information.

Now, solve the kiosk problem for me, and I will be able to sleep better at night!

~A
Old 05-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #865
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
For some reason Bcrook, I am pretty sure at least one set of testing had the parades and fireworks in tier 1.
That's what I remember. And I've got to imagine the availability of it will be VERY limited compared to a typical attraction.

But at the same time back then, there were lots of reports from people testing saying how great it was, because they could use their one "Tier A" FP+ for the parade, and still use all the FPs they wanted on the mountains...

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad66 View Post

I think he was saying that they hadn't gone away at that point, but even he can't tell what they'll do in the future. I expect we'll find out with the next price increase. And that might even include a new name and marketing campaign, which might even tie into MyMagic+, etc.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #866
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflmaster View Post
I still contend that FP+ WILL allow same day passes when completely rolled out. If that is the case you could "schedule" TSMM & grab a same day FP+ on fantasmic.
Considering that X number of Fantasmic! FP positions would have already been distributed over the 60 days prior for FP+,

at what time would all of the "day-of" Fantasmic! FP's be given out for the day at DHS ?

-Show your work.

(This test will count as 50% of your semester grade.)

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #867
jade1

Quote:

It really diminishes a possible silver lining we could dig up out of the system.

But, who knows how it will pan out.

BTW, I had a good laugh about the golf pencil comment. I knew my ipad idea was pretty crazy, but seriously, what the heck are they planning to do????
Again-why would you waste a FP on Illuminations when you can stand anywhere and esp have the wind at your back to blow the smoke away from the fireworks so they are clear?

And do you currently walk down the by the pond at Mk to watch Wishes?

As for the ipad-they can have a printer for your itinerary or take a pic with your cell or camera.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #868
Robo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade1 View Post
Again-why would you waste a FP on Illuminations when you can stand anywhere and esp have the wind at your back to blow the smoke away from the fireworks so they are clear?
Again, generally unknowing neophytes will be the primary "beneficiaries" of these "plus" enhancements.

Old 05-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #869
Stitch123
Earning My Ears

Just chiming in to say that I'm enjoying the discussion. I'm glad I'm not the only one concerned that FP+ will be less than magical. When I first heard about it (on the Dis, of course) I thought it was a joke.

I enjoy planning, but there is no way I'll want to plan 60 days in advance what rides I ride on which day at what time. As a Florida resident, I often don't even plan the trip that far in advance.

When I told dh - not a Disney fan so potentially a target customer - about this newfangled system and the cost involved, he said: "Why don't they just build more rides?" Why indeed. A FP+ for a CS restaurant (now that HAS to be a joke!) will not get him to go back anytime soon, but the new rides would. We went to Universal several times when Harry Potter opened, and will certainly go back when the new part is open.

In the meantime, we don't have a new Disney trip planned, but I'll be following the developments with FP+ closely. I do hope it will be a step forward and not back.
Stitch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #870
Robo

I'll mention something that has also just been barely hinted at in this discussion.

If Disney wished to entice new customers to come to their parks over those of the competition,
and was willing to "invest" some dollars to that end...

Why wouldn't they just LOWER THE COST of one and two-day tickets?

If the idea that bringing more guests into the park to spend bucks while there was paramount,
be competitive in a way that would confound the competition.

Be cheaper to enter.

(Ah, but that would make the parks more crowded.)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: