Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2013, 01:25 PM   #271
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Do tell. Sounds tropical and delicious. Whats in it?
Oh it's fantastic! They say its basically a piña colada with passion fruit added, it tastes heavenly

Quote:

Jet skis are a blast. She'll love that. You're such a good daughter. Paddle boating might be fun in addition to the bike rental. Good ideas. Do they run out of bikes I wonder or can we book based on weather? Hmm....
Thank you I like to spoil her rotten!

They won't run out of bikes, there are tons.

Quote:

Joshua would love the idea or exploring in the jungle. Me? Not so much. I'm not a fan of things that slither.
The only things alive I saw were mosquitos. I love exploring, especially places that look mysterious. A path into the jungle was just the thing to spark my interest

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #272
Pinkocto

Quote:
[CENTER]

240 days!!!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2013, 09:24 PM   #273
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Oh it's fantastic! They say its basically a piña colada with passion fruit added, it tastes heavenly

So it's like the piña colova? Sounds delicious. We'll have to meet over one of those.

Quote:
Thank you I like to spoil her rotten!

Thats so very sweet and very heartwarming. I bet she just loves it. I know I would.

Quote:
They won't run out of bikes, there are tons.

Thats great, thank you. I'm thinking the island can' be all that big if we can ride around the whole thing. That's also good news.

Quote:
The only things alive I saw were mosquitos. I love exploring, especially places that look mysterious. A path into the jungle was just the thing to spark my interest

Whew! I can deal with Mosquitos. Did the path look mysterious? Very cool. I can do mysterious. And swarthy. I really like swarthy. Captain Jack is swarthy.

Quote:

Indeed! Can't wait. Should be a great time.
Not too shabby for a consolation prize: a Disneyland pre-trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3200081
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #274
rentayenta

Hey Pam....

238 days!!!

Happy Memorial Day weekend friends. Have a great weekend. Be safe.

We've got loads of soccer, Gabby's has a dance tonight, we've got a farewell for some friends leaving our synagogue, a Salt Lake Real game, and dinner with my bestie. And that's all today.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #275
Pinkocto

Quote:
So it's like the piña colova? Sounds delicious. We'll have to meet over one of those.
Absolutely! I just looked up the recipe; dark rum, light rum, OJ, cream of coconut, and passion fruit juice.

Quote:

Thats great, thank you. I'm thinking the island can' be all that big if we can ride around the whole thing. That's also good news.
It's not big at all, and more than half is designated a nature preserve. You could easily go on all the bike paths and have plenty of time to do other things. They rent the bikes by the hour.

Quote:

Whew! I can deal with Mosquitos. Did the path look mysterious? Very cool. I can do mysterious. And swarthy. I really like swarthy. Captain Jack is swarthy.
It indeed look mysterious!

Oh Captain Jack

Quote:

Indeed! Can't wait. Should be a great time.

I know I've said this already, but I'm ready to go!

I keep forgetting to say, I'm sorry the December trip isn't going to work out.

Last edited by Pinkocto; 05-25-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #276
Pinkocto

Quote:
Hey Pam....

238 days!!!

Quote:
Happy Memorial Day weekend friends. Have a great weekend. Be safe.
You too!

Quote:
We've got loads of soccer, Gabby's has a dance tonight, we've got a farewell for some friends leaving our synagogue, a Salt Lake Real game, and dinner with my bestie. And that's all today.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:18 AM   #277
rentayenta

Quote:
Absolutely! I just looked up the recipe; dark rum, light rum, OJ, cream of coconut, and passion fruit juice.

That sounds delicious! Rum just screams vacation to me.

Quote:
It's not big at all, and more than half is designated a nature preserve. You could easily go on all the bike paths and have plenty of time to do other things. They rent the bikes by the hour.

That's perfect. I'll have to search on weather at CC in mid January. I was really looking forward to a beach day. We're used to Utah so even 70* feels wonderful to us.

Quote:
It indeed look mysterious!

Oh Captain Jack

Isn't he great? Chloe told me that originally, in the first movie, Will and Elizabeth were supposed to be the main story line and Captain Jack stole the show and subsequently the sequels revolved around him. I thought that was interesting.

Quote:
I keep forgetting to say, I'm sorry the December trip isn't going to work out.

It's okay. Thank you. I'd just like the villas to book up already so I can stop pining to go. Every day the GCV sits open I'm more tempted to book and we really cannot afford it right now, time wise even more that $$. With DH having to take time off for my cruise in Jan and our trip in Feb and time for other work, its just impossible. But if I keep looking, I'll be tempted to do what we did during Spring Break which is have him drive out with us, spend a few days, and then fly home.

Quote:

You too!

Three kids makes for never a dull moment. Completed all task yesterday. I'm enoying my coffee in a very quiet house and trying to motivate myself to go for a run. I'm failing.

Are you doing anything fun this weekend?

237 days!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 08:58 PM   #278
rentayenta

235 days!!!
Old 05-29-2013, 08:07 AM   #279
Pinkocto

Quote:

That's perfect. I'll have to search on weather at CC in mid January. I was really looking forward to a beach day. We're used to Utah so even 70* feels wonderful to us.
Then you may be just fine. I like upper 80s to 90s before getting in the water

Quote:

Isn't he great? Chloe told me that originally, in the first movie, Will and Elizabeth were supposed to be the main story line and Captain Jack stole the show and subsequently the sequels revolved around him. I thought that was interesting.
I've never heard that before. I'm glad they did, he's just fantastic. I read that Johnny will do as many movies as they want, he loves playing that character so much.

Quote:

It's okay. Thank you. I'd just like the villas to book up already so I can stop pining to go. Every day the GCV sits open I'm more tempted to book and we really cannot afford it right now, time wise even more that $$. With DH having to take time off for my cruise in Jan and our trip in Feb and time for other work, its just impossible. But if I keep looking, I'll be tempted to do what we did during Spring Break which is have him drive out with us, spend a few days, and then fly home.
I don't think I could have the self control! You can at least book and then cancel later

Quote:

[CENTER] Three kids makes for never a dull moment. Completed all task yesterday. I'm enoying my coffee in a very quiet house and trying to motivate myself to go for a run. I'm failing.

Are you doing anything fun this weekend?
How did I miss this? I'm sorry. I went to a friends house Sunday and Monday it was just me and the dog. It was nice and low key

Old 05-29-2013, 08:08 AM   #280
Pinkocto

Quote:
235 days!!!

Old 05-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #281
rentayenta

Quote:
Then you may be just fine. I like upper 80s to 90s before getting in the water

I think we'll be okay too. Joshua will swim in anything.

Quote:
I've never heard that before. I'm glad they did, he's just fantastic. I read that Johnny will do as many movies as they want, he loves playing that character so much.

With as creative as they've been, I could see them getting at least 2-3 more out of the pirate thing. He's an amazing leading man.

Quote:
I don't think I could have the self control! You can at least book and then cancel later
The Studios and one bedroom are finally booked so I can quit looking. I can't afford a two bedroom and don;t have enough points to borrow so I'm feeling better. Weird logic, I know. I can't believe it took almost a week to book up at 7 months.

Quote:
How did I miss this? I'm sorry. I went to a friends house Sunday and Monday it was just me and the dog. It was nice and low key
Soem alone time with just the dogs sounds great. My kids have so much energy due to school almost being over. I can't wait until they can stay up all night and sleep all day. I love summer.

233 days!!!
Old 05-31-2013, 10:09 AM   #282
MEK
DIS Veteran

Great number. Had to post it!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:20 AM   #283
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
I knew it sounded familiar. This is the one I'd love to crash but the timing is terrible. Once again, I'll have to live through you all. I feel so Disney deprived. I'm especially licking my wounds right now because our Christmas Disneyland trip is off and the GCV are available. I knew I shouldn't have looked. I was hoping they'd be booked and I'd feel better.
You shouldn't have looked, I feel your pain, I've done that for trips that I'd planned...in my mind anyway!

And really, our NYE trip may only be in my mind as it is, booking aside. It isn't to be helped but ugh I really wish things were more firm.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #284
Pinkocto

I'm at WDW right now, sorry if I miss the countdown. I'm still here in spirit

Old 06-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #285
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

Great number. Had to post it!

Love it! Sorry I wasn't around to acknowledge. This was a crazy weekend. How did you survive your teens dating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
You shouldn't have looked, I feel your pain, I've done that for trips that I'd planned...in my mind anyway!

And really, our NYE trip may only be in my mind as it is, booking aside. It isn't to be helped but ugh I really wish things were more firm.
You're right, I shouldn't have looked. I also shouldn't have kept looking. And looking. And looking. It was the longest 6 days of my life.

Quote:

I'm at WDW right now, sorry if I miss the countdown. I'm still here in spirit

You're at WDW? I'm so envious. Have a great trip. Can't wait to read all about it. How's the weather? Crowds?

230 days!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: