Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
erinfarber
Mouseketeer

FNtasy tour

What is the art of the theme ship tour? HAs anyone done this?
erinfarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
jjgarv
Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...

I did this tour on the Dream in 2011, and I really enjoyed it! The tour began in Meridian, the bar between Remy and Palo. The CM walks around the ship with you and points out/talks about all of the Disney 'theming' that makes up the decor and ambiance of the ship, from art to music to carpeting to decor like light fixtures/murals to little touches/details that you may not even notice. It's very relaxed, and you can ask lots of questions. It was a great tour, and I'd recommend it! I think it was adults only, from what I recall.
Honeymoon 4/00 4 Day Magic and Wilderness Lodge; 3/02 7 Day Eastern Magic; 11/02 Beach Club Villas; 11/04 7 day Western Magic; 10/05 4 Day Wonder and 3 Day at Saratoga Springs; 9/06 7 Day Twice the Magic--2x Castaway Cay; 11/07 7 Day Eastern Magic; 9/08 7 Western Double Dip--2x Castaway Cay; 5/09 Villas at AKL; 10/09 7 Day Eastern Magic to St Croix; 4/10 7 Day Caribbean Princess for 10th Anniversary; 10/10 7 Day Western Magic; 10/11 7 Days B2B on the Dream; 10/12 7 Day Eastern Fantasy; 3/12 DVC Villas at Aulani; 10/13 7 Day Western Fantasy; 10/14 7 Day Western Fantasy to Jamaica
jjgarv is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #3
caribbeandreaming
Mouseketeer

DH and I did this tour on the Fantasy a couple of weeks ago and loved it! Like the PP said, it's an hour long and is just for adults. There is no charge, but you have to register at GS and they will give you a ticket. The tour explained a lot of neat facts about the ship that I would have never known or picked up on my own. We didn't dine at Remy but got to walk through there as well. I would definitely not miss this tour!!

Also, there is a little known galley tour that you have to sign up for at GS. We found out about it at the Art of the Theme tour, but by the time we tried to register, it was filled. However, some people from our cruise meet said it wasn't that great. I still think it would have been cool to see the galley area even if the tour wasn't that good.
caribbeandreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #4
MrsB919
Mouseketeer

Is the tour just once during the sailing or do they have multiple ones? Also would you recommend signing up the first day on the ship.

(Me) (Hubby) (Tanky) : (Ony) (Michey)
5/14- BCV, 9/13- CBR & DCL Fantasy, 9/12 -BWI,12/11 -POP, 9/11- Wedding & Honeymoon GF & DCL,
4/11,7/10,3/08 etc. (to many to count)- Offsite
MrsB919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #5
caribbeandreaming
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB919 View Post
Is the tour just once during the sailing or do they have multiple ones? Also would you recommend signing up the first day on the ship.
We were on the Eastern which I see you are doing in September. The tour was offered one time per day on each of the 3 sea days. We signed up on the first day (I think after dinner) so I'm not sure how quickly it fills up. However, I would advise to sign up as early as possible for any activities that you consider "can't miss" just to be on the safe side.
caribbeandreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #6
MrsB919
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeandreaming View Post
We were on the Eastern which I see you are doing in September. The tour was offered one time per day on each of the 3 sea days. We signed up on the first day (I think after dinner) so I'm not sure how quickly it fills up. However, I would advise to sign up as early as possible for any activities that you consider "can't miss" just to be on the safe side.
Great. Thanks that's good to know. I'll just do it as soon as I can after we board to be safe. I love tours like that. I'll have to do some research and see what other similar tours they might also have.

(Me) (Hubby) (Tanky) : (Ony) (Michey)
5/14- BCV, 9/13- CBR & DCL Fantasy, 9/12 -BWI,12/11 -POP, 9/11- Wedding & Honeymoon GF & DCL,
4/11,7/10,3/08 etc. (to many to count)- Offsite
MrsB919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:36 PM   #7
Illini_Fan
Mouseketeer

Did your research uncover any other tours? So far I've read about the "art of the theme" tour and the galley tour. As best as I can tell the galley tour is done through guest services and operates on sea days. What about the art tour?

Thanks
Old 07-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #8
Pooh93
Proud mom of 2 dd's
We are a pickle kind of family
I try to be a cheerful grouch!

We are sailing on the Fantasy next summer I will check into this. I have taken the galley tour on the Wonder and Dream and have found them informative and enjoyable.
Pooh93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #9
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB919 View Post
It was offered a couple of times on the Dream 3-night earlier this month. There was no sign up - you just went to Meridian at the assigned time. And yes, it's 18+.

LOVED it!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: