Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #2806
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

Are the cabins changeable???? It's like WL in real life, sounds awesome!!

So funny you should ask and I'm going a bit here, but booking cabins in the Smokies is nothing like booking Disney. All of them require payment in full about 14-30 days prior to arrival with no refunds for cancelations at that point and no changes allowed. Some will let you apply your payment to a future stay, but that's about it for any flexibility.

The resort we chose in Gatlinburg, actually has an insurance policy that you can add to your booking. I asked DH if we should add it even though it would be $175 (it's 6% of the cost). Without it we could still cancel up to 14 days prior and only lose a $45 admin. fee and they'd apply the first night's deposit to a future stay. DH said, "A lot can happen two weeks before a trip" and we'd lose thousands, so as you can imagine, I'm adding the insurance. Most TN resorts don't offer it as an option so I see it as a sign that this is the resort for us (and all RCs).

Back to your regularly scheduled RC programming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I don't know if you see them on FB, but there is a FB page that has the most amazing cabins in the Gatlinburg area. They all seem to have a hot tub on one of the porches, and some even have indoor pools. I would love to stay at one of them.
I'm not a Facebooker, but I've done a lot of research - that's part of the fun, isn't it? We love all the amenities the cabins offer and the amazing views and privacy. This one has the arcade style game system I have to have, hot tub, jacuzzi, flat screens everywhere, fire pit and hammock, 3 baths for 3 people, pool table... It's 2000 SF of Smoky Mt. FUN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post

My Birthday is Saturday and going to steal the Birthday Mimosa idea so maybe the diet will have to take a 1 day break
Happy birthday a day early! No dieting allowed on your birthday weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
By golly we just had an earthquake .... I know California is known for earthquakes but we don't really get them here in the central valley. It was a 5.9 and centered about 200 miles from here. It was really strange to feel my couch move .... DH thought the dog was behind his chair bumping it! Doesn't seem to be much damage even at the center. Thank goodness .....
They are scary because at first you discount it as an earthquake and assume it's something else. By the time you realize, it may be too late to take cover. Did you check for cracks in the house? Be safe, Linda.

Marie: I'm with the others - I would cancel the Diva Trip and put the funds toward your future trip with DS and DGF. There's no point in going if it just doesn't 'feel right' anymore
Old 05-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #2807
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Marie and Christine so sorry you won't be joining me on the Diva trip this year. I was looking forward to having some RC friends there! I do understand .... so many wonderful things to do and so little money. Since the trip seems to be getting more popular each year I'm sure it will be around if and when you decide to go. I have over 1000 pictures from our group photo pass .... so there should be at least a couple of DD and me in there somewhere. I really should figure out how to post pics on the Dis ....
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2013, 10:26 AM   #2808
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi Lacey! Congrats on your DD graduating from grade 8!! It sounds like she is an awesome kid!!

Just had to pop in, I am being bad today, very bad!!
RC ALERT!!!

Nov 17 - 23 Beach Club SV CL!!!

BC CL?? Yeah!! :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 05-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #2809
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Thank you all for the support about the Diva trip! I was feeling down knowing I wouldn't have a Disney trip for 20 months to look forward to - but in the large scheme of things I know those months will fly by and it will come before I know it. I actually feel relief knowing I have longer to save now, and I would much rather put my money towards making a wonderful trip with my DS Andrew, his GF and my DH! As Linda said, it doesn't look like the diva trip is dying, and I am sure I'll find myself there in the not-too-far future!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 05-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #2810
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Thank you all for the support about the Diva trip! I was feeling down knowing I wouldn't have a Disney trip for 20 months to look forward to - but in the large scheme of things I know those months will fly by and it will come before I know it. I actually feel relief knowing I have longer to save now, and I would much rather put my money towards making a wonderful trip with my DS Andrew, his GF and my DH! As Linda said, it doesn't look like the diva trip is dying, and I am sure I'll find myself there in the not-too-far future!
I think the year after your big grad trip would be perfect!!! See you there!
Old 05-24-2013, 03:24 PM   #2811
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I think the year after your big grad trip would be perfect!!! See you there!
in the meantime I'll just stay "home" and hang with y'all here

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 05-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #2812
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Hehehe so because I couldn't decide, I have both options booked for ADRs...

Option A: (Resort Day)
Breakfast at Boma
Dinner at Raglan Road

(Anniversary - MK and EP)
Breakfast at Crystal Palace
Lunch at Kona
Dinner at Via Napoli

Option B: (Resort Day)
Breakfast at Boma
Dinner at Kona

CS lunch at MK
Dinner at Via Napoli

Thoughts?

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 05-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #2813
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post

Breakfast at Boma
Dinner at Raglan Road

Lunch at Kona
Dinner at Via Napoli

Breakfast at Boma
Dinner at Kona

CS lunch at MK
Dinner at Via Napoli

Thoughts?

I like option B Koh....

Sad here, a sister of one of DH's summer students at work that goes to the local high school committed suicide last night. Apparently due to cyber and facebook bullying and reputation. I am just so sad and sickened by the trend of todays teens. It is such a scary world our kids are growing up in. One mistake and it is plastered all over the internet...to them ruining their lives.

Sorry, just wanted to share.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #2814
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I like option B Koh....

Sad here, a sister of one of DH's summer students at work that goes to the local high school committed suicide last night. Apparently due to cyber and facebook bullying and reputation. I am just so sad and sickened by the trend of todays teens. It is such a scary world our kids are growing up in. One mistake and it is plastered all over the internet...to them ruining their lives.

So sorry to hear that... :-/.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #2815
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Kook and Miss thanks for the birthday wishes

Marie sometimes it's hard, but I think you made the right decision for you!
On another note, what's with that Edmonton truck driver? Dont they explain up thete your not suppose to Take out the bridge on I-5, hope they have another bridge up or can fix that one by August when I have to drive down for my Florida flight

JennyJinx about BC CL
Sorry about DHs student. So sad. A school secretary's (in my district) daughter committed suicide this year fir the same reason. Some high school kids can be so terribly mean, it makes me sick.

Koh. Hard decision, I've ate at all but Crystal Palace. So if you haven't tried Raglan Road, I'd do that option.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 05-25-2013, 04:47 AM   #2816
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday SueM!!! I hope you had a great day!
Old 05-25-2013, 06:03 AM   #2817
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Sue!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 05-25-2013, 07:33 AM   #2818
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Sue!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 05-25-2013, 07:56 AM   #2819
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Sue!!!

And again, a Happy Birthday to Melissa!!

Way too far behind, and we are heading out the door to NYC for the day, to meet up with Sam's bff who is in town for a band competition.

Jen, so sad about the young lady that took her life. Bullying in school and the use of the internet to do that just seems to be rising. Kids are so mean.

Marie, DIVA trip in 2016??

Lacey, congrats to your smart and talented DD!

GG, so thankful to know that all is okay after the earthquake. Have fun at the cabin.

Kook, sorry about Disney, but your other 2 trips sound like a good alternative. (and about the other night, Sam pulled the "I need something for tomorrow" thing... that's why we were out and about around 10...)

Pas, we will get together soon... the kids and DH miss and need you!

Dani, sending out big hugs!

MM, for WL CL!! (dates, please?) Enjoy your anniversary date...

Ginny, finally getting off to NYC, those teenage girls... geesh... enjoy the softball games.

Miss, will be coming to Chicagoland in the summer... DISmeet possible??

Koh, I'm kind of undecided too ....did I miss it or did you post more about your online interview?? Next step?

Magic, what's up next for you? any plans for Disney before end of July??

Sheila, hope the weather isn't too crazy for you...it's sunny now, but cool, NYC is supposed to get some rain... of course, we are going there

Made changes to the RC list... congrats Jen... Kook, delayed taking off your trip, 'cause I was hoping it would still be possible...

Waving hi to all I've missed... we have to hit the road...

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 05-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #2820
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post

Breakfast at Boma
Dinner at Raglan Road

Lunch at Kona
Dinner at Via Napoli

Breakfast at Boma
Dinner at Kona

CS lunch at MK
Dinner at Via Napoli

Thoughts?

Krystal Option B

Quote:
I like option B Koh....

jenny So sad to hear of yet another suicide due to social media bullying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Happy Birthday Sue!!!

And again, a Happy Birthday to Melissa!!

Way too far behind, and we are heading out the door to NYC for the day, to meet up with Sam's bff who is in town for a band competition.

Jen, so sad about the young lady that took her life. Bullying in school and the use of the internet to do that just seems to be rising. Kids are so mean.

Marie, DIVA trip in 2016??

Lacey, congrats to your smart and talented DD!

GG, so thankful to know that all is okay after the earthquake. Have fun at the cabin.

Kook, sorry about Disney, but your other 2 trips sound like a good alternative. (and about the other night, Sam pulled the "I need something for tomorrow" thing... that's why we were out and about around 10...)

Pas, we will get together soon... the kids and DH miss and need you!

Dani, sending out big hugs!

MM, for WL CL!! (dates, please?) Enjoy your anniversary date...

Ginny, finally getting off to NYC, those teenage girls... geesh... enjoy the softball games.

Miss, will be coming to Chicagoland in the summer... DISmeet possible??

Koh, I'm kind of undecided too ....did I miss it or did you post more about your online interview?? Next step?

Magic, what's up next for you? any plans for Disney before end of July??

Sheila, hope the weather isn't too crazy for you...it's sunny now, but cool, NYC is supposed to get some rain... of course, we are going there

Made changes to the RC list... congrats Jen... Kook, delayed taking off your trip, 'cause I was hoping it would still be possible...

Waving hi to all I've missed... we have to hit the road...
Janet Have a wonderful time in NYC today!

Sue Happy Birthday!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: