Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #20
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Tuesday - Day at WDW

We had all booked the 7:15 am departure to Magic Kingdom and so it was an early start to the day. We were told the night before to allow about 30 minutes to disembark and go through customs. The G-family and ourselves all ordered room service for breakfast by hanging the order on our doors the night before. We ordered for 6:00 am. Ours arrived at about 6:15 am, but unfortunately the G-family didn't get theirs until 6:45, so they were literally trying to grab and run while they were leaving their stateroom. Although it was a big inconvenience at the time, they were left a fruit gift basket from guest services that evening to apologize for the delay.

Getting through customs & immigration was a breeze, I would say it took us about 5 minutes. The motorcoaches were all lined up outside and it wasn't long at all before we were heading away from the Port.

About 40 minutes into the journey J-bug got sick from the motion sickness & lack of breakfast - poor little thing. Thankfully she had moved to sit next to her Dad! The other good thing was that as soon as we got off the bus she was fine for the rest of the day.

It was raining when we got to WDW...

Thankfully as we got off the bus, it was barely sprinkling, and had pretty much stopped raining. We got to the Magic Kingdom at about 8:30 am and the park opened at 9:00 am.

We all waited patiently for the opening ceremony...the kids were very excited as this was their first ever trip to WDW, but the wait almost killed them! LOL

Mickey and the gang arrived at the train station, and we were off and into the park. Obligatory castle picture...

Everyone else headed towards Tales with Belle and I was the FP runner, so I hastily headed to Peter Pan for FP, meeting them back in Fantasyland.

First time for everyone at Enchanted Tales with Belle and it was great, I was glad that we decided to do it, as it was a toss up for a little while because of the lines.

Once inside J got chosen to be the Prince/Beast and J-bug was a set of silverware...LOL

The kids loved it, but I think "A" loved it the most...she said it was a perfect way to start their day.

Our FP window for PP was up, so while everyone headed that way, I grabbed FP for Journey of the Little Mermaid and we all met up back at PP.

Next was It's a Small World as it basically had no line...(note to self, blue gum stands out pretty badly! )

We went around to Haunted Mansion...again no line..it was a walk on...the park wasn't very crowded at all.

The kids weren't so keen on HM but they were brave about it.

Next up...back to Fantasyland...

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
ukintheus is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: