Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 08:30 AM   #1291
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

All caught up, Jennifer. I love that you got to see the Christmas Parade at AK. It is really neat and then going to Epcot to meet Tim and his family! Great day is all I can say.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #1292
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
All caught up, Jennifer. I love that you got to see the Christmas Parade at AK. It is really neat and then going to Epcot to meet Tim and his family! Great day is all I can say.
I heard you snuck off again. Lucky you.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #1293
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Nov. 9, 2012, Friday, Day 9

I woke around 6ish this morning. I just canít sleep in while at Disney. I took a quick walk outside and took some pictures with my point and shoot, but it was still fairly dark and they all came out really blurry.
I then took a shower and got myself started for the day. I left the makeup for later and went out to find the laundry facilities and started a load.

By then it was about 7:30 and I went out for a stroll while the others slept. I am pretty sure Mom had gotten up, but she mightíve went back to bed for a bit.

I then went for another walk to take some pictures.

Awww. Some Duckies.

This is the Villa pool.

I headed back to the room and took care of the laundry and then got Claire up and ready to go. My parents arenít ones who get up and go early and they kind of slow us down at times. Claire is not an early riser at all, but we only have so much time and we really needed to be on our way.

We got a few texts. Rob was sick. So sick he was staying in the room and Gail was going off on her own with the girls. She had a reservation at Hollywood and Vine that morning and was headed off. Gails phone also stopped charging she had noticed when she got off the ship, so if we needed to contact her, she was carrying Robs phone. Her phone would only work if it was actually plugged into the charger, but would not charge. (Ironically when she got home it worked fine, but Rob bought her a new iPhone for her b-day in Dec.)

By 8:50 we were heading down to get some breakfast.

By 9 we had it and found a table outside to sit at.

I got the breakfast sandwich and potatoes, as did Mom.

I think Mom got this for Dad.

Now Claire will not eat any of this except for bacon and I donít have a picture, but I am thinking we got her a muffin to eat.

The view from our table.

I think Dad forgot his hat and had to go back and get it. We werenít going to wait though. I told my parents how to get to Hollywood Studios and Claire and I headed off.

Of course the friendship boat was leaving just as we walked up.

We waited around a bit.

I am not known for patience and I didnít see a boat anywhere close to coming so we decided to walk.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:55 PM   #1294
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

The nice thing about walking was we got some nice views of the Boardwalk and the Swan and Dolphin.

Oh look! We could see Tower of Terror peeking over the trees.

Let me just say this walk is NOT short. I knew it was probably kind of long, but it was even longer than I thought. But we did walk fairly fast and I felt better actually moving than waiting for a friendship boat.

Look!!!!! The tree is up there too!

And as we got closer we could see ToT peeking some more.

Of course I took a ton of pictures of the tree.

And then I told Claire to go stand in front of it.

Look how huge it is. The ornaments are as big as her head.

I was just loving all the Christmas dťcor!

We had entered the park about 9:45. A little later than I had hoped, but still not too bad.

Last edited by jenseib; 05-22-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:39 PM   #1295
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, Jen. LOVE the pictures around the Beach Club and then the Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin. We never walked it, but it sure looked like a long walk. But I'm with you...I get impatient waiting.

Wasn't that tree huge at the Studios? I couldn't believe how big it was.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:06 AM   #1296
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Jen. LOVE the pictures around the Beach Club and then the Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin. We never walked it, but it sure looked like a long walk. But I'm with you...I get impatient waiting.

Wasn't that tree huge at the Studios? I couldn't believe how big it was.
It is a long walk, but it's doable. I am glad we did it so I could see the views that we did and a new experience for us.

That ree was huge, but did you notice it had a lean to it too. I was surprised. Maybe they went back after we left and straightened it, but when I took pics if I got the tree in the camera straightm the the ground was tilted or vice versa.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #1297
MEK
DIS Veteran

I love the walk to Hollywood Studios (when it's not blazing hot out) and it looks like you had a gorgeous day to do a little sight seeing.

I am always amazed how big that Christmas tree. It just towers over everything. Wouldn't you just love to see how they put that thing up?

Claire's outfit looks really cute.

Beautiful pics.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #1298
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

We will be staying at the Beach Club end of August. It will be our first visit there.

Normally, I wouldn't not mind the 20 or so minute walk to Hollywood Studios, but given it will August and likely blazing hot, I think I will be a boat waiting kind of a girl this trip.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #1299
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I love the walk to Hollywood Studios (when it's not blazing hot out) and it looks like you had a gorgeous day to do a little sight seeing.

I am always amazed how big that Christmas tree. It just towers over everything. Wouldn't you just love to see how they put that thing up?

Claire's outfit looks really cute.

Beautiful pics.
I ordered that outfit and worried it would come. the girl said a certain amount of weeks and that came and went and she wasn't responding. Basically after i said I was filing a claim with my credit card company did she start answering and sent it. I will never order from her again. it's very cute but she kind had weird seams that a professional shouldn't do.
I can imagine on a hot day that would not be a great walk. It was nice. We were wearing sweatshirt and just comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
We will be staying at the Beach Club end of August. It will be our first visit there.

Normally, I wouldn't not mind the 20 or so minute walk to Hollywood Studios, but given it will August and likely blazing hot, I think I will be a boat waiting kind of a girl this trip.
Yes, when I stayed at YC in Aug it was HOT! Even at 11 PM. the walk to Epcot was a scorcher too.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:07 PM   #1300
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Nice pics with Belle.
I love Epcot lit up at night.
It is so great when you can meet someone from here that you have chatting with for so long.
Quote:
I've kissed the guy a time or 2 and I dont think it is THAT special. LOL

That cracked me up.
I have that fear of the tape tag being left on my pants. I hate it. LOL
Early morning and late night resort walks are the best.
I love seeing the Christmas dťcor.
All caught up again.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #1301
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Nice pics with Belle.
I love Epcot lit up at night.
It is so great when you can meet someone from here that you have chatting with for so long.

That cracked me up.
I have that fear of the tape tag being left on my pants. I hate it. LOL
Early morning and late night resort walks are the best.
I love seeing the Christmas dťcor.
All caught up again.
Thanks. It was a nice evening. I am hoping no one saw the tag on my back end.

Ok maybe when we were frist dating and married the kiss was "that" special, but it's not going to knock my socks anytime soon.

I really loved the Christmas decor, so much so that I am trying to think of a way to get back there this year to see it again.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #1302
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

After we entered Hollywood Studios, I texted Gail. She was just finishing up with their breakfast at Hollywood and Vine and was getting ready to pay. I told her I would work my way towards there. We spotted a photopass photographer and stopped for a few pictures.

We then worked our way towards the ďhatĒ.

I am not really sure why I took this picture like this, but I took several of the same thing. Maybe I liked the palms with the hat?

I stopped and took this picture next.

And then I had Claire jump in.

Disney Channel Rocks was just starting so we walked over there to watch and I texted Gail to let her know where I was. I also texted mom and Dad as they had just entered the park as well and let them know where I was and where Gail was.

Everyone caught up with us and we stuck around and the girls enjoyed the singing and dancing, but eventually we pulled them away. We had a mission.

Yep, you guessed it. Fast passes for Toy Story Mania.

Now there was a conflict here. The current return time was for around 3:45 if I remember right. Claire had the Wonderland Tea Party scheduled for 2PM. Our plan was to go to the Magic Kingdom after the party. The park closed early that night for the first Christmas party and I figured we would be close and it shouldnít be too crowded. Getting back to the Studios in time would also be cutting it close.
But plans change ÖÖClaire said she just HAD to ride TSM. Now she has only rode it one other time in her life and I am not even sure she remembers anything about it. But the thing was she couldnít let Alexis ride it without her. So we sat and discussed this. As we stood there a guy came over and asked if we were looking for a later time, as he had just gotten some and they were too late for him. We said sure and took them as well.
I eventually gave in and said we would be back. I told Gail that I would text her to let her know how we were doing on time so she would know whether to wait for us or not. If we didnít make it back we would use the ones for the later window. I then had a happy girl again. And I really did want her to enjoy her time and she may never get back to the parks with her cousin again in her life, so I did want it to be special.

So then the next thing we decide was what to do next. Gail does not ride anything big or wild of any sort. Rob usually takes Alexis on that sort of stuff, but he was sick. So I said I would take Alexis on Tower of Terror. Claire was iffy, but I reminded her that she has done it before and did fine. So we said good byes and off we went.

We didnít get far when we saw a photopass photographer out and I made us stop for a shot.

This photographer was great and asked if we each wanted individual ones. Sure thing!!!

I had taken this one of Alexis while she was getting hers done.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #1303
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

And then off to ToT we went!!!! I loved the street lined with stars.

The wait said 40 minutes, but it was practically walk on. Maybe 5-10 minutes tops.

Did this used to have water in it? I swear it did.

We went in and enjoyed the preshow. I had two girls clinging to me though. We headed off to wait in the next line. And as we came to the spot where the line divides a cast member was standing there and it only took me a second to recognize him. I asked him if he was on one of the travel channel specials and he said in his creepy voice that yes he was. Then I asked if the girls could have a picture with him and he agreed.

I told him that he probably thought I was pretty crazy to recognize him off of the show (which I can't remember which one it is off hand) because it probably meant I have watched it several times and he said no, his mother has it recorded and watches it all the time.

We thanked him and went on our way. Claire was a little spooked, but Alexis seemed to thrive on it. We survived our fall and Alexis wanted to do it again and Claire agreed so we headed right back out and got in line again. This time the line was longer, closer to 20 minutes or so.
I took a few pictures of the girls.

Claire started to have 2nd thoughts, but Alexis still wanted to ride it again. I told Claire when we got up there we would ask them to take her out through the chicken exit. She was mad I called her chicken, but I explained that is just what it is called and adults even use it. She was fine with that. Once we got up there I told the CM's she needed to exit and wait for us on the other side. They kind of went back and forth with each other because she was at the borderline age of going through herself or with a CM. A CM ended up walking with her. She told us after that she got to go down a safe elevator and a little bit back stage. She said she knew I would've loved to see it.
Alexis and I went on the ride and the weirdest thing happened. I have never had this happen before nor have I heard anyone else mention it. We waited and waited to drop and all of a sudden we went up ........FAST! That was a shock. Alexis and I just laughed and laughed. I never heard of it doing that before. I didn't even know that was an option.
Of course we then fell. It was another fun ride.
I did take our redneck picture this time after.

I was waving and Alexis just looks like she is sitting back, relaxing.

We found Claire waiting with a CM and off we went.

It was time for a snack. I told the girls we were making a stop and I kept it a secret, so they were excited to find out what it was. I was too. Our stop was Starring rolls. I have never gone there, but after seeing countless pictures of other peoples cupcakes, we were going to join the club!
Boy those cupcakes are HUGE! We went in and I told the girls we were just going to share one and I was picking it out. No need for arguments and of course I already knew what I wanted.
We ordered the peanut butter and chocolate cupcake and took it outside to a table.

Doesn't that look darn good?

I cut it in 3rds and there was plenty for all 3 of us.

I really can't imagine eating a whole one by myself. It was good, but rich and with me eating a 3rd was just the right amount without getting sick of it. The girls were in love with it as well and ate every last bite they each had too. Of course the chocolate on top was a huge hit too. We texted pictures to everyone and of course I had to show Gail I was filling Alexis up with junk! LOL

We then made our way to find everyone else. The decision was made to ride Star Tours. I can't remember who all rode this, but I think Abby was too small, so perhaps Gail took her somewhere else? I do know Mary and Geoff and Pete and Vicki were with us. I am not sure if Mom and Dad rode it too or not?

The line wasn't too long at all, which was a good thing, because we would need to leave soon for the Wonderland Tea Party at the Grand Floridian.
We got a lucky spotting of Storm Troopers.

While in line Pete asked me if there was anything he needed to know about this ride and that I wasn't tricking him like I did with Everest the day before. LOL.

We had a great time on this ride. It was so funny to hear everyone squealing and laughing. I was near Pete and he just kept going Whoa, heehee, wow, whoa! It was so funny. It was a big hit and they all wanted to ride again. Gosh, we would be cutting it close. If the line moved fast (and all the stars aligned right) we could do it. The line appeared to be even shorter and I made the decision to go one more time. Now knowing how things went .......I should've told Claire no, but I didn't and it is what it is ......

We had a great time once again. We all laughed and really enjoyed the ride. We had a slightly different scene the 2nd time around too.
But now we had to hurry and get out of the park.

We walked EXTREMELY fast to get to the front, but as fate would have it Claire had to go to the bathroom. UGH. Can you hold it? ..... NO! Gosh darn it. So we made the stop and I should've changed her clothes then, but I was trying to hurry. We flew out of the park and towards the bus stop. There was a bus there and we RAN! And just as we got to the bus queue he pulled away. You have GOT to be kidding me! Another family had also been running to the bus and let's just say they had a few choice words about the situation and I agreed!

I started to have an anxiety attack too. UGH, I was trying to figure out how long before another bus would come ..... IF it came with in at least 20 minutes and all went smoothly we would still make it. I did decide to go see if I could find the MK bus. Maybe that would be faster.
We walked back to find the sign to direct us to the MK bus.

I peered down the way for the MK bus and I didn't see one there. Now if I was thinking straight, I should've just gotten a taxi and gone. Yes it would've been extra money, but I would've felt better. I did not make that choice however.

So we headed back to the GF bus stop and waited and waited and waited. My clock was ticking away. I texted Carey and let her know we were trying to get there, but we missed the bus. Claire and Kadence were doing the party together today.
It was now past 20 minutes. Did I tell you I am not a patient person? A guy came and he was going to be taking over the bus route. I mentioned that it was now close to 30 minutes and he said that was about right as the buses go about 30 minutes. Um ..... Where did he get his info? They are supposed to go every 20 minutes. The bus finally pulls up and the new driver goes, "no wonder its late, that guys a jerk. I hate him." Seriously, he just said that? Then he turned and said, "Just kidding, we like to joke with each other." But when that driver got off, I could tell that neither really cared for each other. I was really hoping a new driver meant faster, but I was so WRONG. He had to do an inspection and he was ANAL about it. Finally we took off. I am 99% sure this guy was new. At every stop he made, traffic light, stop sign, whatever .....he would stop, look, stop again, look and sometimes even stop a 3rd time. I was texting away to poor Carey. I kept telling her how we were trying to get there and now had the worst bus driver on Disney property.
Of course we had to make a zillion stops before getting to GF as well. I can't remember which resorts, but I am pretty sure there were at least 2 before we got to GF. Even going over a speed bump was a slow challenge for this driver.
As the time ticked, 2 o'clock came. Carey told me that she told them at the check in desk we were on our way, but running late and would have Kadence save Claire a seat. We still needed to get Claire dressed. I did it on the bus. We just pulled her dress over her shirt and then took her skirt off. At least we were ready once we got there.
And yes, finally we did, at about 2:10 or so. We flew off that bus and RAN to the lobby and towards 1900 PF. They took Claire immediately in and I took care of paying for her. I just felt so awful that she had to miss part of the party. I am glad this wasn't her first time doing it. But we will most likely do it again so she can get the full experience once more.

I found Carey and John in the lobby and sat down and sighed a HUGE sigh of relief and then gave them a play by play of our ordeal. Thank goodness for good listening friends!

Last edited by jenseib; 05-24-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #1304
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I don't know if it's because I walk a lot at home, and have no problem walking 35 minutes just to get to the ice cream place, but I don't find the walk from Beach Club to DHS to be that long. In fact, I love it! Otaku basically had to beg us to wait for a boat once.

I'm glad the girls, especially Alexis, liked TOT.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:20 PM   #1305
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I don't know if it's because I walk a lot at home, and have no problem walking 35 minutes just to get to the ice cream place, but I don't find the walk from Beach Club to DHS to be that long. In fact, I love it! Otaku basically had to beg us to wait for a boat once.

I'm glad the girls, especially Alexis, liked TOT.
My biggest problem with the walk is that I am impatient and I just want to be there and it takes so long to either walk or boat. I think the walk might be faster at times though.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: