Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2013, 11:06 PM   #14
AZMermaid
DIS Veteran

We are also from Arizona and getting ready to take our first cruise in July with our 17 month old and 2.75 year old. We have them signed up for the nursery a lot at dinner. We have 6 nights of dinners (one excursion goes long) so I reserved 2 nights 6:30-8:00 and 2 nights 5:30-8:00. I figured that gives us 2 meals all together (which honestly may shrink to one if the first night doesn't go well), 2 nights where we can get their dinner with our appetizers and then run them up to play and 2 nights of dinner without them. I feel like they would rather be playing in the nursery than stuck at a long dinner- but we have main seating. I also scheduled them for 2 hours during the day on Sea Days, including for Palo Brunch. This was mainly to have time booked. I might cancel or adjust the sea day times once on board.

We are going to try 2 shows. Based on reviews here, we are going to try Golden Mickeys and Disney Dreams. My son (now 2.5) sounds a lot like yours- super high energy, never sits still, but sweet as can be and actually fairly obedient in more structured settings, like library class. My daughter is a lot more mellow, but hitting her toddler stride where she wants to be more independent.

My son has been to Disneyland 3 times- at 9,13 and 26 months. He LOVED the characters the first two trips but at 2, took a bit to warm up to them. He has never had a real issue with Santa or the Easter Bunny, he may not be overjoyed, but likes them. My daughter mostly hated the characters at 10 months and really hated Santa and the Easter Bunny this year. So, you just never know I guess!

AZMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: