Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #11
ClareH37
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor View Post
I don't know if I would call it snobbery, but I was taken aback last June when we stayed in an AoA suite and I had attached my CC to my KTTW for charging privileges. We ate at CP and I gave my KTTW to our server to pay the bill. He then came back to tell me there was a problem with the charge and I needed to speak with someone on the phone. I then had to go back to the kitchen and ok the charge - it was very embarrassing. It was then I learned Disney has set a limit on the amount you can charge to your room based on what category of resort you are staying in - apparently it's $500 for values (even family suites for which you are paying close to deluxe prices), $1000 for moderates and $1500 for deluxe. So it may not be advert snobbery, but Disney is making assumptions about our economic wherewithal based on the category of resort we are staying in.
This really frustrates me, I remember we were staying at POFQ in 2 rooms without a dining plan, absolutely everything we purchased/ate in Disney was charged to one room, we spent close to $3,000 on food/drinks/gifts etc that trip and had to have the limit increased via a phone call when purchasing some items in Epcot - I'm pretty certain thy gave us a larger increase during that call when my father confirmed the credit card they were charging had over $10,000 worth of available credit.

1992/1994/1995/1997/1999/2001 - Offsite/POFQ * December 2004 - CSR, YC * December 2006 - YC CL * May 2007 - BWI * December 2007 - GF RPC, BWI CL * May 2009 - BWI CL *
May 2010 - BWI CL * November 2011 - BWI CL * December 2012 - BC CL * May 2014 - GF CL & WL CL *
ClareH37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: