Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 06:10 AM   #31
Running Babeck
Earning My Ears

Split Stay with Poly or not?

Our fam of 4 (DH, DS 9, DD 11 + myself) are currently booked for a Nemo suite, 9 nights, early August, 1st trip ever. With that many nights, we are strongly considering a split stay w/ Poly. Original plan was to do Poly 1st, then move to AoA. Everyone has advised me to switch & do our Nemo suite 1st, then on to Poly, so now I'm thinking that if we go for the split we'll do it that way, but, now I'm wondering if we should just stay put with our suite and enjoy it for what it is (as we currently have no basis for comparison, so won't miss the amenities at Poly since we've never experienced them). The only thing is that we would actually save a few hundred dollars by splitting with the Poly! So, my questions now are:

(1) Would you advise a split in this situation?
(2) If we do the split, should we definitely do AoA 1st, then Poly?

Thanks so much for your help. I don't think I've ever been so indecisive about anything in my life!
Running Babeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:11 AM   #32
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

I was just wondering if anyone has decorated their door in the family suites? This is something we love to do at the values, and I have heard that the doors in the LM section are metal, but I've had some trouble finding out about the family suite doors since they are inside.

Any info would be appreciated!!

JavArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 08:30 AM   #33
MinnieTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammag View Post
Where do the busses drop off at mk and ak? If its a big walk just want to make sure we know for my mom
We just got back and the MK bus stop was the 'next to last' stop. Pop was last/farthest. We didn't go to Ak so not sure about that. Epcot was far too.

I do have to say this about the bus service... One night at MK close there was a HUGE line at the AoA bus stop. All the way thru the queue and then some! Before you knew it 3 buses for AoA pulled up and they got most of the hoarde of people waiting right on and back to the resort.

MinnieTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #34
dmaxphil
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Babeck View Post
Our fam of 4 (DH, DS 9, DD 11 + myself) are currently booked for a Nemo suite, 9 nights, early August, 1st trip ever. With that many nights, we are strongly considering a split stay w/ Poly. Original plan was to do Poly 1st, then move to AoA. Everyone has advised me to switch & do our Nemo suite 1st, then on to Poly, so now I'm thinking that if we go for the split we'll do it that way, but, now I'm wondering if we should just stay put with our suite and enjoy it for what it is (as we currently have no basis for comparison, so won't miss the amenities at Poly since we've never experienced them). The only thing is that we would actually save a few hundred dollars by splitting with the Poly! So, my questions now are:

(1) Would you advise a split in this situation? We love splits, so sure.
(2) If we do the split, should we definitely do AoA 1st, then Poly? Depends on your reasoning.... Do you want to finish with the most convenient location or the place your kids will like best?

Thanks so much for your help. I don't think I've ever been so indecisive about anything in my life!

I'm a big Poly fan. However, I think there is a good chance your kiddos will like AoA better. Poly first w/split would work out great especially if you plan on visiting Magic Kingdom frequently during those first few days. Make sure you request a recently renovated room at Poly.

Edited to answer two questions...
dmaxphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #35
Running Babeck
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxphil View Post

I'm a big Poly fan. However, I think there is a good chance your kiddos will like AoA better. Poly first w/split would work out great especially if you plan on visiting Magic Kingdom frequently during those first few days. Make sure you request a recently renovated room at Poly.

Edited to answer two questions...
That was my original plan for the split, although I've always read to go from value to deluxe and not the other way around. My thinking was that we would do MK & EP 1st from Poly, then once we moved to AoA we would do AK, DH, water parks & maybe Epcot again. My thought was that the kids might like AoA better, and that while we were downgrading our resort, our room might actually feel like an upgrade since we were moving to the suite. I was also thinking that we might find AoA & our park schedule from there somewhat relaxing (ok, that might be a stretch). I guess I just need to decide what will bother us less (downgrade in space/kid themed or downgrade in amenities).

Thanks for posting. Glad to know my original plan wasn't completely crazy.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:29 PM   #36
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavArmy View Post
I was just wondering if anyone has decorated their door in the family suites? This is something we love to do at the values, and I have heard that the doors in the LM section are metal, but I've had some trouble finding out about the family suite doors since they are inside.

Any info would be appreciated!!
Anyone?

JavArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #37
NaeNae30
Earning My Ears

Closet/Drawer Space

How much closet and drawer space is in the Cars suites? We have 3 adults and two children and would like to unpack all of our suitcases. HATE living out of a suitcase for a week plus I like to put the dirty clothes back into the suitcases once they are worn.

Just wondering if this is going to be possible or if I need to plan on something else. We are flying so I can't carry extra suitcases.
WDW with 8 week old-Sept/Oct. 2010 (All-Star Sports)
Birthday Trip-Nov. 2011 (POR)

Upcoming: Summer Vacation-June 2013 (AOA)
NaeNae30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:05 PM   #38
schmeve
Mouseketeer

I know in the standard room there's 3 drawers in the dresser and one standard closet bar

We were Engaged in front of Cinderella's Castle May 2007

Schmeve
schmeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #39
polyfor4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeNae30 View Post
How much closet and drawer space is in the Cars suites? We have 3 adults and two children and would like to unpack all of our suitcases. HATE living out of a suitcase for a week plus I like to put the dirty clothes back into the suitcases once they are worn.

Just wondering if this is going to be possible or if I need to plan on something else. We are flying so I can't carry extra suitcases.
The private bedroom has a roomy closet and there's a hanging bar in the living room, one deep drawer and then three drawers under the TV. Definitely wot be living out of your suitcase. We overpack and had plenty of room, I loved getting settled in.

May 2014 BWI/ Poly CL
May 2013 AoA/ Poly CL Nov 2013 Pop
Sept 2012 AoA May 2012 Pop/ Poly Feb 2012 POR
May 2011 Pop/ Poly April 2011 CSR
Dec 2010 POR May 2010 POR
Dec 2009 CBR May 2009 Poly March 2009 POR

polyfor4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:53 PM   #40
polyfor4
Mouseketeer

Quote:

That was my original plan for the split, although I've always read to go from value to deluxe and not the other way around. My thinking was that we would do MK & EP 1st from Poly, then once we moved to AoA we would do AK, DH, water parks & maybe Epcot again. My thought was that the kids might like AoA better, and that while we were downgrading our resort, our room might actually feel like an upgrade since we were moving to the suite. I was also thinking that we might find AoA & our park schedule from there somewhat relaxing (ok, that might be a stretch). I guess I just need to decide what will bother us less (downgrade in space/kid themed or downgrade in amenities).

Thanks for posting. Glad to know my original plan wasn't completely crazy.
We're doing an AoA/ Poly trip Friday! We love AoA but there's so many more amenities at the deluxe resorts. I would recommend doing AoA first but if your family is looking forward to it and it works with your schedule, do it! We stayed at the Cars suites in September and adored the theming. The poly is by far our favorite (a vacation in itself) but I won't want to rush my trip since we're staying at AoA in the beginning!

May 2014 BWI/ Poly CL
May 2013 AoA/ Poly CL Nov 2013 Pop
Sept 2012 AoA May 2012 Pop/ Poly Feb 2012 POR
May 2011 Pop/ Poly April 2011 CSR
Dec 2010 POR May 2010 POR
Dec 2009 CBR May 2009 Poly March 2009 POR

polyfor4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #41
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeNae30 View Post

In a cars suite there is a stand alone wardrobe that is open with a bar across and a drawer on the bottom for hanging stuff and a I think a 3 drawer dresser in the main living area. In the master there is a bar for hanging and a 3 drawer dresser. There is ample counter space in the master bathroom for toiletries and a few shelves in the kitchenette for food. I thought there was more than enough room for all of our stuff for 4 adults and 2 kids!!!
Blessedwithboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #42
Disneytwinsmom
DIS Veteran

Vey excited about our AOA stay in November. My family thinks we are staying in a LM room but I upgraded us to the Nemo suite! I am not going to tell them until we get there! My kids love arcades and we usually dont let them blow alot of money in them, but when they saw the pictures of the arcade at AOA they asked if they could go and we said yes of course! Does anyone know if the games take tokens or can you swipe your Key to the World and it is charged to your room?
Old 05-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #43
Lazor460
Mouseketeer

Quote:

(1) Would you advise a split in this situation?
(2) If we do the split, should we definitely do AoA 1st, then Poly?

Hi! I originally considered doing a split too. I think I would probably go from AOA to Poly because going from value to deluxe, and because of the convenience of hopping on the monorail. In the beginning you won't know the convenience, but once you have it I think it would be difficult to not have it. However, if you chose to only do one this time I would do AOA because of the ages of your kids. I'm sure they will love AOA, but next time you come back they will obviously be older and it may not be as exciting for them. Although I am 27 and can't wait!

If you don't mind me asking you, how is it cheaper for you to split your trip at the Poly? We have never stayed there and would definitely be interested!
2007 Sarasota, FL
2005 Celebrity Century Cruise
Me DH DD 8 DS 5 DD 1,
Lazor460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:28 AM   #44
Running Babeck
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazor460 View Post

Hi! I originally considered doing a split too. I think I would probably go from AOA to Poly because going from value to deluxe, and because of the convenience of hopping on the monorail. In the beginning you won't know the convenience, but once you have it I think it would be difficult to not have it. However, if you chose to only do one this time I would do AOA because of the ages of your kids. I'm sure they will love AOA, but next time you come back they will obviously be older and it may not be as exciting for them. Although I am 27 and can't wait!

If you don't mind me asking you, how is it cheaper for you to split your trip at the Poly? We have never stayed there and would definitely be interested!
Thanks for chiming in on my decision. Definitely helps me to hear thoughts from others.

Poly is actually cheaper during our dates because of the summer discount (30%) vs NO discount on the Nemo family suite at that time. Also, it has to do with the way the pricing season works at the values compared to the deluxes. That's the other reason I was thinking of doing AoA after Poly-we would be taking advantage of a cheaper season @ AoA if we wait until August 4th to go there. Over the weekend we'll be at WDW, it would cost us $400/night to stay in the suite while it would cost about $300/night at Poly. While there are just 4 of us, our kids need to sleep in separate beds, and separate spaces altogether if possible which is why the suite really appeals to us. We could get a 15% discount if we switched to a Cars or LK suite, but my kids love Nemo,
Old 05-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #45
WisconsinDad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks for chiming in on my decision. Definitely helps me to hear thoughts from others.

Poly is actually cheaper during our dates because of the summer discount (30%) vs NO discount on the Nemo family suite at that time. Also, it has to do with the way the pricing season works at the values compared to the deluxes. That's the other reason I was thinking of doing AoA after Poly-we would be taking advantage of a cheaper season @ AoA if we wait until August 4th to go there. Over the weekend we'll be at WDW, it would cost us $400/night to stay in the suite while it would cost about $300/night at Poly. While there are just 4 of us, our kids need to sleep in separate beds, and separate spaces altogether if possible which is why the suite really appeals to us. We could get a 15% discount if we switched to a Cars or LK suite, but my kids love Nemo,
Another thing to consider is which days will you be visiting MK and Epcot. Poly is much more convenient on days you'll be visiting those parks but AoA is more convenient to AK and HS (Poly shares buses and AoA doesn't).
WisconsinDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: