Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 01:11 PM   #16
tukkerlove
Mouseketeer

Lots of consensus on Aladdin, I was hoping that was one we could skip. Ugh it is sounding like we'll need to do all the nights....
tukkerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #17
bah33
Earning My Ears

Loved Aladdin! Wishes I could have lived without and believe was very well done! I got hypnotized and this was such a awesome experience for me and for my family to watch! I got stopped all the time on the boat by other people telling me how they enjoyed the show and asking me if it was real! So don't miss Aladdin, the hypnotizing and try and see believe. My kids are 6 and 3 and sat through all the shows but go early and try to get near the front!!
bah33 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 01:39 PM   #18
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymepops View Post
For our first Disney Cruise on the Fantasy last year...I went with DH and my two boys thinking I was not going to get to see the shows...((eww that's girly)) after Wishes..not only were my boys and my husband on the edge of their seats loving every second... ...but we HAD to see every other show EVERY NIGHT!! My boys were 7 and 10 and VERY BOY! So if they loved it and were hooked by Wishes, that is the must see show... , but you will be back for the rest!! I really thought the shows were great..but miss...no REALLY!! They are WORTH IT!!! Go see them..you will love them!!!
Same experience for me. My honey of 10yrs is a big kid at 36 and has the same attention span. Knows Lion King songs etc but not a disney music LA FREAKA!!! like I am. He could barely sit thru 10 min on the OTHER cruise line... on this one, he was there early and got us seats every night and stayed to all of it! He just tells everyone how good the entertainment is, raves about it. It's funny to watch. I'm glad he's happy! I know I was! 15 min into GM, twinkie leans over and says "I think we better start planning the next one!" My BIL stayed thru all of Mickeys too.

Not as impressed with Believe (loved the real life tinkerbell tho) but I think we would definitely go to all the new shows we hadn't seen on the next cruise and I would watch GMs again in a heart beat.

If you are on a 7 day, don't they have like some magicians or something, and on those nights, you can run around the ship?
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #19
Buckeye218
DVC Member since 2004

After two cruises on the Fantasy...

1) Wishes....hands down the best show on the Fantasy, unanimous in my family of two mid-40's parents and two teens. Starts off a little slow, but is the best choreographed show we've seen in six DCL cruises. New dance numbers to different Disney movies, great vocal range of the two female leads, high energy show.

2) Aladdin....better on our most recent cruise...whoever plays the Genie makes or breaks the show. It is understandably not quite as good as the Disneyland version (given the logistical limitations), but it is worth seeing.

3) Believe....we loved 'Dreams' on the Magic and really wanted to like this show, but my wife and I agreed this was actually painful to watch on our last cruise. The character of the father is just flat. We'll probably give it one more chance as production performance can vary widely with cast changes or even just an off-night. But if you're going to miss a show, I'd pick this one.
Dis Dads Club Member #85

Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern April 2013 Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern September 2006
Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western June 2012 Disney Wonder 4 Night October 2005

Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern March 2008 Disney Magic 7 Night Western October 2004
Buckeye218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #20
melinda24
Earning My Ears

Do you know what night Believe is on the Eastern
melinda24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:21 PM   #21
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melinda24 View Post
Do you know what night Believe is on the Eastern
Believe is on Thursday on all itineraries - semiformal night.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #22
Praise2Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tukkerlove View Post
Lots of consensus on Aladdin, I was hoping that was one we could skip. Ugh it is sounding like we'll need to do all the nights....
Don't miss Aladdin! But there is a matinee at 3 pm, so you don't have to go at night

Rodney Lisa Kenton Tiffany Kevin Leighton Jayden Lana
Praise2Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #23
Pooh001
Mouseketeer

Just got off Fantasy last week- excellent magic show one night . It was called Night Magic. Recommend highly if you have it on board.
Pooh001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #24
elemusing

ok - we have only cruised on the Wonder and LOVED all of it's shows. We were pretty disappointed in the shows on the Fantasy. We did not like Wishes at all. Aladdin was good -especially the Genie and the Magic Carpet. Believe is AWESOME. I was crying by the end of it. It reminded me very much of a show on the Wonder called Dreams.

We did go see the hypnotist - and he was good. It was funny. He has a show late at night for adults, but we didn't see that one. If you go to him, get there at least 20-30 minutes early. We got there 15 minutes early and the bar was already SRO.

We did not go see the magicians or ventriloquist, but we heard very good things about both of those shows from other people on board.

The Pirate show has changed a lot since we last cruised. It was pretty good - but that's probably our last one for a while.
'14 - AoA -DS's marching band at MK!'14 - DL First Trip! GC
elemusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #25
erocrobro
DIS Veteran

On sea days, there is a matinee at 3:00 if you don't want to go in the evening. We went to those and really preferred it. One night is a movie, so if you have already seen it you could skip that. For us it was Iron Man 3. Of the live shows, my family loved Wishes, Aladdin, and Believe. If I was going to skip, I would skip the welcome and goodbye show. We also had a really good magic act one night, but depending on what you have on your cruise that night may be something you could skip.

erocrobro is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: