Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #16
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
How many people (over age 3) in your traveling party? If you have 5 or more, then I think that SV or WV are the only rooms you can book at YC club level.

I have started a Room View thread for the Yacht Club and the Beach Club. I only have one posting for SV (CL) so far- here is the link to the links:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...02&postcount=7

Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohgirl6 View Post
Dee, are you saying that none of the GV CL rooms at YC have daybeds? We have booked a YC GV CL room (that was what was avail w PIN at the time) but my boys def want a daybed so they don't have to share a bed

TIA for any clarification

I may have misspoken about the YC situation. I just went back to my notes- for YC CL GV, there are 5 rooms. Two of these rooms have king beds and two have daybeds- not sure if these are separate rooms... BUT i also have quotes from two guests who had 2 Queens and a daybed in the room, and gave me different room numbers. So it sounds like there are configurations that would work for you, and in fact the odds are pretty good (2 out of 3 since you wouldn't be given a King Bed room presumably)

If you don't happen to get a room with a daybed, remember that you can request a rollaway, free of charge, for your stay.

Now at the BC, there are 9 GV CL rooms. Although one of these rooms does have a daybed, they are no longer booking this category for families of 5.

Sorry about any confusion or panic I caused. I am much more familiar with the situation at the BC.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:37 AM   #17
madalex
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethB View Post
We stayed Standard View Club Level a year ago and are doing so again in a couple of months. We didn't really notice the view as being unpleasant. Frankly, we don't recall what it was. But, for us, the CL experience was top notch (and we have experices at GF RPC, WL CL, AKL CL, BC CL, BWI CL to compare it with). If I were you, I would stay with CL and not be too concerned about the view.
+1 to this. I have stayed at YC CL more than a dozen times (with other CL stays at GF, BC, BWI, BC and WL). Sometimes I have stayed in a lagoon view room and other times in a standard view room. While I certainly prefer the lagoon view room, I have never been put off by the views from the standard view rooms.

If I had to choose between the view and staying club level, I would definitely choos staying club level.
madalex is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #18
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by madalex View Post
+1 to this. I have stayed at YC CL more than a dozen times (with other CL stays at GF, BC, BWI, BC and WL). Sometimes I have stayed in a lagoon view room and other times in a standard view room. While I certainly prefer the lagoon view room, I have never been put off by the views from the standard view rooms.

If I had to choose between the view and staying club level, I would definitely choos staying club level.
when you had Standard view with club level...what were the views?

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #19
poohgirl6
I dream of Stormalong Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I may have misspoken about the YC situation. I just went back to my notes- for YC CL GV, there are 5 rooms. Two of these rooms have king beds and two have daybeds- not sure if these are separate rooms... BUT i also have quotes from two guests who had 2 Queens and a daybed in the room, and gave me different room numbers. So it sounds like there are configurations that would work for you, and in fact the odds are pretty good (2 out of 3 since you wouldn't be given a King Bed room presumably)

If you don't happen to get a room with a daybed, remember that you can request a rollaway, free of charge, for your stay.

Now at the BC, there are 9 GV CL rooms. Although one of these rooms does have a daybed, they are no longer booking this category for families of 5.

Sorry about any confusion or panic I caused. I am much more familiar with the situation at the BC.
Dee, thank you for all of your investigating on our behalf I was just curious, no panic here I'll just put daybed preferred as my request and see what happens....and it certainly won't bother me if they have to share a bed
Polynesian/Beach Club 1997
Ft. Wilderness 2000
Contemporary 2001
Dolphin/BCV 2006
BWV/AKV Jan 2010
CR/POR Sept 2012
Contemporary Sept 2013
Yacht Club/CR August/Sept 2014

The Fam
DH Me : DD28 DS24 DS17 DS15 DGS4 DGD
poohgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #20
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Well, I called today and switched us from Standard View, Club Level, to a NOT Club Level Garden View...with request to have Gazebo view...hopefully, it was the right move! I feel much better about the whole "garden view"..don't care if we don't actually see the gazebo,...our last year at the BC we actually had a view of a tree that was outside an eating area somewhere...not even sure where it was...behind the solarium maybe? Anyway...it was probably not chosen as the best view, but it was quiet, lots of grass & a big beautiful tree! so, I know any Garden view will be okay! thanks for all the comments & suggestions!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: