Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #3556
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Me reservation doesn't say free dining but my invoice that was emailed to me does and the amount reflects FD. I can't believe there's this much of an issue with FD. I think Disney will honor their mistake. It's not good business not to. Good Luck everyone who's having problems. My fingers & toes are crossed for you!!
Old 05-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #3557
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellinton View Post
My confirmation from my TA didn't show all the specifics of free dining, and since it wasn't showing up online I was panicking too. She sent me the actual Disney confirmation and it did show the free dining, and looked much different than the one she initially sent me. Ours was changed on the Visa day and we used a Disney visa, but it doesn't mention Visa free dining just says free dining.
How odd that there are so many differences on the invoices!

I wonder how many people who aren't on this board were booked with a room discount instead of free dining and don't even realize it!

Hope Carlton gets to work soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Carlton has some nerve making us wait.
I know, right?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #3558
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Apparently Carlton does not have the same sense of urgency as we do.

If they ask me how they can make this up to me, I am going to say Free Dining Pins for everyone on Dis (or at least this thread)!
I think I speak on behalf of everyone who hasn't gotten a pin yet...We love that idea.

Disney has to fix this for your family.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #3559
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Hopefully this is my last update to the update.

Carlton came through!!!! It was so blatantly obvious that it was a Disney mistake they didn't even need to involve me. He was extremely apologetic and confirmed everything my TA said (they record ALL calls on the TA line). That she had asked for FD, never mentioned RO and double checked twice to make sure I was getting the Free Dining offer.

They moved me back to Finding Nemo with Free Dining!!!

My TA also told me the only invoice she got from Disney stated "with plus dining/VISA". To me that looked like the FD offer too.

Thank you everyone for your support; it was much appreciated. So sorry I could not get you the FD pin.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #3560
KristenRB
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Carlton came through!!!! It was so blatantly obvious that it was a Disney mistake they didn't even need to involve me. He was extremely apologetic and confirmed everything my TA said (they record ALL calls on the TA line). That she had asked for FD, never mentioned RO and double checked twice to make sure I was getting the Free Dining offer.

My TA also told me the only invoice she got from Disney stated "with plus dining/VISA". To me that looked like the FD offer too.

Thank you everyone for your support; it was much appreciated. So sorry I could not get you the FD pin.
Yay!!! Congrats hope you have a great trip and enjoy your FD!!
September 29-October 5 2014

Me DBF
Old 05-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #3561
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That is wonderful news!!!!! I am so happy for you. Although free dining for every one would have been a little extra icing on the cake, I will just keep waiting for my pin code. LOL
Old 05-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #3562
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

!

Quote:

awesome! am so glad it worked out well for you - and even a little bonus as you now get to stay in nemo like you originally wanted to do. Yay, Carlton!

Disney Fan for Life
Old 05-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #3563
Mattressman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Apparently Carlton works in the pm and if the request for review is switched to anyone else, that will only delay the process more.

That said, TA reassured me again that if Disney does not come through, she will get me into AoA Finding Nemo with Free Dining.

Disney has inadvertently proven our case once again, because there are still RO discounts available for Finding Nemo. So again, why would I switch to Lion King when I was already booked at Nemo?????? Because only FD was left at Lion King?
That's great news!! I'm the spiteful type, would have asked for something for the aggravation it caused! My downfall according to my wife!
Old 05-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #3564
kcwiak
Mouseketeer

Quote:

May want to double check because depending on where you are staying, that could be a room only discount. Does that number sound right for the number of people on dining program? Before FD, our ddp was around $1400. : )
How many people and resort for you? Before FD we were at Pop and our bill was 4434.74 Then when FD came out we went to POFQ with free dining and our bill became 3464.98. Does that look right??

Sept 2013 - 10 day Family Trip
Jan 2011 - 7 day Family Trip
1990-1998 - 50+ day and/or multi day trips
Old 05-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #3565
kcwiak
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach2109 View Post

I'm still a little confused...I booked with a TA and the confirmation she sent didn't say anything about free dining. Just said Magic your way plus dining. It didn't even list out table service, quick service, etc. maybe she didn't send the whole email? How would I confirm I got free dining and not the room discount? Can I call Disney and confirm even though the TA booked it or do I have to have her check for me?
Mine was same. I also do not have list of what is included in package....where can I find that?

Old 05-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #3566
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Awesome!!! I'm so glad everything worked out for you!!! How many days do you have left until you go?
Old 05-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #3567
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattressman View Post

That's great news!! I'm the spiteful type, would have asked for something for the aggravation it caused! My downfall according to my wife!
I'm the same way..,lol my husband just lets me go because sometimes it pays off.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #3568
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwiak View Post
How many people and resort for you? Before FD we were at Pop and our bill was 4434.74 Then when FD came out we went to POFQ with free dining and our bill became 3464.98. Does that look right??
We have 4 Disney adults and 1 child for 6 nights. Your numbers look right, but given the my TA and others did not receive detailed breakdown, may want to have yours take a second look. My TA's invoice said "with plus dining/VISA" and it ended up not being FD.

v

Old 05-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #3569
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

Phew- glad that booking our package with free dining was much easier! (We live in the UK so book through Disney UK)

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015

Old 05-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #3570
kcwiak
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Okay, now you have me totally obsessed with Beach Club!!!! The pool! My kids (who am I kidding) I, would absolutely love it!!!
So funny I was just thinking the same. Hmmm how much would BC for me...I tried to price by going under FD offer but could not do online. So I can just do regular check and it would be same as FD?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: