Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2013, 03:02 AM   #241
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
245 days!!!
Your not far behind us-we leave in 28 weeks on November 30th! LOVE the anticipation!!

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #242
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
We're inching closer. Are you interested in being part of an FE group?
We haven't been involved in them since the first cruise. We ended up with so much extra stuff coming home. It was fun though, would join the group if it wasn't a large one.

I was searching all the Cozumel excursions and found the perfect one for us. It has the ruins I saw on my last trip that I'd like mom to see, a drive around the island, and some time at a beach.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cr...nd-beach-tour/

I'm sorry I completely forgot the pictures I said I'd post for you. Were you still interested or are you decided on the beach club?

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14
Pinkocto is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #243
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
Your not far behind us-we leave in 28 weeks on November 30th! LOVE the anticipation!!

We're not far behind at all. I love it too. Planning and counting down just makes the trip last that much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
We haven't been involved in them since the first cruise. We ended up with so much extra stuff coming home. It was fun though, would join the group if it wasn't a large one.
Thats my only hesitation is coming home with a bunch of stuff. It sounds like fun though. Our meet doesn't have one yet. I'm reading up and may start one.

Quote:
I was searching all the Cozumel excursions and found the perfect one for us. It has the ruins I saw on my last trip that I'd like mom to see, a drive around the island, and some time at a beach.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cr...nd-beach-tour/

That looks great. What beach club is it? The only part I don't like is the 40 minute drive. The ruins part of the tour looks great though. Joshua wants to see the ruins and that sounds fun as its a ruins/beach combo.

Quote:
I'm sorry I completely forgot the pictures I said I'd post for you. Were you still interested or are you decided on the beach club?

I'd love to see them. I was set on Nachi but now it seems like it might be too mellow for Joshua, no water toys. I can't decide. Paradise Beach looks fun too and they don't require reservations.

244 days!!!
Not too shabby for a consolation prize: a Disneyland pre-trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3200081
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #244
MEK
DIS Veteran

243 days!

Beat ya!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:05 PM   #245
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
243 days!

Beat ya!

Love it. Thank you. You saved me some key strokes.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #246
Pinkocto

Quote:

Thats my only hesitation is coming home with a bunch of stuff. It sounds like fun though. Our meet doesn't have one yet. I'm reading up and may start one.
We came back with plenty of suitcase space stealing items that's for sure. But it was really fun coming back to the room and finding gifts.

Quote:

That looks great. What beach club is it? The only part I don't like is the 40 minute drive. The ruins part of the tour looks great though. Joshua wants to see the ruins and that sounds fun as its a ruins/beach combo.
I can't imagine that the drive will take that long, it's not a big island. But if it does thats ok, it'll be nice to be there again. It doesn't say which beach club, I can only hope it's nice. All we need are some lounge chairs and the ocean and we're set. The ruins are the selling point though. I know we could take a taxi and see them ourselves, but by the time you add up the taxi, entrance to the ruins, and pay for a guide I'd rather just let Disney take care of it.

Quote:

[CENTER]I'd love to see them. I was set on Nachi but now it seems like it might be too mellow for Joshua, no water toys. I can't decide. Paradise Beach looks fun too and they don't require reservations.
I'll post a link when I get on the laptop, hopefully tomorrow.

Decisions decisions! You'll have fun no matter what you do. Paradise Beach looks like a lot of fun. I can just see myself toppling back into the water if I tried to climb a couple of the floats

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14
Old 05-21-2013, 07:17 AM   #247
rentayenta

Quote:
We came back with plenty of suitcase space stealing items that's for sure. But it was really fun coming back to the room and finding gifts.
I think that sounds like so much fun. I know Joshua would get a kick out of it. Guess we've still got some time to plan and see if anyone starts one.

Quote:
I can't imagine that the drive will take that long, it's not a big island. But if it does thats ok, it'll be nice to be there again. It doesn't say which beach club, I can only hope it's nice. All we need are some lounge chairs and the ocean and we're set. The ruins are the selling point though. I know we could take a taxi and see them ourselves, but by the time you add up the taxi, entrance to the ruins, and pay for a guide I'd rather just let Disney take care of it.

The more I read about your and Alison's excursions through Disney, the more I think booking through them is a great idea. I wouldn't want to navigate ourselves via taxi to the ruins either. Joshua does want to see them and with CC, we'll get some beach time. Hmmm....what to do?

Quote:
I'll post a link when I get on the laptop, hopefully tomorrow.

and No hurries, you know where to find me.

Quote:
Decisions decisions! You'll have fun no matter what you do. Paradise Beach looks like a lot of fun. I can just see myself toppling back into the water if I tried to climb a couple of the floats
That'd me be too. I am the most unathletic and uncoordinated person out there. I like being in the water because if I fall, it doesn't hurt.

I need to take a closer look at Paradise Beach.

Hey MEK:

242 days!!!

Old 05-21-2013, 06:01 PM   #248
Pinkocto

Quote:
I think that sounds like so much fun. I know Joshua would get a kick out of it. Guess we've still got some time to plan and see if anyone starts one.

Hopefully as our date approaches more people will join the thread. There are still so many stateroom categories available. This is exactly what happened last January, it didn't really sell until the last couple months.

Quote:

The more I read about your and Alison's excursions through Disney, the more I think booking through them is a great idea. I wouldn't want to navigate ourselves via taxi to the ruins either. Joshua does want to see them and with CC, we'll get some beach time. Hmmm....what to do?

I know it can be done but it's just so much easier to let Disney take care of it and not have the stress of having to watch the clock to make sure you're back to the boat on time.

Here's the thing with the beach though. I know it will be hot enough in Cozumel to enjoy the water, at least when I was there in February it was. CC is that much more north it might not be hot enough. At least it wasn't when we were there last January. Just something to consider.

Quote:

and No hurries, you know where to find me.

I thought I was ready but I still need to upload some more photos. I'm doing so as I write

Quote:
That'd me be too. I am the most unathletic and uncoordinated person out there. I like being in the water because if I fall, it doesn't hurt.

I need to take a closer look at Paradise Beach.

Paradise Beach looks like a lot of fun. At least you'd be laughing when falling back in!

Quote:

242 days!!!

Old 05-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #249
Pinkocto

Ok, here we go! Sorry if this is picture overkill, but I figured if I was showing you some I'd just upload them all. Not of the trip but of the ruins. My camera battery died halfway through so some are on the iphone. And there's three videos as well. The reason one is so short is because you had to pay to take videos and I thought someone was watching me so I quickly shut it off. I had a horrible cold on that trip so I sound quite nasal. I hope you enjoy!

Cozumel 2012 - Punta Sur and San Gervasio riuns

Old 05-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #250
rentayenta

Quote:
Ok, here we go! Sorry if this is picture overkill, but I figured if I was showing you some I'd just upload them all. Not of the trip but of the ruins. My camera battery died halfway through so some are on the iphone. And there's three videos as well. The reason one is so short is because you had to pay to take videos and I thought someone was watching me so I quickly shut it off. I had a horrible cold on that trip so I sound quite nasal. I hope you enjoy!

Cozumel 2012 - Punta Sur and San Gervasio riuns

Pam, your pics are fantastic! Thank you, thank you! Is that beach in Cozumel? It's beautiful. I didn't know Cozumel had beaches like that. I'm thinking they're like Cabo, kind of rocky, not great. And the ruins look very interesting. It's very nice of you to take the time to post them for me. Now I want to do both the beach and ruins. The ruins don't look strenuous either which was another concern.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:45 AM   #251
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
I just found it so much easier to go with Disney, they know where you are and won't leave if you're not back. We're going to do the ruins someday (foreshadowing)

Quote:
Hopefully as our date approaches more people will join the thread. There are still so many stateroom categories available. This is exactly what happened last January, it didn't really sell until the last couple months.
On our last cruise we had three FE groups and the third group was formed because a whole bunch of non DISers joined the DIS in the last three weeks after the FE group was closed. The person handling it was nice enough to let them all have their own group.

There is still no meet thread for my next cruise. I'm thinking of starting it, but I'm going to wait until my TR is complete before I do so.....
Alison ~~~~ I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR |It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:36 AM   #252
Pinkocto

Quote:
Pam, your pics are fantastic! Thank you, thank you! Is that beach in Cozumel? It's beautiful. I didn't know Cozumel had beaches like that. I'm thinking they're like Cabo, kind of rocky, not great. And the ruins look very interesting. It's very nice of you to take the time to post them for me. Now I want to do both the beach and ruins. The ruins don't look strenuous either which was another concern.
You're most welcome, sorry it took so long. Thank you for the compliment

That beach was absolutely magnificent! It was on the southernmost point of the island.

The ruins aren't strenuous at all, they're all on one level. The big temple on one of the videos probably won't be in any tour, we had to go and find that one on our own, it was quite far into the jungle. There are several ruins that are separated from the main buildings.

Last edited by Pinkocto; 05-22-2013 at 08:58 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #253
MEK
DIS Veteran

You know, being on the East Coast has its advantages. I am probably always up earlier than you to announce your countdown. But why should I have all the fun, I'll leave it for you today.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:55 AM   #254
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I just found it so much easier to go with Disney, they know where you are and won't leave if you're not back. We're going to do the ruins someday (foreshadowing)
How you are able to keep a secret this long is beyond me! I usually burst at the seams!

Old 05-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #255
rentayenta

Quote:
I hope so too as I think it would be fun. If it's just us, then I'll buy you a drink and you can buy me a drink.

Quote:
I know it can be done but it's just so much easier to let Disney take care of it and not have the stress of having to watch the clock to make sure you're back to the boat on time.
This is a huge benefit and I don't want to be worried the whole time or even part of the time about getting back on time.

Quote:
Here's the thing with the beach though. I know it will be hot enough in Cozumel to enjoy the water, at least when I was there in February it was. CC is that much more north it might not be hot enough. At least it wasn't when we were there last January. Just something to consider.
This is an excellent point that I did not consider. What is there to do on CC without the beach? I saw something about renting bikes.

Quote:
Paradise Beach looks like a lot of fun. At least you'd be laughing when falling back in!
True and I'll make sure Joshua doesn't get it on video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I just found it so much easier to go with Disney, they know where you are and won't leave if you're not back. We're going to do the ruins someday (foreshadowing).
SPILL!!!!!

Quote:
On our last cruise we had three FE groups and the third group was formed because a whole bunch of non DISers joined the DIS in the last three weeks after the FE group was closed. The person handling it was nice enough to let them all have their own group.

There is still no meet thread for my next cruise. I'm thinking of starting it, but I'm going to wait until my TR is complete before I do so.....
I feel you on needing to finish one before starting another. Between keeping up with your's, Pam's, mine, Cynthia's, PIO's, and MaryEllen's...I'm falling behind. Michael laughs but he doesn't get it. I've made the committment and I like to keep my commitments.

Quote:

You're most welcome, sorry it took so long. Thank you for the compliment

They're awesome. I showed Joshua and he is all excited.

Quote:
That beach was absolutely magnificent! It was on the southernmost point of the island.
The beach is stunning.

Quote:
The ruins aren't strenuous at all, they're all on one level. The big temple on one of the videos probably won't be in any tour, we had to go and find that one on our own, it was quite far into the jungle. There are several ruins that are separated from the main buildings.
That's good as I can be kind of a wimp. Jungle? Was it difficult to find?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
You know, being on the East Coast has its advantages. I am probably always up earlier than you to announce your countdown. But why should I have all the fun, I'll leave it for you today.
Do it girl!!!

Quote:
How you are able to keep a secret this long is beyond me! I usually burst at the seams!
Agreed.

Say it with me......

241 days!!!

Last edited by rentayenta; 05-22-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: