Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #1051
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

3 month dance! Woot!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 05-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #1052
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
I know I did hear the gulf is nicer.

It's so funny to hear its the boys' first trip to the beach since I've grown up on the coast. We live about 15 min from the ocean.

I even life guarded there all through college. I'm sure we can do a day trip one day.
No beaches around here. Unless you count Lake Erie!

I'm excited for them to go. I hope they enjoy it!

Quote:
I forgot to say he likes his job but, it's a lot of work right now. He's working sometimes on the weekends too ( at home at least) but still working. It should get better though.

Sounds like a lot of work. Glad he is liking it though! Hope all goes well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
3 month dance! Woot!

Thanks Kelli!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #1053
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

So much to say!!

Congrats on 3 months!!!
I know I'm late. Asking forgiveness once again.

I could not believe it when you texted me and said you could see the wedding party coming out of the pavilion! It was so cool! The wedding was so much fun. Something I know I will never get to do again and I'm so happy to have been a part of it.
I was sad that we couldn't come over and say hello to you guys but the party was all moving to the GF to the ballroom and I was afraid I'd get left behind.

Your pictures of the Poly were absolutely gorgeous. I will be so sad to see the landscape change forever with the addition of DVC right there. Good thing you got such wonderful pictures of it one last time.

And T is a great detective-- her mad spotting skillz are the best!! That certainly was me-- I don't know that I ever would have seen myself in that pic!!
Old 05-20-2013, 04:49 PM   #1054
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post

So much to say!!

Congrats on 3 months!!!
I know I'm late. Asking forgiveness once again.

I could not believe it when you texted me and said you could see the wedding party coming out of the pavilion! It was so cool! The wedding was so much fun. Something I know I will never get to do again and I'm so happy to have been a part of it.
I was sad that we couldn't come over and say hello to you guys but the party was all moving to the GF to the ballroom and I was afraid I'd get left behind.

Your pictures of the Poly were absolutely gorgeous. I will be so sad to see the landscape change forever with the addition of DVC right there. Good thing you got such wonderful pictures of it one last time.

And T is a great detective-- her mad spotting skillz are the best!! That certainly was me-- I don't know that I ever would have seen myself in that pic!!

Well hello stranger!!

I feel like between my crazy working schedule lately and all your celebrations we haven't talked in forever!! Although I realize it's really only been a few days. Hope you had a great weekend.

Thanks for the 3 months congrats!! You'll be there soon too!

Wasn't that just the best day at WDW?!! Such a perfect day. Awesome day for a wedding, that's for sure. So glad you all enjoyed yourselves.

It will be very sad to see them mess up the Poly with all the DVC additions. I'm very sad about it. I wish they would just add it to one side, if they HAVE to add it at all. But this talk of it being on both sides of the resort makes me sad. The Poly is perfect the way it is and I wish they would leave it alone!!
Old 05-20-2013, 05:19 PM   #1055
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Welllll, a few days for us not talking IS forever.
And no worries--- celebrations are over, and your work schedule will come to a close soon and we can start planning our summer WDW adventures. Even though this time it will be separate.

Forgot to tell you, the last text you sent Sat morning looked like Egyptian hieroglyphics. It was weird!! So I have no idea what you said so I'll say back to you... "Yes, thanks!!!"

It was a perfect day at WDW. I wish every day could be that perfect!

The Poly will never ever ever be the same. It's so sad. I hope that we all love it. I bet we will. Guess we'll have to keep an open mind, as hard as that is to do.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #1056
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

I forget...are you doing a PTR or just a TR when you get back? I thought you said a while back what you were doing ,but I can't remember..
And I started a ticker...I don't think I really like it! LOL!! I let the kids help pick what they liked, but they never see it and I think it may get changed on the sly!
Old 05-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #1057
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Welllll, a few days for us not talking IS forever.
And no worries--- celebrations are over, and your work schedule will come to a close soon and we can start planning our summer WDW adventures. Even though this time it will be separate.

Forgot to tell you, the last text you sent Sat morning looked like Egyptian hieroglyphics. It was weird!! So I have no idea what you said so I'll say back to you... "Yes, thanks!!!"

It was a perfect day at WDW. I wish every day could be that perfect!

The Poly will never ever ever be the same. It's so sad. I hope that we all love it. I bet we will. Guess we'll have to keep an open mind, as hard as that is to do.

I know!!

Yes, onto planning our summer vacations now!! Still so sad that it didn't work out for us to be there at the same time. Maybe next year...

That's weird about that text... Maybe it was because I inserted a smiley of some sort for Drew's bday ??? I bet that was it!

I hope we love the Poly when all is said and done too, but I just don't know... Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
I forget...are you doing a PTR or just a TR when you get back? I thought you said a while back what you were doing ,but I can't remember..
And I started a ticker...I don't think I really like it! LOL!! I let the kids help pick what they liked, but they never see it and I think it may get changed on the sly!
I don't know. Right now my focus is on getting this TR done!! It has gone on forever! I will probably do a very short PTR. As in start it in July and end it in August when we go on vaca! I'm sure I'll be writing a TR when we get back, if there is enough interest!

YAY for a new ticker!!
Old 05-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #1058
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Eventually DS11 and I headed back towards the Poly!

We walked around the back side of Samoa to see what was going on behind the construction fence. So happy we didn't get a room on that side of the building!

Same thing was going on behind Niue.

We walked around the quiet pool and along the back of Hawaii.

And then out by the beach.

Looking over at the GF DVC ~

Continued in next post....

Old 05-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #1059
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

We took a little break on this hammock.

Then we decided it was time to do a little shopping and pick up a few little things to take home, so we headed into the GCH.

Then we headed back up to the room so that I could start getting ready for dinner.

DS and I had such a nice afternoon together! And I couldn't wait to hear all about DS14's archery!

As I was getting ready he called to tell me they were on their way back. So DS11 and I ran down to Captain Cook's and picked up some dinner for them. Just as we got back to the room DH and DS14 came in! DS told me all about how much fun he had! The kids went out on the balcony and had their dinner out there, while DH got a quick shower and got ready.

Then DH and I headed out for our dinner date!

Up Next: Where were DH & I going for dinner?

Old 05-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #1060
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

You got some great pics!

I really like the close up one of DS on the hammock.

Ooh a dinner date...sounds fun!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 05-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #1061
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to find out where your dinner date was!
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

Old 05-21-2013, 05:31 PM   #1062
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You got some great pics!

I really like the close up one of DS on the hammock.

Ooh a dinner date...sounds fun!
Thanks!

We get about one date a year and it's usually at WDW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Can't wait to find out where your dinner date was!
Coming up soon!
Old 05-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #1063
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post

Thanks!

We get about one date a year and it's usually at WDW!!

Coming up soon!
You definitely need to get out alone more often!!!!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 05-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #1064
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Loved the pictures from your walk about the Poly. I am thinking maybe you had dinner at Kona's?

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #1065
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I'm going to guess somewhere at Grand Floridian. It's close and a little bit fancy.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: