Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 07:59 AM   #61
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

I am so excited for the F&W Festival this year. We travelled in summer last year so missed it and, in previous years, we have been with friends who weren't big drinkers (or eaters). This year, it's just our family and I intend to partake fully.

I agree with those who have said to avoid weekends if you don't want big crowds. The one time we went on a Saturday evening it was absolutely heaving - wall to wall people and you couldn't even get near the booths.
wilma-bride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #62
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMe View Post
A lot of the fun on weekends is watching the crowds. As long as I can get an occasional drink and snack I'm fine with it. Talking with people in line is fun too.
Also, in the past it seems like more events are on the weekends (Tequila lunches, party for the sense, etc.) so if those are important to you, you might need to include at least one weekend

We are planning on going Saturday October 12th but then also making times a few afternoons during the week to hit more of the booths

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #63
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

A lot of the events are on weekends, and they also trot out the celebrity chefs for the weekends. So if you want an event or to see a celebrity or a particular ETTB band, you may have to go in on a weekend. But just for grazing at the booths, if you can swing it, go Monday-Thursday.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #64
Harlemgirl720
DIS Veteran

I went last year in October solo. I had a fab time. Did a couple of seminars and Party for the senses. Going again this year with a GF from 11/7-11. Yeah the last weekend. May try to get a seminar or two if any are available. Hope the Tequila Lunch is open then, if not, just head over to Mexico for a couple of Tequila Flights.

Harlemgirl720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:00 PM   #65
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
What do you all think about going on Thursday, Sept. 26, the day before the official opening? Will everything, i.e. booths and the pavilion, be open on that day?
yes and no.

The booths were open last year but they opened late and closed at 8. Not sure about the Festival center.

No tastings, wine demos etc. that day.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #66
deadheadmamma4
Mouseketeer

I had no clue that the fw was going on our first time to Disney we were so coughs up with going to mnsshp that night at mk Epcot was our day plans but we will have been there beginning of week it's opening day sept 27 will the place be crazy we are not really going for the food or wine.
deadheadmamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #67
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
opening day sept 27 will the place be crazy we are not really going for the food or wine.
In the evening, yes, the World Showcase will be crazy.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #68
Li Li
Mouseketeer

Historically, how bad is Columbus Day weekend? That's when we will be in Disney. We are trying to figure out best day to go; we've never done F&W. Would the experts out there go Saturday or Sunday of Columbus Day weekend?
(I know I'm in for crowds no matter what!)
Li Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:02 AM   #69
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
What do you all think about going on Thursday, Sept. 26, the day before the official opening? Will everything, i.e. booths and the pavilion, be open on that day?
I've heard they have limited soft opening but not consistently.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #70
Ellielovesdisney
Mouseketeer

party for the senses tickets

Ok...this is a bit premature...but I like to plan. We have never been to PFTS and would really like to go...but have had trouble getting tickets in the past. We are lucky enough to be staying club level this trip. Can the itinerary planners get these tickets for us...or are we better off trying on our own? Anyone with experience with this? thanks - Holly
Old 05-22-2013, 06:14 PM   #71
deadheadmamma4
Mouseketeer

So day time should. Be ok we are out of there around 3
deadheadmamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #72
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellielovesdisney View Post
Ok...this is a bit premature...but I like to plan. We have never been to PFTS and would really like to go...but have had trouble getting tickets in the past. We are lucky enough to be staying club level this trip. Can the itinerary planners get these tickets for us...or are we better off trying on our own? Anyone with experience with this? thanks - Holly
The IPO has assisted me in the past with these sorts of tickets. Call or email your IPO for more information.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #73
ryansstitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom21 View Post

Yes, she's always been a trial for me. I just tell myself 1 more year and she is off to colllege. I'm sure I'll even miss her "meaness" just a tiny bit as I will be all alone.Honestly, I don't go anywhere by myself though, so I'm not even sure if I will do this. I would like to. I plan to stay at either BW or BC. Maybe I'll even check into prices of Swan or Dolphin.

Thanks everyone for the info. If you've gone at a particular time and it wasn't crowded at all, please let me know.
My husband and I are doing swan and dolphin package during their f&w classic for 3 nights. It's WAY cheaper than BW or BC and the location is still great. Our total for 3 nights with tax was just over $600, including 2 passes to the classic event. We also had AAA discount. I don't mind paying for parking if it saves me a couple hundred bucks!

ryansstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:18 PM   #74
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

We will be at Disney Oct 13-20. This will be our first F&W Festival and we're very excited about it! Any tips on how to best navigate it and what special events should we try to do? Thanks!
bellepearle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:18 PM   #75
cdtommie
Beerman, DVC BWV/BCV/VWL/BLT, no steak, slushies or nuggets for you!

Was at Narcoossees's about a week and a half ago and was talking to one of the managers about the new very impressive beer list (three of the managers now have cicerone certification) - they will be having a beer pairing event during F&W (most likely a lunch)...was just approved that week.

Lot's of Belgian's on the list and some craft american brews such as Bear Republic. Prices were reasonable for disney standards...had a Petrus Oud Bruin for only 7.25 a bottle...St Bernardus ABT 12 (one of my favorites) for 9.50.
cdtommie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: