Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2013, 01:52 AM   #167
PirateSnowmen
Bazinga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Ahh, that will be so exciting to finally get to see New Fantasyland. How fun that your friend is going to come visit you. You may have mentioned this already, but when do you start your CP?

Thank you! The Beach Club is great too...we stayed at the villas in 2008. That was fun because it was in December so all of the Christmas decorations were up and because you're so close to the Yacht Club and Boardwalk we could check out those too. The decorations are the main reason why I want to go after Christmas this year! I just love them!

If you ever get the chance to stay at BLT you should definitely do it!
I start my CP August 19! I wanted to do Fall Advantage (starts in May/June), but I'm doing study abroad through my university for the month of June, so the Fall CP was my only option. I was bummed that I wouldn't get an extra 3 months in Disney, but studying abroad is totally worth it

I agree, I also love the Christmas decorations! I've only seen them twice, but since we took those two trips in January, I only got to see the tail end of the decorations and I never got to see the castle or osborne lights. Another reason why I'm excited for my CP!

Your last few updates have also inspired me to spend more time at AK! It really is a gorgeous park, but I never slow down and enjoy it. Slowing down and enjoying AK is now on my list of things to do
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2013, 06:27 AM   #168
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

I'm jealous you got to see Lily. On our visit the gorillas were all hiding and we were so disappointed.

Great pics around AK. It's such a beautiful park.

Wishes from the room is a perfect ending to the day
Old 05-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #169
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
So do you think you'll use that pin for free dining and take a fall trip?
I don't know yet. The one thing I hated this last trip, was making sure we were constantly eating, so we used those credits. It was just too much food. I can live on a banana and a English muffin, and maybe eat one more meal for the day. I asked my dd if she wanted to go with me, and she can onlly get off for a long weekend. You have to book at least 5 days/nights. So we would have to leave on a Tuesday nite and come back Sunday. Then she said, we should just save for DisneyLand.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #170
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

WOW, DIS folk are always lookin' after each other. I love it.

Haha, the absolute BEST thing about Tough to be Bug is watching everyone else. So much joy!

And don't get me started on Everest... I love it so much!!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 10:16 PM   #171
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

That's great someone sent you the 15th button!

What a great day at AK y'all seemed to have. Too bad you didn't get to ride Everest in the dark, but I guess dusk is better than nothing, right?! Cute pics of the three of y'all as well.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 05-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #172
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Awesome that you got the 15th anniversary stuff sent to you!

I used to get nervous before getting on Dinosaur, for the longest time. And then one day, poof. It was gone. I kind of miss it honestly.

Truthfully, the main reason that I see It's Tough to Be a Bug is just to hear other people's reactions. I get such a kick out of it.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #173
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Honestly, Dinosaur does scare me! I'll ride it if I have to, but I usually skip it!

Asia is so pretty all lit up! I wish they'd keep the park open until dark every night! I mean, maybe they could close the safari early, but most people will never get to see it in the dark! Ya know?
Old 05-18-2013, 10:26 PM   #174
peachmermaid
Mouseketeer

That is so sweet that you got the anniversary stuff from AK! I have rode dinosaur once, during my first trip back in 12 years, and it scared the heck out of me! The picture is of me shielding my eyes, even though my face was buried in my now husband's arm. My brother rode it once and it stopped right by the T. rex. It roared randomly and even scared him. I'd go on it again but I am a chicken. can I just ride the safari all day? I love those gorilla shots. I can't wait to explore the park like I never have before!
Old 05-19-2013, 01:15 AM   #175
WisconsinDad
Mouseketeer

Hey.. fellow Wisconsinite and Brewer fan subbing (great win by the Brewers over the Cards tonight huh?).

Taking the family to CR Garden Wing this Aug. Keep the pics coming!
Old 05-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #176
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I just love Everest !! It is my favorite coaster at Disney !! I have heard it was awesome to ride at night, but I have never had the chance.

How nice of Mark to send you the 15th anniversary AK stuff. Dissers are the BEST !!!
Me too! I wish I would've been able to wait, but when you're up at 6 am for early opening it makes for kind of a long day. Oh well. Hopefully I'll get another chance sometime.

Yes they are! I was so happy when he said he would give me one of the maps/buttons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateSnowmen View Post
I start my CP August 19! I wanted to do Fall Advantage (starts in May/June), but I'm doing study abroad through my university for the month of June, so the Fall CP was my only option. I was bummed that I wouldn't get an extra 3 months in Disney, but studying abroad is totally worth it

I agree, I also love the Christmas decorations! I've only seen them twice, but since we took those two trips in January, I only got to see the tail end of the decorations and I never got to see the castle or osborne lights. Another reason why I'm excited for my CP!

Your last few updates have also inspired me to spend more time at AK! It really is a gorgeous park, but I never slow down and enjoy it. Slowing down and enjoying AK is now on my list of things to do
Wow, sounds like you a have a busy few months coming up! I agree, more time in Disney would be nice but studying abroad sounds like a great opportunity as well. Plus, you can always go back for another CP like my sister did if you end up loving it!

It is going to be so nice for you to have those few months to slow down and explore parts of Disney you haven't seen before. Ahh I'm so jealous! I always say it must be so nice to just be like, OK, I'm going to go to this park today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
I'm jealous you got to see Lily. On our visit the gorillas were all hiding and we were so disappointed.

Great pics around AK. It's such a beautiful park.

Wishes from the room is a perfect ending to the day
Aww, that is a bummer!

Thank you...it really is a great park. Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
I don't know yet. The one thing I hated this last trip, was making sure we were constantly eating, so we used those credits. It was just too much food. I can live on a banana and a English muffin, and maybe eat one more meal for the day. I asked my dd if she wanted to go with me, and she can onlly get off for a long weekend. You have to book at least 5 days/nights. So we would have to leave on a Tuesday nite and come back Sunday. Then she said, we should just save for DisneyLand.
That is why we never bother with a dining plan. We would have so many credits to use because we always end up splitting stuff anyway. We don't need to eat tons and tons. Disneyland would be awesome! I really want to go there again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
WOW, DIS folk are always lookin' after each other. I love it.

Haha, the absolute BEST thing about Tough to be Bug is watching everyone else. So much joy!

And don't get me started on Everest... I love it so much!!!!
Me too.

I know! When you've been to WDW so many times people watching is part of the fun! But I think my all-time favorite attraction for people's reactions is Soarin.

Expedition Everest is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
That's great someone sent you the 15th button!

What a great day at AK y'all seemed to have. Too bad you didn't get to ride Everest in the dark, but I guess dusk is better than nothing, right?! Cute pics of the three of y'all as well.
I was so excited to get the anniversary stuff!

It was a bummer but yes, any ride on EE is ok in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Awesome that you got the 15th anniversary stuff sent to you!

I used to get nervous before getting on Dinosaur, for the longest time. And then one day, poof. It was gone. I kind of miss it honestly.

Truthfully, the main reason that I see It's Tough to Be a Bug is just to hear other people's reactions. I get such a kick out of it.
It was awesome! I love the map and button!

Aww, that stinks about your nervousness disappearing. It does sort of add to the fun.

Seeing how other people react on the attractions is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Honestly, Dinosaur does scare me! I'll ride it if I have to, but I usually skip it!

Asia is so pretty all lit up! I wish they'd keep the park open until dark every night! I mean, maybe they could close the safari early, but most people will never get to see it in the dark! Ya know?
haha, oh, come on, Dinosaur is scary but it is still fun! Though I have to admit, it's one of the few attractions that riding once per trip is enough for me. I guess I don't like getting scared that much...

It would be nice if they could keep it open later! I definitely wouldn't complain about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachmermaid View Post
That is so sweet that you got the anniversary stuff from AK! I have rode dinosaur once, during my first trip back in 12 years, and it scared the heck out of me! The picture is of me shielding my eyes, even though my face was buried in my now husband's arm. My brother rode it once and it stopped right by the T. rex. It roared randomly and even scared him. I'd go on it again but I am a chicken. can I just ride the safari all day? I love those gorilla shots. I can't wait to explore the park like I never have before!
haha, I'm pretty sure that's how I looked on our first ride photo because after we saw one dinosaur I ducked and had my eyes closed for the rest of the ride! That T-Rex is soooo scary! I always say I'm not going to scream/close my eyes but that's the one part that always seems to get me even when I know what's coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinDad View Post
Hey.. fellow Wisconsinite and Brewer fan subbing (great win by the Brewers over the Cards tonight huh?).

Taking the family to CR Garden Wing this Aug. Keep the pics coming!
Hello! Nice to hear from another Wisconsinite/Brewer fan! It was a nice win the other day-though it seems any win is a good win these days.

That's awesome you'll be going to the Contemporary this summer! I have lots of pictures so stay tuned!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 05-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #177
jdd
DIS Veteran

Just stumbled on your report, and loving it so far

Wow, you guys got a lot done in one day - especially at such a crowded time of the year I've always shied away from going over spring break, but maybe I'll rethink that in the future...

Can't wait to hear more
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-CBR, Aug2015-PolyCL
Old 05-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #178
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdd View Post
Just stumbled on your report, and loving it so far

Wow, you guys got a lot done in one day - especially at such a crowded time of the year I've always shied away from going over spring break, but maybe I'll rethink that in the future...

Can't wait to hear more
Welcome! Thank you for joining in.

Yeah, spring break is crowded but it's really not as bad as some people think. Although maybe because we've taken so many trips during peak seasons we just have a higher tolerance for crowds. As long as you get to the parks early it is pretty easy to do everything you want! The other nice thing about going to spring break is the Flower and Garden Festival! I have not gotten to the Epcot parts of our trip but it's so fun to see the park transformed with all of the flowers and topiaries!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 05-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #179
wdwgirl03

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 3, 2013

For our second full day, we were planning on going to Hollywood Studios in the morning (it seems that visiting DHS on our second morning has become tradition, like visiting the MK on our first day!). Emma had to work that day, but she was planning on meeting us at the park for a couple of hours before her shift. I think I got up around 7:30 or so...there weren't any extra magic hours that morning so it was nice to be able to "sleep in."

On a previous trip when Dad went to DHS he said that they opened the park a little early, which helps cut down on the chaos that is the Toy Story Mania dash so he wanted to be at the park by 8:30. So we headed out to the bus stop. It was another beautiful morning! We had to enjoy it while it lasted because there was a chance of rain that day.

It was fun watching the monorails glide over the bus stop.

I like to think we usually have pretty good luck with the buses on our trips and very rarely do we have to wait more than 15 minutes. Well, unfortunately we didn't have very good luck with the buses that morning. As we were walking outside, Dad saw a bus and asked if it was the DHS one. Of course it was, so we ended up just missing it. Now, they say the buses come every 20 or 30 minutes but it never seems like it's actually that long (atleast in my opinion-or maybe the time just goes faster because I'm excited? I have no idea). It gets to be 10, 15 minutes after the first bus left and there was still no sign of another one to Hollywood Studios. The longer we waited, the more people there were waiting for the same bus. It was not looking good for making it to the park by 8:30. Eventually, after about half an hour, the bus finally showed up and we were on our way. I kept texting Emma to let her know where we were and asked her if she was on her way.

When we got to DHS, they were already letting people into the park, so Dad's theory that they would be opening early was right.

Good morning, Sorcerer Hat!

Not surprisingly our first stop Toy Story Mania. They had this billboard for Monsters University up on one of the buildings. Who else is excited for this movie?! I think it looks like it'll be pretty funny.

Because Emma was still on her way to the park, we ended up getting fastpasses and doing standby for Toy Story Mania. We told her to just meet us down by the ride when she got there.

The standby line was a little bit longer but I don't think we waited more than 15 minutes.

It was somewhat annoying because it seemed like everyone in front of us was stopping to get their picture taken by Mr. Potato Head. It's like as soon as one person does it, everyone else had to go ahead and follow. I was so tempted to just walk past everyone but because I'm nice I didn't. I did think it was funny when Mr. Potato Head said, "Keep on moving" or whatever. How fitting.

While we were in line I couldn't help but think back to our trip from last year when we had an unexpected DIS meet with Rachel (RachelNinja) and her husband Howard (HowWeird). Part of me was hoping it would happen again except Rachel and Howard weren't there for spring break this year. Boo! So Rachel, if you're reading this, I was thinking about you guys!

Anyway...

As usual, Dad and I both had fun on the ride. But Dad beat me, which is also pretty typical. I really don't know what my problem is. But maybe, just maybe, I may have gotten some revenge at some point during this trip...

After the ride, we went back outside to meet up with Emma. From there we headed over to Sunset Boulevard to ride Tower of Terror and Rock 'n Roller Coaster.

Or atleast attempt to ride them both. Like I said, there were no extra magic hours that morning. When we do go to EMH at the Studios we're usually able to get through TSM, TOT, and RNRC before the park opens for everyone else. But because the park opened for everyone at the same time that day, the lines were a lot longer than they usually are. At Tower of Terror the line was already outside. Atleast I was able to play around some more with my camera settings!

Eventually we made it into the boiler room and were ready for our visit to the Twilight Zone.

It's amazing how much this ride has grown on me over the years. It is so well-themed and so much fun. And I love the anticipation before the elevator drops.

After Tower of Terror, we walked over to Rock 'n Roller Coaster, hoping to do single riders. Buuuut...because the standby line was already over an hour the single rider line wasn't even operating. So unfortunately RNRC was going to have to wait for another day. Instead, we ended up going to Starring Rolls because Emma hadn't had anything to eat for breakfast, and I was already a little bit hungry. So yeah, I might've had this as my second breakfast:

YUMMY BUTTERFINGER CUPCAKE!

up next: Character meet and greets!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Old 05-22-2013, 08:45 AM   #180
MEK
DIS Veteran

I finally got a chance to ride EE in the dark in December 2011. My DH, son, and I literally stayed in the park ALL day so we could ride. And you know what? It wasn't as great as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong - I love EE! I was just expecting the dark to make it a lot cooler, but it didn't. Probably because so much of the ride is already inside. Doh!

Cute PP pictures at AK.

When I stayed at BLT I just missed an HS bus and waited 45-50 minutes for the next one. So annoying.

Glad you got to ride ToT. Bummer that RnR was such a long line.

Yummy cupcake for breakfast.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: