Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #391
katt789
DIS Veteran

I Finally Get my Cinnamon Bun!

Uggffffhhh Best Friends, finally reunited, on Main Street, in the Magic Kingdom. And let me just tell you, Dream Along With Mickey was going on as we walked down Main Street, and it really doesn’t get any more magical than that. Also, I’ll go on a mini Paige rant right now, she is absolutely amazing. When I invited her on this trip (and many before) I just knew she was a huge Disney nut, and would probably love to go, I’ll admit we didn’t really know each other a whole lot. She was underage when she started working with me so she never came out, and then switched jobs after. I learnt on this trip that she is quite possibly the most amazing friend I could have, she seriously is my heart song, and I looooove her!!

I’m seriously dying while I’m typing this up (at work) like, legit started tearing up earlier, it makes my life that much more awesome! Since the parade was just about to start, we decided to take a seat and wait for it to make its way over to Main Street, and since it was about time for a snack, I knew what I could finally have, and our next stop was the Bakery! Geeze, everything’s so huge in there, I mean, look at those sandwiches!

And here she is, in all her glory:

YUM! I had been absolutely dying to try one of these since forever, but kept forgetting, or wasn’t in the mood for something that sweet when we were in Magic Kingdom, or was traveling solo (and I definitely couldn’t eat that entire thing!) so now, it was time! I’m a huge cinnamon bun nut, we’d always get them from Cinnzenzio at the mall, and they’re just so amazingly awesome, so I was excited! We grabbed a spot not that far out front of the door of the Bakery and all three of us dug into it!

I didn’t do a review on this, apparently I kinda stopped here, and for the rest of the trip we really ate counter service, but I’ll do my best to review them as they come up, so…here ya go!

Main Street Bakery Dining Review
-3/5
-It’s really small & crowded
-It takes a long time even if you just want a snack
-Due to other customers, it gets confusing, people yell at you, and if I remember correctly, we had a run in with a snarky CM, who even the not so nice lady beside us was all “wow, calm down” to.
-The cinnamon bun itself was delicious, not as fantastic as I thought it would be though

We were just sitting, people watching, and hanging out on Main Street, the Dapper Dans were playing a bit down so we were listening to them, and then Paige spotted her:

A KID DRESSED IN THE MOVE IT SHAKE IT OUTFIT!! I AM DYING!! I saw a girl (I think her name is Ella) who has like, a million outfits like this, and the Trolley Show girls, and stuff like that, and I would seriously die if I had those costumes at that age. If I had the money to go to all the MNSSHP, I would spend one as a Move It Shake It, and like, all the other parades..UGH.

Shortly after sitting in the sun, Mom moved across the street to be in the shade of the buildings over there, and managed to get some awesome pics of the Dapper Dans from over there!

Also, for those of you who have seen the Modern Family Disneyland episode, when Claire’s all “Your hot boyfriend’s a Dapper Dan” all mocking like, I’m all “I’D DIE” like seriously, it’d be awesome (if he was under the age of 40….) Mom was enjoying the shade, and since it was prime Florida heat, Paige had decided to move across too, and I did eventually join them. But as I sat there, and it was crowded and ucky, and our space was still open on the other side of the road, I moved back over, and Paige did come with me right before the parade started!

Of course the Philharmonic came down to start off the parade a few minutes early. I definitely like that they have some entertainment going before the parade actually starts to keep everyone going!

Cute!! The start of a grand adventure, let me tell you!

Instagram:Katt789
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #392
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Yay for princesses with a short wait!

As far as reviewing the friends of characters, my opinion is that you're giving your honest experience of what happened. I mean, in trip reports we review food, rides, CMs, even ourselves and our families and it's not always going to be positive. On the other hand, I don't think straight-up bashing is ok but that's not what you're doing! That's how I see it anyway.

I LOVE the photopass pictures of you and Paige hugging! So so cute.

That cinnamon roll looks delicious! I would love to have one right now!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2013, 08:59 AM   #393
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great pics!
Old 05-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #394
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Wow 10 minutes for the princesses. That's crazy!

Photopass of your mom... OMG, too funny. Not the picture itself but that it exists. I needed to clarify that.

I look at it this way... for the great character interactions, that IS [insert character name here]. The bad ones are just people playing dress up while the real one rests.

So nice you had that moment with Paige. So sweet.

Aww the little girl in the Move It Shake It outfit. Too cute. All I ever see are girls wearing the highly inappropriate Jasmine outfits. Not that the Jasmine outfit is bad in general, but these ones I see just aren't right.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #395
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
Yay for princesses with a short wait!

As far as reviewing the friends of characters, my opinion is that you're giving your honest experience of what happened. I mean, in trip reports we review food, rides, CMs, even ourselves and our families and it's not always going to be positive. On the other hand, I don't think straight-up bashing is ok but that's not what you're doing! That's how I see it anyway.

I LOVE the photopass pictures of you and Paige hugging! So so cute.

That cinnamon roll looks delicious! I would love to have one right now!
It was great! I was surprised it was that low! Maybe they had like, all three rooms going and didn't really need it? This is true, I will never straight up bash a character, I've seen some pretty rude stuff go around on the boards/tumblr and do not approve. I do think that telling what happened is a little different, and hey, I'm saying the experience was bad, not her looks or something, so if she was to catch a glimpse of it, maybe she'd think to herself "maybe I need to up my game?" who knows. Lol.

I need to have another one in Sept, I have decided!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great pics!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Wow 10 minutes for the princesses. That's crazy!

Photopass of your mom... OMG, too funny. Not the picture itself but that it exists. I needed to clarify that.

I look at it this way... for the great character interactions, that IS [insert character name here]. The bad ones are just people playing dress up while the real one rests.

So nice you had that moment with Paige. So sweet.

Aww the little girl in the Move It Shake It outfit. Too cute. All I ever see are girls wearing the highly inappropriate Jasmine outfits. Not that the Jasmine outfit is bad in general, but these ones I see just aren't right.
Bahah, the picture was hilarious!

Truth! I guess it works like that lol.

Ahahaha, I don't notice a whole lot of Jasmine outfits in the parks, but I am very glad that they made the kids costume to cover most of the torso rather than just be a bra top like the actual outfit, that would just be MAJOR trouble

Old 05-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #396
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I think I'm all caught up now! I missed a few updates because I had to go to a conference for work. Nothing like sitting and listening to a guy talk about his personal life rather than teaching the subject he was supposed to!

You tour World Showcase like I do, very fast! If it wasn't for the food & drink, the few rides and the Japan store I'm not sure if I would bother. Just not my cup of tea I guess! I am looking forward to Food & Wine in October though.

The FP pictures you got at Epcot are really nice. I've seen the close up thing but haven't had it done for me yet. Granted my last trip was solo so all the pictures were just of me!

The MK is so pretty with all the fall decorations! Another thing I'm looking forward to seeing in October.

What a bummer you had some awkward princesses. O course I'm always awkward in Meet and Greets so I can't say anything.

There is nothing better than friends who share your love of Disney! Glad you found that with Paige.

I've never gotten anything at the Main Street Bakery. Every time I go in there the line is so long and I end up leaving without getting anything.

I've got to get caught up on some other TRs then I'll hope over and join in on your new PTR.
Pluto0809 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:03 PM   #397
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I think I'm all caught up now! I missed a few updates because I had to go to a conference for work. Nothing like sitting and listening to a guy talk about his personal life rather than teaching the subject he was supposed to!

You tour World Showcase like I do, very fast! If it wasn't for the food & drink, the few rides and the Japan store I'm not sure if I would bother. Just not my cup of tea I guess! I am looking forward to Food & Wine in October though.

The FP pictures you got at Epcot are really nice. I've seen the close up thing but haven't had it done for me yet. Granted my last trip was solo so all the pictures were just of me!

The MK is so pretty with all the fall decorations! Another thing I'm looking forward to seeing in October.

What a bummer you had some awkward princesses. O course I'm always awkward in Meet and Greets so I can't say anything.

There is nothing better than friends who share your love of Disney! Glad you found that with Paige.

I've never gotten anything at the Main Street Bakery. Every time I go in there the line is so long and I end up leaving without getting anything.

I've got to get caught up on some other TRs then I'll hope over and join in on your new PTR.

Boourns! That doesn't sound like too much fun, so glad my job is awesome haha, although boring, that's what the disboard app is for!

I REALLY want to be there for food and wine, I mean, sometimes I really like touring WS, but when I'm there that often I just don't feel the need to go into every pavillion and look at all the things I can't afford to buy.

LOVE MK in fall! Especially halloween, durp, my favsies!

I do hate the lines at the bakery, and putting starbucks in there is just going to increase the waiting times, hopefully the sandwiches are somewhere else!

Old 05-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #398
katt789
DIS Veteran

Close Your Eyes and Realize

With the parade all set and ready to start, Paige, Mom and I all had our cameras at the ready. Now, for those of you who just use your own pictures, or travel with you, Hubby, and kids, there’s usually only 1, maybe 2 cameras. I’m used to using just my own, but for this crossover day, I had to go through and organize 3 cameras, AND photopass. Most of it was fine, but when it got to stuff like shows and parades and trying to get it all in ORDER, it was crazy.

And there’s another reason I’ll forever love watching the parade on Main Street, you get the castle as a back drop! I think yes!

DUCK! WHY ARE YOU SO CUUUUTTEEE

Chip and Dale are super cute, and I absolutely adore that they will play around with each other during things like parades!

I would also totally dress up as one of these dancers for a Halloween party too, it’d be awesome!! (Especially if there were more than one of you)

I love that they’ve been using this float for like, freaking ever (and the Princess one, even in the Christmas parade) it makes me laugh.

It’s funny that you can kinda tell who’s photos are who, Moms are from the opposite angle, and mine are all the super zoomed in ones. Baha! Mom also got a nice picture of Paige and I enjoying it all!

So much love and happiness and magic for Disney!

Old 05-25-2013, 10:58 AM   #399
katt789
DIS Veteran

Birds of a Feather

Paige made the observation that Jasmine wasnt actually in this parade, which I had never noticed before! Its true! Shes nowhere in the parade, but Aladdin gets his own float, and Genie, Abu, and Jafar are all out, Paige really appreciated it, because Jasmine gets so much of the attention even though the movie is CALLED Aladdin. Fact.

Also, if you look closely on this float (couldnt tell ya which one, but its the one Mary Poppins and Bert are on the back of) you can see a little Bernard & Bianca from the Rescuers!! YAAY THEY GET SOME KIND OF RECOGNITION!

Can we also take a huge look at how awesome the Alice/Peter float is, its amazing, its so detailed and pretty!

The Tremaines were really up into the left side of the street, which sucked for us, but Mom managed to get some great pictures!

And then of course, comes Cinderellas big float, shes so pretty in her parade dress!! (and I love the new hair that she now has, but not in Sept)

And here comes the rest of the royalty!! If Im ever in MK and watching the parade, this is always the moment of truth of whether Im going to get to see my favorite friend that day or not, as whichever Naveen is hanging out in the parade is going to be out for the rest of the evening, bahah!

Old 05-25-2013, 11:00 AM   #400
katt789
DIS Veteran

Continued

Belle’s dress is so much prettier in the parade! Love it! I also REALLY think that most of the dresses should just have thick layers of crinoline under them to make them poof. I saw a picture of Cindy in a parade over seas with no hoop, just crinoline, and it looks amazing, and Belle’s dress especially should have that as the skirt flows so much in the movie, but when you meet her it’s super stiff and gross. Also, Belle’s dress in Once Upon A Time, UGH, love!

Ariel’s dress though, like, where did that even come from!?

And no such luck for Naveen and I today, but oh well, I know he’ll be back out during the rest of the trip, and we would definitely be back to Magic Kingdom!! With the parade done for the day, Mom, Paige and I regrouped through the crowds of Main Street, and decided we’d head over into the left side of the park first, stopping to pick up a fast pass for Splash, and then head into Pirates of the Caribbean. The wait obviously wasn’t long, and we all enjoyed the ride! When we were done, as we exited the ride and were going through the gift shop we noticed that it was raining, and I mean raining, hard, ugh. Gross. This was the start of a not so awesome trend we would notice this upcoming week.

With it being so wet, we headed to the next covered attraction in Adventureland, and that was The Enchanted Tiki Room! I had never been into this, and had actually wanted to get to it on this trip, and hey, it was a break from the rain, right!

It was going to prove to be interesting, as I had no clue what I was expecting, and am actually quite scared of birds, bahah!

My thoughts: definitely not scary! Ahahha! It was definitely an old school attraction, and you could definitely hear the animatronics moving at many points, but hey, it’s old, you gotta cut it some slack! It was cute, the music was cute, we really liked the “hi ho, hi ho, it’s out the door you go” song at the end, but that was it.

Old 05-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #401
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

OMG I love that the pics cover both sides of the street. You're actually IN the parade pictures.

Sign of things to come maybe...
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #402
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
OMG I love that the pics cover both sides of the street. You're actually IN the parade pictures.

Sign of things to come maybe...
Haha its awesome!!

Ahahahah, hopefully!! God i hope so!!

Old 05-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #403
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Somehow I had missed these last updates. Great parade pictures.

I think the Tiki Room is cute, but nothing more. Like, I'm glad I saw it, but I doubt I will see it again any time soon. Unless, like you, I need a break from the rain (or crowds).
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:41 AM   #404
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

You aren't kidding that the parade vehicles have been around for a while. Check out this photo I took in 1998 on my honeymoon.

Looks pretty familiar, huh?

I love all the pictures you got of the parade, especially the ones of Pluto!

Glad you got to experience the Tiki Room! I love it mainly because it reminds me of my childhood. Yes, it is a bit outdated but at least I get to feel 5 years old again!
Pluto0809 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:01 AM   #405
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Katt you have like a dozen TRs right?? I finally started reading this one and oh my gosh.... what a rough start with the plane situation. I LOVE AKL - awesomeness! What a great gift to give your mom! Speaking as a mom, that would be the ultiamate gift from one of my kids! (Time with them AND WDW... doens't get any better than that.)
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: