Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #31
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislover415 View Post
Looks exciting!

Ill be reading along
Thank you!

Thank you for joining us!

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 05-22-2013, 11:33 PM   #32
kmd1974
Earning My Ears

Location: Way Down South & 660 miles from Disney Houma,Louisiana

YAH another trip report!!! I can't wait to hear about all y'all adventures! Welcome to Louisiana! You need to come way down South to hear the difference in talking and the hospitality! Different from North Louisiana. I'm glad you are feeling better or at least you look like you feel better in the picture. Congratulations on the Graduation!

Fort Wilderness Campground: Nov. 1991
Port of Orleans Riverside: Aug. 2009
Caribbean Beach Resort: May 2010
Coronado Springs Resort: May 2012
Coronado Springs Resort: Feb 2013
Port of Orleans Riverside: March 2014
Caribbean Beach resort May/June 2015

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2013, 06:29 AM   #33
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmd1974 View Post
YAH another trip report!!! I can't wait to hear about all y'all adventures! Welcome to Louisiana! You need to come way down South to hear the difference in talking and the hospitality! Different from North Louisiana. I'm glad you are feeling better or at least you look like you feel better in the picture. Congratulations on the Graduation!

I am definitely finding North Louisiana to be a lot different from what I am used to as it is

Thank you I am feeling much better!

Thank you!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 05-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #34
MEK
DIS Veteran

Hello Ladies!

Dawn - I have a feeling you are gearing up for an update! I'm waiting patiently!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-23-2013, 08:35 AM   #35
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Hello Ladies!

Dawn - I have a feeling you are gearing up for an update! I'm waiting patiently!
Hi Mary Ellen

Actually I was going to let Caitlin start since our trip began with the "May the 4th" celebration at DHS and she was super excited about it. So Caitlin...Mary Ellen is waiting

Old 05-23-2013, 09:47 AM   #36
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Hi Mary Ellen

Actually I was going to let Caitlin start since our trip began with the "May the 4th" celebration at DHS and she was super excited about it. So Caitlin...Mary Ellen is waiting

Yes Caitlin! I'm waiting! To heck with the fact that you just moved to a new city and into a new house where you redecorated everything.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #37
POLY1985
DIS Veteran

Hi Caitlin and Dawn!

I have been anxiously waiting for this TR since I saw the great pics on Facebook! Can't wait to hear all the stories. I loved Star Wars weekend last year.

2014 Old Key West 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas
2012 Wilderness Lodge
BELLE & THE 3 BEASTS JUNE 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post45239041
2007 Wilderness Lodge
August 2007 Dining Review http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1556109

2003 Wilderness Lodge
2000 All Star Movies 1998 Fort Wilderness Cabins
1993 Caribbean Beach 1985 Polynesian - Honeymoon1976/1979 Fort Wilderness campground
Old 05-24-2013, 03:37 PM   #38
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Yes Caitlin! I'm waiting! To heck with the fact that you just moved to a new city and into a new house where you redecorated everything.
Ask so kindly and ye shall receive MEK

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLY1985 View Post
Hi Caitlin and Dawn!

I have been anxiously waiting for this TR since I saw the great pics on Facebook! Can't wait to hear all the stories. I loved Star Wars weekend last year.

Thank you for joining us!

Star Wars coming up!

Old 05-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #39
bkool2323
Earning My Ears

Smile

works over, let's get this party started !
Old 05-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #40
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Sorry it took me so long to get around to an update I have been busy putting my life together here and I am very happy! Finally being with my husband has been pretty great! You all aren't here to listen to my life updates so let's get to the good stuff DISNEY!!!!!

We awoke pretty early on our travel day, Mom doesn't usually sleep well and I wanted to get to the gym one last time. Yes this means I went at like 5 in the morning but don't judge After I got back to the house we packed up and headed out. This was a sad goodbye because I had to say goodbye to all of my puppies until Christmas It was also the last time I would see Dad in Michigan until Christmas It was rough but we made it through and made it through security in no time.

The flight was uneventful as most flights usually are. We had a bit of turbulence but nothing major and I spent most of my time playing Candy Crush, reading and coloring in my Star Wars coloring book.

After we landed we headed to the Magical Express. This was our first time flying in on a Saturday and boy was it packed!!!! We had to wait about 20 minutes before finally boarding but I was excited to watch clips from the upcoming Disney movie Teen Beach Movie. Yes I am 22, I color in coloring books and I have programmed in my phone to watch a Disney Channel movie.

Once on the ME the excitement really set in! Who doesn't love watching the clips of what you're going to see on your upcoming vacation?! It always makes me a bit misty and super happy!

Our first stop was our hotel Art of Animation!!!

We were here! After a few months since our last trip and even longer since a good trip (meaning sick not meaning getting married made it bad ) so it was time!

I had been looking at pictures online but nothing compared to actually seeing this resort!

I love all of the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tend to be a pretty colorful person so it was perfect!

I quickly ran to the online check in line! This was my first time using the military discount Just one of many reasons I married Andrew

The chandelier was amazing! I loved seeing all of the different artwork on it! It was interesting to see all of the ideas for different characters and compared to how they ended up looking in the movies.

It was also nice seeing all of the resort specific merchandise

After getting acquainted with the resort it was time for a snack before we headed to our room and the park!

Each section in the cafeteria is dedicated to the background artwork from the Disney movies they have on display at the resort. That picture is from the Lion King Section.

It was tough making decisions since as most of you know I am now gluten free. This means I did not have one of these for a snack.

Old 05-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #41
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Instead I had this

Minus the bread of course. It was very good!

I ended up having to use a counter service credit for it so I also got one of these babies

A chocolate covered marshmellow stick which I did not end up eating at all the entire trip

Mom went with the cheesey pesto bread

She loved it and had it again later in the week!

We chose to sit in the Finding Nemo area

Then it was time to hike to our room. Our one major complaint about this resort was how far away our room was. If you have small kids that aren't in a stroller but get tired and have to be carried by the end of the day do not go to this resort! I am a runner and I was tired walking back and forth to the main building to our room! I think it had to have been at least a mile away

It does look cool though...

Once we trekked through the Magic Kingdom and Epcot to get to our room we had to take pictures.

I know a lot of families with children take pictures of their room first thing because they mess it up quickly well that's why we do it too Mom and I can mess up a hotel room pretty quickly!

The room decor was adorable!

I loved the grotto part of the tub!

Even the table was decorated!

I have a feeling he got teased a lot

We set our stuff down and headed out!

Old 05-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #42
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Anytime we walked past Ursula I missed my grandma That sounds bad doesn't it?! When I was younger we used to play Little Mermaid in her condo swimming pool and she was always Ursula so we have always made fun of her for that.

We trekked through the jungle

Saw one of my favorite villians. I like him because he is just a huge jerk but has the best voice ever Might also explain my love of Darth Vader

Hakuna Matata

The entrance to the family suites.

Mufasa "Simba you are more than what you have become" That movie is seriously so wise on more than one level. Great life lessons learned from that movie.

Let's get a close up on the royalty

Now if you have seen pictures of this resort you may be wondering where is Rafiki. Well Rafiki was busy being climbed on by every child in Florida. It was ridiculous how many kids were on him each time was passed by we even saw a guy place his baby on Rafiki's arm for a picture. I always found him a bit crazy and wouldn't let my child near him but for each their own I guess Plus there was the issue of the no climbing signs but ya know Disney only put that there as a suggestion

Finally it was time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was going to May the 4th at Disney For those of you that don't know I am a huge fan of Star Wars. I am actually typing this update next to my Darth Vader lego clock I watched all of the movies back to back in preparation for this day!

After buying our tickets I headed in to find the special merchandise while Mom was stuck in line due to a ticket malfunction.

Old 05-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #43
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Passed some Streetmosphere actors

Is it bad that we are so used to Disney it's like oh yeah of course someone would be taped to a wall in DHS?

Unfortunately there were no special pins left or the shirt Mom wanted to get for Dad. We went to check out the Chewbacca line to see if an Ewok was with him but no dice. Then we checked out the line for the Fab Four in their Star Wars wear. The line was huge but after some trepidation we got into it. Soon after we saw this

Yes those are stormtroopers. THERE ARE STORMTROOPERS WALKING AROUND DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!! That's basically how I acted towards it. I am such a geek y'all don't even know

Even the stage was set up special

Then there was the cutest sight ever

After waiting in the heat in line for what seemed like forever chatting with the person ahead of us about how this is nothing crowd wise compared to Star Wars Weekends we were up! Also the park was packed my dreams of Star Wars Weekends has died because we are not crowded park people.

Right before we got up though we saw a special sight... All four of the fab four out together!!!!!!!!! The CM told us that he has never seen this before they don't even let them out together during Star Wars weekends!

Idk if you can tell how excited I was but I was very excited.

Mom then got in on the action.

Then we had to figure out what to do next.

Looks like we went on GMR but we didn't! We went to One Man's Dream instead.

I think Disney should cash in on Walt is my homeboy t shirts...Disney in advance you're welcome.

I can't wait to see this in person in 85 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so stoked at this point to see this in person!

I hope to see this someday

I get to see this in 85 days!!!!!!!!!!

My favorite park icon

Old 05-24-2013, 04:41 PM   #44
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Mom was very excited to ride this!

There's grandma

Idk if she is reading this but I am pretty sure when she is angry she can get like this

Then back outside! I am so excited to see this movie I was telling Andrew last night we are seeing this when it comes out!

Of course the line for TSM was out to China so we didn't bother.

Then we noticed a bounty hunter nearby

Jango Fett everybody!!

I love him and his son even though his son's death was the most idiotic death in any of the Star Wars movies.

Then we saw a storm trooper

We continued along and ran into a clone trooper

EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little did I know we would end up here later in the week

But for now it was Muppet time!

No one was there but luckily this was under the mat

We watched it for the millionth time and headed out. We need Jason Seagal to write a new Muppet 3d movie!

Old 05-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #45
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Then we headed to dinner and saw a certain princess on our way. Now I enjoyed seeing most of the characters but a lot of them were walking around with no real lines. With the Storm Troopers and Clone Troopers and Jango Fett it was fine but with Leia it was a pain!!!!! So many kids cutting and her going to whoever she wanted to made it a very long wait.

I didn't quite think it was worth it but there is the pic. At least I can say I met her.

Well I think I sufficiently introduced you to what a geek I am so I will leave ya here with us on our way to dinner.

Next up!
My first time eating gluten free at Disney!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: