Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 12:04 AM   #1831
buzz1121
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenbetsey View Post
Anybody have any idea where our fearless leader is? We miss ya Nebo
What a coincidence! I spoke with Nebo a little earlier this evening. He and Smidgy have been pretty busy. He mentioned a couple of family graduations, getting settled back in.

I think I laughed one or two.....hundred times that is. He said he would be back in the thread in a day or two.

So stay tuned fellow Neboites, same bat time, same bat channel!!
buzz1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #1832
Self_resqing_princz
Mouseketeer

Does any1 know of any Dis'ers who live in either Moore or Norman, Oklahoma? God be with them all!

2007/2010 WL
2013- split stay POR(RS) & WL

Current PTR/TR September 2013: Doing Disney by the book... or rather- list. Marking off our Disney Bucket Lists!
[URL="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3151964"]Moose & Goose do Disney -or- The 5th anniversary is the Disney Trip anniversary

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/jxorsv1jabd4oqto.png
Self_resqing_princz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 04:25 PM   #1833
cjlvsccm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self_resqing_princz View Post
Does any1 know of any Dis'ers who live in either Moore or Norman, Oklahoma? God be with them all!
Oh, such a heavy heart for everyone in the area! Don't know of anyone personally, or DIS-ically. But that doesn't lessen the prayers on their behalf. Even after experiencing three F4s in my lifetime in this town, I just can't imagine...

Meanwhile, on a related tangent, I've been madder'n a hornet at The Weather Channel. Recently for several weeks, they've been reporting "a tornado drought," and eventually blamed global warming for the lack of severe weather. While those all over who have had more than their share of nasty storm destruction were just thankful for a little while of blessed calm in the spring for a change, knowing it would not stay that way. I know it's nature, certainly not the fault of TWC, but to them I say ARE YA HAPPY NOW THAT YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT???

Bah.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dec'12/Jan'13, NYE at AoA!!!! ... Apr/May '12, DREAM! ... Nov '11, POR ... Jan '11, CSR ... Nov '10, POFQ ... May '10, POFQ & ... Nov '09, after seeing STS-129 launch!!!! ... June '09, POP ... Nov/Dec '08, ASMu ... Oct '06, POP ... Aug '00, FREE trip (friend's radio prize!!), stayed offsite ... Aug '89 daytrip
cjlvsccm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:08 PM   #1834
queenbetsey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
I know! I know! Right here!

ok Mr. Smarty pants. ya got me on that one.

Hey Hey we're the Whiteheads, a pre trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3209767

You were born an origional, why die a copy?\

[link=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img noborder]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/klh12jpwhe9t3guf.png[/img][/link]
queenbetsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #1835
smidgy
dimples

Wow!
Have my ears been ring a ding ringing lately.
My mom used to tell me that it meant that people are saying nice things about me.
She would also then quickly follow that up with a
"disclaimer",
"Well, son,, let's just say that someone is talking about you, and leave it at that, Okey Doke?"

Hey who was I to contradict my mom? Where do you think this attitude came from?
And when she found out about my factory defects, she got a lawyer and sued th doctor and hospital, invoking the "Lemon" , return policy ruling .

Apparently, my "lemons" werent big enough to collect much , and she got stuck with me.
But theere is an upside to this forher,,,I'm always ready for a vodka martini,,,,,,
and I can cry at the drop of a Shadow,,, or Chance,,, or
a Sally Field.

Soo,,, getting back to work shortly. Yeth,, I kknow it's been a long time, that's why I"m posting this pre-amble, (me thinks thou dost takeeth thy self a mite too seriously),
But really folks, it's all starting to come back to me.
Yes, I'm back up to 6th grade in education, and as you can all see, I've even found the comma key once again.

And;

I also happen to think the next two chapters are going to be a lot of fun to read. We are goin to start with the Thumps in the next one,,,and then join in with crazy Floridian lady, Nowells,,,,aka, Staphinie, for a lovely dinner at Streppenedo.

Whoops! silly me.
I made a typo.
Who could have guessed that something like that would happen?

Yeah, I should have the new App up and running by day after tomorrow, for sure,,, but possibbly maybe even tomorrow night.

Hugs and kisses everyone!

Oh gack!

But first I have to read and find out how many bad things you've all be asayin' bout me.., how d0 I get back to read these last posts?
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #1836
Mom&RN
Mouseketeer

Um Nebo, welcome back and you're posting as Smidgy again! Looking forward to the next chapter!!

2003 - Offsite, 2006 - Offsite, 2007 - Pop, 2009 - AKL, 2010 - CBR, 2011 - Pop, Jan 2013 - BC (WITH Non-DH!!), Sep 2013 - CBR (girls trip!), Feb 2014 - BW (conference), May 2014 - WL (club level!)
Mom&RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #1837
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Wow, who'd a thunk it?

Yes, I totally understand that this will be a bit hard for you all to accept, but as you just witnessed, I am not this infallible, omnipotent being that can do know wrong.
Yes, I can , believe it or not, make my own share of mistakes, even without your help.
And thusly,,, like I said,,, I'm out of practice right now, it was just as I was punching in the post that the nickel dropped in, and I knew I'd have to see what namo I and now under. You know what?

It's NEVER the name I am hoping to be under.

And even when it's not the name that I DON'T want to be under, it's still not the name I DO want to be under.
( ruh roh,, he' losing it again,, nonsensical babbling)
Ok, K,,, the name I"d like sounds kind of like Goldwater,,, or, better yet,,,,Rockefeller),,, yea,,, I know,,, SHUT UP,,, and I will. But I have to tell you,,, and I'll never admit this in person,,, especially to Ponzi,,,, I ,,,, sniff,,,, um,,,,,,I,,,,
and I'm not kidding,,, I ,,,,, "Hey, knock it off back there,, I really mean this,,,,,

I missyouguys!"

Ok, ok,,, I done did it,,, see you all soon!
nebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #1838
queenbetsey
Mouseketeer

http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/grouphug.gif

awwww we miss you too ya big lug!

Hey Hey we're the Whiteheads, a pre trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3209767

You were born an origional, why die a copy?\

[link=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img noborder]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/klh12jpwhe9t3guf.png[/img][/link]
queenbetsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #1839
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Channeling Nebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
And you Mike? You sound like you speak from experience yourself. Ponzi,,, anybody else?
Funny you should ask - and yes I know you asked this question weeks ago. About the time that you were writing this post (mid-March) we were on our bi-annual pilgrimage to see the mouse. I'm still that far behind (30 pages) but had to comment on this one.

Everyone knows "you are what you eat", but I am starting to believe in "you are what you read". Yes, I believe that I was channeling YOU dear Nebo. I also heartily agree with the axiom "bad things come in threes".

We arrived very late on Friday evening, checked into the resort and had a lovely lazy day on Saturday. Sunday was to be our first park day.

Strike 1 comes Sunday morning which was also the Spring time change. I woke up early and started my day by puzzling over the alarm clock. It must have taken 15-20 minutes propped up on my elbow trying to figure out how to set back that infernal Sony Dreammachine (who'd have guessed that you had to enter the Year Month Date before you got to Hours and Minutes?). Anywhoo, after several minutes in an awkward position as I rolled to my back and my neck went "crick". Not a snap or a crack, but enough of a crick to know I was in trouble.

So 20 minutes later the kids are raring to go, and I'm dawning that I'm not going anywhere but to Walgreens. Had to break it to them that park day one was going to be delayed. They took it like troopers though and we managed to salvage an outlet shopping day from the experience. I coped with liberal applications of Aspercreme and Tiger Balm and lots of ibuprofen. And by the next morning I was ready for...

Strike 2. Monday we decide I'm well enough for a park, and we'll start with the classic MK this morning. Our initial goal on entering the park is to FP's for SM. The return time is only about 30 minutes out, so we may as well stay in Tomorrowland. Look! Only 10 minutes for Luzz Bightyear. We all have a great round - the kids are old enough now to be very competitive. But the cars are a bit small for my 6'3" frame, and as I am hopping out, I jam my knee (kaneeka neeka) into the side of the lap bar. I may have let out a rather unDisney like sound, but managed to keep my balance and hobble off to the side. But, being a trooper I shook it off and we carried on. My knee looked very angry with me when we were finally done for the day.

Tuesday dawned rainy and cool, and so we (of course!) made a beeline for IOA for the day. Figure if you're going to be wet then why not at a wet park. And it was a great idea! Lines were short to non-existent. We had a bit of an issue at Ripsaw Falls; we got stuck at the very top for about 10-15 minutes due to a "logjam" below, but they made up for that with Front of the Line access to The Hulk. We went through IOA so fast that we headed over to USO for a few more rides. Well the day was winding down, and no Strike 3 - NOT. And key in here to Nebo's original question.

As you exit IOA, there are turnstiles to pass through at the exit. Said turnstiles rotate as you exit with that satisfying "kerthunk" sound. And so on, and so on, as people stream out. Except that the person in front of me must not have fully "kerthunked". Now when this happens, the turstile will stop at the top, and not move. So I am walking merrily along, probably a bit too fast as the rest of the family is a bit ahead of me. They have turned just past the turnstiles to wait for me. I hit my turnstile at full pace. The bar engages my body at that certain spot, and it clicks one notch, kerthunks, and STOPS. I can see the looks on the face of my entire family as I just about turn **** over tea kettle over the turnstile. You know the look - the same one you get when some guy on America's Funniest Home Video misses while climbing over the fence? THAT LOOK.

Like Nebo at the bleachers, I sang soprano all the way back to the car.

It was almost tempting to call it quits for the week at the point, but true to the axiom, I had my 3 strikes and would be allowed to play again. However, I am seriously considering swearing off Nebo TR's as I have a sneaking suspicion that these may have something to do with it.

And oh yeah, another one - 15 years old, street hockey, I'm in goal, frozen tennis ball. Perhaps I've been channeling Nebo longer than I thought...

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #1840
cjlvsccm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
and I can cry at the drop of a Shadow,,, or Chance,,, or
a Sally Field.

Don't get Sassy.

a lovely dinner at Streppenedo.

Hope all the bugs have left you. Seems like I'm ALWAYS sick by the end of vacation.

Hugs and kisses everyone!

Oh gack!
We've missed you too Nebo (posting as Smidgy) & Smidgy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dec'12/Jan'13, NYE at AoA!!!! ... Apr/May '12, DREAM! ... Nov '11, POR ... Jan '11, CSR ... Nov '10, POFQ ... May '10, POFQ & ... Nov '09, after seeing STS-129 launch!!!! ... June '09, POP ... Nov/Dec '08, ASMu ... Oct '06, POP ... Aug '00, FREE trip (friend's radio prize!!), stayed offsite ... Aug '89 daytrip
cjlvsccm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #1841
nebo
sharkbait

Hey, Mortimer the banker,,, wow, what a great post,,, loved the knee (kaneeka neeka) line. Well done.

P.S.;

Hope the kids are better soon
Old 05-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #1842
nebo
sharkbait

Chapter 15 To Hare is Human, to Forgive,,,

AAhh,,,, there you are!

(sound familiar?)

Now, let's have some fun!

So much to talk about, people to offend, Bunnies to get their hare ruffled.

Is it just me, or does it seem like no matter what columnist you read now-a-days is using the word "ubiquitous"?
Really,, it's everywhere now like a new fad.

Ruh roh,, gonna be won of those knights.

And so, on we go........ The Thumpers.

But wait:
first;

I still havent posted the stupid "this is our room video yet".
A good reason for that is because I didn't take it until the second to last day there! Hey, you don't want to rush into some things too soon!

Now;

Can anybody guess where we happened to meet that afternoon at the Animal Kingdom?

Did someone say a "bar?"

Really? Moi?

You would be correct, the Dawa bar in particular.

Our morining was typical for us,,, Safari, Primevil Hurl, Nemo, the Moronical,, then an early lunch at Flame tree. ( this time i'm sticking in pictures later, live with it, drives me nuts to get on a roll writing and have to switch back and forth).

Yes, I know how I"m becoming, if I had money I'd be "eccentric",,, instead,, I"m just "crotchety".

Ok, our alfresco table view from Flame Tree:

Soze,,, we get there 15 minutes early and we both order a pinapple, coconut, mango, blue Hawaii, red rum runner, long island pina colava.

Hey, c'mon, you missed me, admit it.

Yep, pretty sure that was the name. And that's how we ordered it/them.
I really wanted just a beer, but what fun would that have been?

Besides, now I can throw up from 4 different island nations simultaneously!

We then pulled some extra chairs around a table that was really hard to miss, and sat there waiting for them.
We had seen a couple pics of them, so we thought we knew what we were looking for. Heather has long blond hair, Mike is funny looking,,,, no , we had no idea what his baby sister looked like,, we thought i tdidn''t matter.

We couldn't be more mistaken.

Two women walked up to us, and stood there for a second just looking at us. Finally,, one said,,, "well,,, you gonna say hi Nebo?"
Smidgy got it before me;
"Oh, HI!,, Come join us, come join us,,, and they sat down at our table.

Heather now had brown hair, not blond,,, and cut really short, not long like I was expecting. She was like out of Get Smart,,,, incognito, a double agent. I asked if she was trying to hide from Mike, since he wasn't with them,,
"Has he been beating you up?" I asked, concerned.

(I'm sorry,, but I have to do this),,,
"Oh no,, I am almost always up before him." she replied.

Soonly, Mike came up, he had gone for EE lastpasses, and hugs and kisses all around were rampant.

I hate rampant kisses.

And what does "rampant' mean?
Is this mike on?
Hello, testing,,, one two drei quatro.

Oh, there you are,,, resume.

Let me get this out of the way,,, the three of them are total "stand up " people, even though they are sitting down right now.

However,,,
(I love throwing that in,,, makes everybody suddenly snap back to it)
especially the folks I'm writing about.

looking down, (yes, us shy, insecure, pessimistic introverted types are always looking down), I made an observation.

Now, I have railed in the past on the proliferation of "feet" in the Disney resorts and Parks, and it is obviously not improving.
Feet are everywhere!

I know they are needed and we all have them, but that's what Reeboks are for, to cover them. The best looking feet are hidden in Reeboks and Nike.

I can't help it, I just think they are stupid looking parts of the human anatomy, and can never figure out why women call attention to them by painting the nails a glow in the dark neon red.

I also hate the word "toe" or "toes" . Just sounds so childish, to me. Can't believe there was a famous football coach who went by that as his first name.

In Ponzi's Hawaii report, he mentioned going shopping with the girls so, they could get some,,,,,and then he used a few words, synomyns for sandals,,,,,flip flops, tongs, whatever,,, but one of the ones he used was "toesies"

I almost threw up!

Now, I know he turned in his man card a long time ago,, that can happen when raising two daughters,,, but c'mon. geesh!!
Real men don't say "tee hee" and real men never say "toesies".

So, while looking down, I see Melissa is wearing sandals.
Heather, is wearing sandals.

And, yes, even Mike is wearing sandals!

It was like being inside a Toes/R/Us.

Really, I'll bet they had close to thirty toes between the three of them!

Oh well, that's just me.

Oh, you want some pictures?

Allrighty then,,,yes, I did take a couple of them that day.

Oh, silly me, it appears I have misread those little snapshots on my P-Bucket page, but I still think the first one is Mike, let's try it again;

The three of them really are great people. But Melissa had a tendancy to just wander away creating the Melissa scavenger hunt a few times. She did that once just as we were going in to see the Festival of the Lion King Musical.
Nobody knew if she needed a potty or a snow cone, but she was suddenly gone.

The show was just starting and suddenly there she was;
she not only made it inside, but was able to find us as well!

I think she rode in on the Simba float.

But let's get back to Mike and Lady H.

Ok, mostly Mike I guess,,,,,it's a guy thing.

I came back to the table after getting a drink while still at the Dawa Bar,,,Smidgy and Heather were talking, Melissa was walking, and I see Mike "snup snupping" into his hand.

Then I saw he had his I-phone or whatever in his hand, and I ran up and asked, "Mike, are you ok? What's wrong?"

Still "snupping" and with tears rolling down his cheeks, he said; "It's,,, Puh,,, Puh,,, Ponzi!"

"Huh? What about Ponzi,,, something happen to him?"

"Oh no", and then I could tell he was laughing, not crying;

" I just went to get on your trip report and say you were doing ok,,,, so far,,,,and saw that Ponzi had posted a picture of you as Homer Simpson!"

Spiffy, absolutely Spiffy.

I will tell you another observation about Mike I couldn't help but make;

He's extremely dangerous!

Yes, you read that right,,,, and most probably dangerous to yourself,,, cuz he is so convincing.

He is Mr. Exhuberance, the Energizer Bunny, and he can talk you into doing things you might not want to do.

If there was a fifty foot bungee tower, with a fifty one foot cord,,, he would say,,,"Yeah,,, but think of the fun you'll have on the way down!"

Mike and Melissa rode Everest, with me sitting behind thme.

Then, Mike said to me,,, C'mon, this time you and me ride together.

"Yeah? Ok, how come? Something different gonna happen with you sitting next to me? You know, I'm not always in the mood to throw up!"

But that was pretyty much our Bunny day, next up is Stephanie!
Old 05-23-2013, 09:50 PM   #1843
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Shut out!

<hugs>

<kisses>

monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #1844
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

I thought about breaking this chapter down, but I'll do one better; I'll give you the bunnies version of this day complete with pictures. I'll need to upload them first.

Stay tuned.

P.S. Provided Nebo permits me to in his TR. If not, then I'll post about it on our TR. Bwahahaha.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:54 PM   #1845
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
I thought about breaking this chapter down, but I'll do one better; I'll give you the bunnies version of this day complete with pictures. I'll need to upload them first.

Stay tuned.

P.S. Provided Nebo permits me to in his TR. If not, then I'll post about it on our TR. Bwahahaha.
Mike,, anything you can offer is good as gold, you know that. We also accept checks.
Visa, Discover, and Purie marbles, as long as they arn't the boulder types.

O,k,,, this time going to bed for real.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: