Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 12:24 AM   #16
3PrincessesDad
Earning My Ears

We have 3 young daughters as well, and we have been 3 times with the Grandparents. We always stay at the Poly and get connecting rooms. The girls have a lot more room, and can go between rooms as they please. For us, convienience is the key; on the monorail, easy access to MK or Epcot, and you can walk to the TTC. We always request one of the longhouses closest to the TTC: Tahiti, Rapa Nui, or Tokelau(currently being refurbished). It's just a short walk from there, and you can use the express monorail to MK, or get on the EP monorail. There's also a parking lot on that end that's a lot closer to get to. As far as construction, Tokelau will be finished soon, then they will be moving to the other end of the resort to work, if the schedule is correct. That's just my opinion; we love the Poly!

3PrincessesDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:50 AM   #17
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

How old are your daughters?

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2013, 06:05 AM   #18
princessap
DIS Veteran

Thanks. We stayed at the poly this year and loved it!! That is part of why I am having a hard time wondering if we should try somewhere new or not as that is the only onsite stay we have done?! But it was amazing. The girls loved seeing the castle from the pool so I know they would love tpv at CR but just not sure if I can give up the poly and our middle dd wants to try akl but i am worried about how far it is from mk and epcot where we will spend time mostly.

Our girls will be 6, 5 and 18 months at trip time.
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #19
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PrincessesDad View Post
We have 3 young daughters as well, and we have been 3 times with the Grandparents. We always stay at the Poly and get connecting rooms. The girls have a lot more room, and can go between rooms as they please. For us, convienience is the key; on the monorail, easy access to MK or Epcot, and you can walk to the TTC. We always request one of the longhouses closest to the TTC: Tahiti, Rapa Nui, or Tokelau(currently being refurbished). It's just a short walk from there, and you can use the express monorail to MK, or get on the EP monorail. There's also a parking lot on that end that's a lot closer to get to. As far as construction, Tokelau will be finished soon, then they will be moving to the other end of the resort to work, if the schedule is correct. That's just my opinion; we love the Poly!
thanks. We love the poly too! have u considered other resorts or just always knew it was poly every time?

How old are your girls? Isnt it awesome having all princesses! I have always thought MK catered more to girls and friends that have boys agree with me!
Old 05-19-2013, 11:08 PM   #20
3PrincessesDad
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
thanks. We love the poly too! have u considered other resorts or just always knew it was poly every time?

How old are your girls? Isnt it awesome having all princesses! I have always thought MK catered more to girls and friends that have boys agree with me!
We have considered others; before we had kids, my wife and I stayed at WL and loved it. But for the convenience to everything, you can't beat the Poly. Before our last trip we told them about WL, but they would have none of it. They wanted their Polynesian!
I love having all girls; I can't imagine having 3 boys-especially at Disney! We have twins who will turn 10 next month, and a 7 year-old. The first time we went, the twins were 4 and our youngest was only 2. I would tell anyone, the younger your children, the better you will love the Poly. When you need that midday break, it makes it so much easier. Hope you have fun wherever you decide to stay.

3PrincessesDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #21
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PrincessesDad View Post
We have considered others; before we had kids, my wife and I stayed at WL and loved it. But for the convenience to everything, you can't beat the Poly. Before our last trip we told them about WL, but they would have none of it. They wanted their Polynesian!
I love having all girls; I can't imagine having 3 boys-especially at Disney! We have twins who will turn 10 next month, and a 7 year-old. The first time we went, the twins were 4 and our youngest was only 2. I would tell anyone, the younger your children, the better you will love the Poly. When you need that midday break, it makes it so much easier. Hope you have fun wherever you decide to stay.
Have a great trip! you are leaving soon!!

I definitely agree about having all girls!!! it is the best!! Magic Kingdom is definitely catered to girls I think!! we have only stayed at the poly and I am worried I am missing out on other resorts but we loved it there and our girls want to go back there too! we are taking the grandparents next year and hope they love it as much as we do!!

Have a great time!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #22
chasgoose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post

Have a great trip! you are leaving soon!!

I definitely agree about having all girls!!! it is the best!! Magic Kingdom is definitely catered to girls I think!! we have only stayed at the poly and I am worried I am missing out on other resorts but we loved it there and our girls want to go back there too! we are taking the grandparents next year and hope they love it as much as we do!!

Have a great time!
This is why you should try the CR/GF. You can get rid of the what if? bug in your head. They are both nice resorts and you will still be at WDW so it's not like your trip will be ruined if you end up realizing you like the Poly more...
chasgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #23
princessap
DIS Veteran

I did want to try GF or cR however when I showed my kids they werent too impressed and picked poly again. They (and me too) were not too impressed with the rooms at GF or the splash pad. I thought being new it would be bigger. One thing keeping me from CR is not having a zero entry pool as we will have an 18 month with us.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:47 PM   #24
marvel
DIS Veteran

we found the poly pool to be cold, and this was in Sept. anyone else have that experience??
marvel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: