Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #1141
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Fun update, Dan. Mark probably would have liked that beef thing you were nibbling on.

Love the kissing photo, and the family photopass pic is good too (feet in the fountain? really?).
Old 05-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #1142
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Great update, awkard kiss and all

Waffle looked boring to me. Waffle House Waffles look way better than that

Fountain pic is great with Noelle's expression
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #1143
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Love all the Food and Wine Dan.

Great pictures in France even if you were all sweaty.

The Belgium booth is where I got asked for ID a few years ago. For the ICED coffee.

I believe I had the Brule in France, and probably nothing in Morocco since I cannot be sure of ingredients.

Keep walking, Keep Walking....
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 05-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #1144
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbear View Post
great update Dan!

yeah..that kiss does look awkward.

I think Noelle was mad that she didn't get to put her feet in the fountain too

I like the pic with the smiling guy. But what I noticed first was the older gentlemen to the left of the beer booth. He looks just like the guy who owns Jurassic Park in the movie! At least from far away. Hat and all.
thats great i didnt notice that, but he does look like him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbear View Post
That waffle really didn't LOOK like anything special, so I'm not surprised that Candi was not thrilled with it.

C'mon Dan, the coffee would have been $7.50 and 18 oz of beer was only $1 more! Sounds like Miss Godiva is overcharging

Actually I'd go for a gray goose slush over any of the above. But the beer looked pretty good too. Bet that was really refreshing! Good choice.

Did Noelle have her name written in the different languages as well, or just Parker? I would like to collect the stamps & have the names written in the countries for Harper if it's something we can do rather quickly, since it will make a nice piece of memorabilia from her first trip.

can't wait to see what Candi's mission is!
you are correct more drink for roughtly the same price, how could you go wrong.

i think we might have gotten her name at one of them, we didnt at the others since she didnt seem intersted in it all...but if you just want to get her name written at each country it would not take long at all, most have no lines at them, some of the more predominate tables like mexico are the busiest but that is just because it is the first country and everyone has to walk past it to get on the ride, but even then you might now wait but a few people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
The beef rendang with jasmine rice nearly killed me! It was the end of the night and I think we got to the end of the batch and it was super concentrated! Holy cow!

Jill in CO
really that stinks, sorry it wasnt a good sampling for you.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 05-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #1145
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great Update Dan !!No escargot for you ???>? I would have tried them , but if they had frog legs I would have run the other way
nope not a fan of either of those you listed,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That kefta pocket looks yummy! I'm putting that on the food list for this year. Yum!

I totally agree with your theory on the beer flight! Works for me!

I think the kid-cot stations are so great!

Another fun update. Cute family picture in front of the fountain!
it had a really good flavor i think you would like it.

hoping to spend more time at the kid cot station in future trips, i think once both of them are a little bigger they would really like htem with the games they have and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Duffy is adorable! And so soft!

Yum! All this good looking/sounding food is making me hungry! Aww, Noelle is so cute! Aww, glad that Parker perked up and liked the ride!

YUM! Le Cellier food. I have to say that the filet and the soup was definitely the best ever, especially once you have the pretzel bread to dip in the soup, ACH! Best ever.

That pita looks delicious! Now all I want is to be at food and wine in Epcot! Hahaha!
i should have put a warning to not read until after you had eaten lunch.

i like pretzel bread but have not had theres yet, maybe sometime ill just go in for a sit down soup and bread and then leave...well after i pay of course.

the pita was really good i would get it again thats for sure.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 05-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #1146
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Fun update, Dan. Mark probably would have liked that beef thing you were nibbling on.

Love the kissing photo, and the family photopass pic is good too (feet in the fountain? really?).
yep feet in the water...i was suprised no CM's said anything, but you dont usually see many of them walking around outside the shops in the countries, so maybe it is cool to get away with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Great update, awkard kiss and all

Waffle looked boring to me. Waffle House Waffles look way better than that

Fountain pic is great with Noelle's expression
im not a fan of really any waffle or pancake, even with all the fancy toppings on them.

the little girl of many facial expressions thats for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Love all the Food and Wine Dan.

Great pictures in France even if you were all sweaty.

The Belgium booth is where I got asked for ID a few years ago. For the ICED coffee.

I believe I had the Brule in France, and probably nothing in Morocco since I cannot be sure of ingredients.

Keep walking, Keep Walking....
thanks pat, hope it brought back some memories of your food and wine eating.

now that you mentioned it, i dont think i had been carded at all while drinking there...

keep walking, okay, but pretty soon we make a shop stop

Blessed by the Best
Old 05-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #1147
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
Leaving the good old UK we head across the pond to the France, but not before the photopass guy stopped us to get a nice sweaty picture of me and candi in that ackward kiss each other for the camera and try not to smile position.

It is a great shot, you are all sweaty from the parks, you probably dont smell the best in the heat, and you are to hold a kiss with your loved one, while sweat appears and makes it that much better. but who am i to turn down any sort of kiss from my lovely bride.
I figure my DW smells better than me, so it's her problem to deal with.

Quote:
We continue on into France

Here is where the france booth is for an idea of the area.

And of course there menu board, but we did not purchase anything here this time.
No snails?

Quote:
i wont be signing noelle up anytime soon for a horseshoe tournament that little one didn't get anywhere close to the target, she even hit me once.
And how long till she gets her driver's license?

Quote:
here is the booth complete with a guy in the bottom corner smiling in the picture.

he has inspired me to on future trips if i know that i will be in the background of someones picture to smile for the camera, it cracked me up.
I always thought it would be funny to follow a family around and appear in the background of every picture. Then I figured it would be a good way to have the cops called on me.

Quote:
i went for the kefta pocket, any time you tell me pita pocket and beef in the same sentence im all for it.

this pita pocket had a nice little hidden gem in it, there was a slaw in the bottom of it that was very good with the beef.

i have to be honest this snack was awesome the seasoning on the beef was fabulous i would get it again in a heart beat.
Sounds like a winner!
Old 05-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #1148
cherbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I always thought it would be funny to follow a family around and appear in the background of every picture. Then I figured it would be a good way to have the cops called on me.

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
Old 05-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #1149
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
I figure my DW smells better than me, so it's her problem to deal with.

No snails?

And how long till she gets her driver's license?
i like your thinking, she does smell better than me, so next time i wont worry about it.

snails no way

Quote:

Sounds like a winner!
that would be funny to try and get in a few family pictures, it would be hard to keep a straight face after the first photobomb

Blessed by the Best
Old 05-23-2013, 06:10 AM   #1150
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Funny that you mention smiling in other people's photos. We recently had a conversation about how many people's vacation photos we are probably in with all of our travels to WDW. It would be even weirder if in the future you were looking through someone's vacations pictures and you were there. Makes you think...
Old 05-23-2013, 08:44 PM   #1151
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Cheri I used Brooklyn brown ale.

I would have screamed at you Dan to get a room. LOL
Nice pic by the fountain.
Oh no. Sharing of alcohol is not allowed I would have told her.
Ooh that was easy to catch up. I will be back after the 1st. I leave Sunday for Aruba. You might see some pics on FB. LOL
Great update and pics.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #1152
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Just checking in !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 05-28-2013, 11:06 AM   #1153
monkey30
Dreaming of my next vacation!

Finally I am all caught up and really enjoying the TR! I remember going during F&W the very first visit to WDW, but because we didnt do our research had no clue what it was about.

One day we will return during it, but not for a while!

September Family Trip 2012 PTR
DL Trip Report 2012
Left the Kids at home PTR 2013
Old 05-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #1154
FauntleroyFAN07

Wow its been a while since i posted an update...i meant to get one in Wednesday last week, but i decided to head out of town a few hours early for the long weekend.

we went down to the Indy 500 for four days and got back yesterday, so didnt have access to anything.

but i have the next chapter of pics all uploaded so a update should be along tomorrow, hope everyone had a good long weekend

Blessed by the Best
Old 05-28-2013, 03:53 PM   #1155
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
Funny that you mention smiling in other people's photos. We recently had a conversation about how many people's vacation photos we are probably in with all of our travels to WDW. It would be even weirder if in the future you were looking through someone's vacations pictures and you were there. Makes you think...
yep or the people that we mention something about in the background of our trip reports, they might a report about there trip somewhere and comment on us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Cheri I used Brooklyn brown ale.

I would have screamed at you Dan to get a room. LOL
Nice pic by the fountain.
Oh no. Sharing of alcohol is not allowed I would have told her.
Ooh that was easy to catch up. I will be back after the 1st. I leave Sunday for Aruba. You might see some pics on FB. LOL
Great update and pics.
havent had a ton of time lately for updates, so you should be okay on catchingup when you get home from your trip.

i have been enjoying your FB pics, have a great trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Just checking in !!!!
hey rosie, hope you enjoy not having to catch up on here,

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey30 View Post
Finally I am all caught up and really enjoying the TR! I remember going during F&W the very first visit to WDW, but because we didnt do our research had no clue what it was about.

One day we will return during it, but not for a while!
glad you are enjoying the report, hope to have another update up soon.

i think it overlapped one of our trips in the past as well, but we didnt even really pay attention to the booths we just sort of did our thing, now im shocked that we did...but we have learned for future trips thats for sure.

Blessed by the Best

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: