Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013, 05:23 AM   #151
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Have a fantastic trip!!!

Just got caught up on your last chapter from HS- yummy meal and great waitress at 50's- hooray! You are totally right about the portions there.

Except for the onion rings. Maybe they put them in the fry basket to distract you from noticing there are only 4 for around $6 so they are $1.50 per ring! That totally drives me bonkers at Sci Fi (but we still have to get them)

When I saw the picture with the caption "Ugh. How dare that one cloud blemish an otherwise beautiful sky?" at first I thought you meant the Tower!!!
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #152
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Have fun, Missy & Franklin! I'll be following your trip on FB, of course.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #153
tiggerfan77
I clearly do not make it to WDW enough

Have a great trip! Just sent you a friend request. Hope to follow your trip adventures soon
tiggerfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #154
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Enjoying the Epcot Resort Area Part 1

Wow, so it's been about a month since our last TR update. But it's been a very busy month. Lots of fun wedding planning stuff (cake tasting!) and, of course, another wonderful trip to Disney. If you want to read all about that trip, head on over to our brand new TR, "Food, Friendship, Flowers and a Touch of the Force." Yep, this means I have three TRs going at once. I really must not value free time. In the meantime, on with the January show!

We last left off with an inch-by-inch photo tour of Tower of Terror. Franklin and I had gotten a lot done in our DHS morning, so we felt pretty good about heading back to the resort. There was a pool calling us.

Now, I know some of you have been waiting for the big comparison, exactly how does Luna Park Pool stack up against Stormalong Bay across the late at Beach Club/Yacht Club. Yes, SAB is a more dynamic pool with lots of different features (lazy river, sinking sands, etc.) but, pound for pound, I love the scenery at Luna Park more. Everything is so colorful and so well themed.

I love, love, LOVE the colorful posters that surround the pool. It lends the theme real authenticity.

It was warm, but not hot by any means. Yet the pool was pretty busy. I had come out thinking we’d hop in the pool. But standing there in a swimsuit, it was a tad chilly. So we headed for the hot tub instead. Well, I did and Franklin finished taking pictures. No sooner had I climbed into an empty hot tub, then a half-dozen kids come running into the hot tub. Now I’m not someone who complains about kids at Disney. It’s Disney World, I know it’s a family setting and kids come with the territory, but once they started doing flips in the hot tub, I did get a smidge perturbed. Where were their parents? Oh right, yelling over from the pool bar.

Thankfully the families had an ADR to get to and the kids cleared out so I could relax. A few other adults climbed in and joked with me about surviving the invasion. Franklin also arrived at the hot tub and we enjoyed a nice bit of relaxation.

Soon enough though, it was time to head upstairs to shower. It was another gorgeous afternoon in the Epcot resort area.

'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #155
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Enjoying the Epcot Resort Area Part 2

We didn’t have far to go for our evening plans. We were heading for Epcot. And man, was the commute long!

We strolled pretty quickly through the World Showcase. But don’t worry, we’d be back shortly. We just had a date with Future World.

I love this park at night. The fountains and the different buildings are just so beautiful all lit up!

It was time for Franklin and I to do something we’d both been dying to do... ride the redesigned Test Track.

The difference in the queue between the last version of the attraction and this one was striking. Gone was the 90s-style crash test dummies and garage tools and in their place a futuristic car design studio.

Gah! They moved the camera! We did our funny pose as we crashed through the door. But we found out afterward that the camera is now outside. Foiled!

Here’s my take on the new Test Track. I’m not someone who was wedded to the “story” from the old attraction. Yes, the video was kind of kitchy and cute but it wasn’t the be all and end all of Disney attractions for me. But the story fit the ride.

I guess I don’t understand where they were trying to go with the overhaul. Obviously, they wanted to make the attraction look like Tron on the inside, which they totally accomplished. But it seems like they didn’t put much thought into the ride beyond that. The design-a-car aspect was just okay and a couple of people in our car said the cars they’d designed weren’t showing up as we went through the ride. I don’t know, the overhaul just didn’t click for me.

But I still love the outdoor part of the ride (especially at night!). So I’ll continue to go back.

Next, we took off for Mars.

You’d think they figure out how to land without crashing eventually. Haha.

We had one last task to complete in Future World before heading back to World Showcase for Illuminations and dinner. We’d gotten an email from my best friend saying that for her fiance’s birthday, she wanted to replace all the photos in their apartment with pictures of all their friends holding signs that said “Happy Birthday Dan.”

Mission accomplished. We’ll leave off there, but we have spectacular fireworks photos coming up and a yummy dinner at a new restaurant for us. In the meantime, what did the rest of you think about the Test Track redesign? Do you love it? Hate it? Kind of indifferent like me?
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 05-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #156
tiggerfan77
I clearly do not make it to WDW enough

I can't comment on the new Test Track because it was still being closed down when I went last year but thanks for the update! It does look Tron-like and more futurist now. Does it still take on the same "course" in the old one? With testing indoors then the loop outside or did they change everything?

Also I love the pictures of the Luna pool! It is more colorful and fun looking than Stormalong Bay but that clown is CREEEEPYYY!
tiggerfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #157
Pixel Dust
It's a trap!

I also made a panoramic photo of Luna Park Pool. It's made from 18 photos stitched together. The full resolution is 110 megapixels!
Here is the link to the photo on Gigapan, if you want to explore and zoom around.
http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/126433

Wait! Where's your wedding ring? 10/2013 ; Food, friendship, flowers and a touch of the Force 05/2013 ; A Disney Geek-tastic Trip to the World 01/2013 ; Happily Ever After Begins Here 10/2012 ; Peekaboo, I see Pluto! A 1st Birthday TR 3/2012 ; Boo to Two 10/2011 ; A Failure to Launch 10/2010

02/09-Mariott Imperial Palms, 10/10-Mystic Dunes, 10/11-CR, 03/12-Windsor Hills, 10/12-BCV/AKV, 01/13-BWV, 05/13-BLT, 10/13-YC, 05/14-BWV, 08/14-VGF, 12/14-BWV, 04/15-BLT

Nikon D600
Nikkor 24-120mm f/4 ED VR ; Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 G ; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ; Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 ; Nikon SB-800 ; Manfrotto 055CXPRO4 Tripod
Pixel Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #158
DynamicDisney
Earning My Ears

Loving your TR and Franklin's photos!! Gorgeous engagement photos, as well!!!

WDW: for myself as a kid 1984, 1991
WDW: first trip for DH and our kids: April 2013, AoA
DynamicDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:58 AM   #159
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Loving your trip report!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #160
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

OMG that pool looks sooooo wonderful. I wish I could afford to stay deluxe.. Maybe one of these days! )

Love your pictures too, just beautiful. Especially the ones of Epcot!

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #161
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post

I love this park at night. The fountains and the different buildings are just so beautiful all lit up!

I totally agree!!!

The colors in these two pictures are just stunning!

Love the beautiful pictures of the Luna park pool. Especially the panoramic photo. It does look like a fun, pretty pool.

Once again, blown away by that beautiful view from your room!

Thanks for your review on Test Track. We haven't been on TT since 2010- WOW- so we can't wait to check out the ride in July. I don't think we have ever been on at night!!! Must try that.

Cute birthday picture and really cute idea!
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #162
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Gorgeous photos!!!
I was looking forward to checking out the new Test Track with the boys in July, but it doesn't seem to be getting rave reviews on the boards. Hopefully they will still enjoy it.
When there with the boys, we are staying at POP for 5 days and then transferring over to YC for the last 2 nights of our stay. DS really wanted his cousin to have the opportunity to enjoy SAB. Tried for BC, but AP discounts were gone. So trying another new resort.
But I have to say that your photo of the Clown Pool really makes it look like fun. My kids have both always thought it was creepy! They didn't want to be "spit out" of a clown's mouth.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #163
Cadenza
Earning My Ears

Love this TR! Your pictures are gorgeous!!
Cadenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #164
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerfan77 View Post
I can't comment on the new Test Track because it was still being closed down when I went last year but thanks for the update! It does look Tron-like and more futurist now. Does it still take on the same "course" in the old one? With testing indoors then the loop outside or did they change everything?

Also I love the pictures of the Luna pool! It is more colorful and fun looking than Stormalong Bay but that clown is CREEEEPYYY!
The "course" of Test Track is the same. Though the "tests" they run on the car is different. The loop outside didn't change a bit.

I loved Luna Park Pool, it was so much fun! And the clown wasn't all that creepy in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicDisney View Post
Loving your TR and Franklin's photos!! Gorgeous engagement photos, as well!!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Loving your trip report!
Thank you so much, we love creating them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
OMG that pool looks sooooo wonderful. I wish I could afford to stay deluxe.. Maybe one of these days! )

Love your pictures too, just beautiful. Especially the ones of Epcot!
Look into renting points! We rented for our AKV stay (before we bought our first DVC contract) and it cost less than half of what a stay at AKL would have cost WITH an AP discount. It makes deluxe resorts MUCH more accessible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I totally agree!!!

The colors in these two pictures are just stunning!

Love the beautiful pictures of the Luna park pool. Especially the panoramic photo. It does look like a fun, pretty pool.

Once again, blown away by that beautiful view from your room!

Thanks for your review on Test Track. We haven't been on TT since 2010- WOW- so we can't wait to check out the ride in July. I don't think we have ever been on at night!!! Must try that.

Cute birthday picture and really cute idea!
Here's the thing about Epcot. None of the attractions are really my faves, but Epcot is (by far) my favorite park. I could spend the day just wandering around. I love the sights, the sounds, the fountains, just everything!

The views in the Epcot resort area are great because it doesn't matter which side of the lake you're on, you're looking at a beautiful resort!

Yes, your boys would LOVE Test Track at night, make it a must-do by Missy (instead of Stacy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Gorgeous photos!!!
I was looking forward to checking out the new Test Track with the boys in July, but it doesn't seem to be getting rave reviews on the boards. Hopefully they will still enjoy it.
When there with the boys, we are staying at POP for 5 days and then transferring over to YC for the last 2 nights of our stay. DS really wanted his cousin to have the opportunity to enjoy SAB. Tried for BC, but AP discounts were gone. So trying another new resort.
But I have to say that your photo of the Clown Pool really makes it look like fun. My kids have both always thought it was creepy! They didn't want to be "spit out" of a clown's mouth.
Can't wait to hear what you think of Yacht Club, that's where we're staying for our honeymoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenza View Post
Love this TR! Your pictures are gorgeous!!
Thanks!

Old 05-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #165
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

That pool area is absolutely awesome! I love the bright colours!
Glad your annoying hot tub companions didn't stay too long. Gotta love those high level supervision moments.
Oh I love Epcot at night too! New Test Track looks pretty cool. I can't wait to see it, I'm so glad the outside part hasn't changed, that's what worried me!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: