Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #91
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

And drop, drop, drop we did!! Here we are. I’m screaming. Morghan is laughing of course.

Ready to rock?!

I love this view of ToT.

Oh yeah!!!! I love RNR because you feel secure with the bars that go over your head. I’m always paranoid that I am going to lose my glasses though! That thing flies!

Redneck ride photo!

A little strolling after our back to back craziness

Hello there Great Movie Ride!

This place is beautiful!

We had a female gangster.

When we were done there, we decided to check out the new Star Tours. I get really horrible motion sickness and on our last trip, this one about did me in. I was hoping it was a little smoother or something not so bad.

Nope. Not good. I kept my eyes closed. I just cannot do this kind of ride, even with Dramamine.
Dump shop-

Morghan didn’t want to get in this cute car. Boo!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #92
Lovemy3babes

Slap me on the wrist if you must but I still have never seen Fantasmic. Someday…

Crowds were picking up a bit, that late in the morning.

We planned on an early lunch and weren’t too excited about our options for a CS meal here. I did a lot of research on this one and thought Starring Rolls would be PERFECT for us. I was super excited about dessert especially!
Well, it is teeny, isn’t it? It’s a little hard to navigate your options in that tiny place. The outdoor seating is very limited as well. We had to stand with our trays for a few minutes before one opened up. Since it was just us two I couldn’t ask Morghan to save a table while I attempted to carry two trays of food. I also am not a fan of taking up a big table when you could easily fit at something smaller. I saw lots of that here. Holding tables, leisurely taking your time while there were poor people just wanting to sit down.

But our food was good!

I got the ham and Morghan got the turkey. We both got chips, soda and Butterfinger cupcakes. My sandwich had no dressing, which is how I like it. Morghan's had some on it that she didn’t like so she scraped it off.

Before we left for AK, One Man’s Dream was on my list. I have always walked past here on other trips, so made a note not to miss it this time!

My heart ached a bit when I was here. I hope Walt is happy with his creations. I hope his parks are everything he wished they would be. The fact that Roy stepped in after his brother’s death brought tears to my eyes honestly. I’m a sap and it just made me feel emotional. It’s such a place of magic and wonder for so many, I am so thankful to Walt for providing this for us. We make memories with our families here. It’s a place where we can forget about the worries of the world for a little while. I just felt so blessed and grateful.

With that done, we decided to call it a day in Hollywood Studios.

I love the atmosphere here!!

This hilarious lady was having fun with a family as we walked by and saw me taking her photo. She stopped what she was doing, didn’t say a word and just turned to me and posed. Hahaha!! Morghan and I laughed forever at her!

And with that, we were off to Animal Kingdom!! Woot!

(updated 2/20/14)

Last edited by Lovemy3babes; 05-16-2013 at 12:14 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #93
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Great update! I was at you two trying to find your way back in the dark!!

What a fun and productive morning at HS! LOVE Morghan's Twins shirt of course! You got some cute pictures of the two of you! I've never seen anyone with the "chip" magic picture before!

Those cupcakes are just ridiculous!

Someday you really do need to see Fantasmic!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:16 AM   #94
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Slap me on the wrist if you must but I still have never seen Fantasmic. Someday…

But you are forgiven only because you did make time for...

Quote:

Before we left for AK, One Man’s Dream was on my list. I have always walked past here on other trips, so made a note not to miss it this time!

Your POR pictures are nice. I love walking around that resort. It's so pretty and peaceful. I love walking along the river between POR and POFQ.

Getting lost in the dark and having a laughfest - that will be a sweet memory for the two of you for the rest of your lives.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #95
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great pics!
Old 05-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #96
Lovemy3babes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Great update! I was at you two trying to find your way back in the dark!!

What a fun and productive morning at HS! LOVE Morghan's Twins shirt of course! You got some cute pictures of the two of you! I've never seen anyone with the "chip" magic picture before!

Those cupcakes are just ridiculous!

Someday you really do need to see Fantasmic!
It was a really fun morning at HS! I knew you'd like her Twins shirt for sure Sheree. Those cupcakes are seriously something else. You could share with the whole family and all would be satisfied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post

But you are forgiven only because you did make time for...

Your POR pictures are nice. I love walking around that resort. It's so pretty and peaceful. I love walking along the river between POR and POFQ.

Getting lost in the dark and having a laughfest - that will be a sweet memory for the two of you for the rest of your lives.
I promise I will try and get to Fantasmic in 2014, our next trip! MeMom, you would giggle at how crazy we looked in the dark. It is definitely something we will always remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great pics!
Hi there, thank you!

(updated 2/20/14)
Old 05-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #97
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Fun morning. I haven't been to Fantasmic ever either. I would like to see it, but I don't think Claire would yet at this point.
We tried Starring rolls for a cupcake for the first time in Nov and that cupcake was so yummy!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #98
Lovemy3babes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Fun morning. I haven't been to Fantasmic ever either. I would like to see it, but I don't think Claire would yet at this point.
We tried Starring rolls for a cupcake for the first time in Nov and that cupcake was so yummy!
Ok, then I don't feel so sad since you haven't seen Fantasmic either Jen. Shame on us! Starring Rolls cupcakes are heavenly! So, so yummy!

(updated 2/20/14)
Old 05-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #99
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Great update Kelli!

I know what you mean about getting off the bus at POR in the dark, those winding paths can be a little confusing!

Looks like a super great morning at DHS!! My favorite place to be! Love RNRC, TOT, and GMR!! You got to do all those and more! I'm so glad you got to do One Man's Dream. It is very touching.

I had the same feelings about Starring Rolls. It's WAY too small in there, hard to navigate, and not enough seating outside. We went once and I don't think we will go back. I had the ham sandwich and it had some pretty gross dressing on it.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your day!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #100
Lovemy3babes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Great update Kelli!

I know what you mean about getting off the bus at POR in the dark, those winding paths can be a little confusing!

Looks like a super great morning at DHS!! My favorite place to be! Love RNRC, TOT, and GMR!! You got to do all those and more! I'm so glad you got to do One Man's Dream. It is very touching.

I had the same feelings about Starring Rolls. It's WAY too small in there, hard to navigate, and not enough seating outside. We went once and I don't think we will go back. I had the ham sandwich and it had some pretty gross dressing on it.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your day!
I knew you loved HS too Shelly! Our big kiddos sure love their big rides, don't they?! Morghan will be glad to know you felt the same way about the ham sandwich. She wasn't thrilled at all.

(updated 2/20/14)
Old 06-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #101
Lovemy3babes

Hi everyone! I finally have a small update put together. I decided to cut them a little shorter so I could update more often than I have been.

After we were all finished up at Hollywood Studios, it was time to head over to Animal Kingdom! I like to have a full day for each park but this trip was so short. We had to split two parks so we chose DHS and AK. I’m so thankful that Disney offers a bus between these two parks. How handy! (thank you to MeMom for the tip and photo of the bus board!) There were only a handful of people waiting for the AK bus and we did have a bit of a wait but not too, too long. Soon we were there!

There were lots of these cute little creatures all over the ground. Morghan wanted one as a pet! She’s a big animal lover and she hasn’t met one that doesn’t become a friend.

Hello Animal Kingdom! It’s been too long!

This park is so beautiful! It’s very photogenic. There is just something about the way Animal Kingdom is as the day winds down. So peaceful.

Look who we saw! DiVine!

People were milling about, very fascinated with her. I had not seen her in person so was excited to finally catch a glimpse. I’ve read about her before so thought to myself how lucky I was to actually see her with my own two eyes.

Seriously, do NOT forget your shoes! That would be bad.

Expedition Everest was first of course. We decided that Morghan would single ride first and we’d pull fastpasses for a bit later for both of us. I could only ride once but Morghan could ride over and over without getting sick. I love thrill rides but once is my limit.

Then we headed over to the Safari. The crowds were quite busy this time of day.

I will only post a few pictures since I am sure you have seen a million, billon of these.

If I were an elephant, I would definitely want to be a Disney elephant!

Lazy, sleeping kitties-

Time check for EE-

We had some time to kill so we thought a snack sounded good. Morghan wanted a Mickey ice cream bar and I wanted something I have read about on other reports and just had to try for myself. Guess what it was? I knew that they had these in Animal Kingdom but wasn't sure if they are in any other parks. Any ideas? A yummy jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzel! I was on a mission and we looked everywhere for a cart that sold them. Oh yes! Morghan thought I was a little embarassing hunting this down like a fanatic. I asked a few CMs and was so thankful one finally knew what I was talking about when I described this spicy pretzel. I had it in my notes to remember to try!

(only at Disney would I pay $1.49 for ONE banana!!!)

Yummy, right? It lived up to the hype!

We spotted this wonderful CM! Her and Morghan became friends quickly, chatting about various things. She's so pretty too and never stopped smiling! Just a genuinely nice person.

And Morghan also did something she had wanted to do for a long time. She got a henna tattoo! She was fabulous with Morghan.

The henna tattoo was beautiful, very well done and lasted quite a long time. It's a great souvenir for a teenager. Of course Morghan had to text a photo to a hundred of her closest friends. You know how teenager girls are!

Where would we go next?

(updated 2/20/14)
Old 06-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #102
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Signing on! I am dying to take my DD on a trip, just the 2 of us! So hard to justify all the expense on just the 1/2 the family.

You TR is making me more determined than ever
I may have to start a secret stash!

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #103
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Great update Kelli!

I don't think I knew they ran a bus between AK and DHS. How convenient!

Great pictures of AK! My boys love those little lizards at WDW! They actually caught one once and wanted to take it home, but I made them let it go! I know, I'm so mean.

That's great that you got to see DiVine! DS14 and I saw her a few years ago. It was awesome to finally see her in person. Glad you found your pretzel and it was good. Morghan's henna tattoo looks very cute!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #104
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I promise I will try and get to Fantasmic in 2014, our next trip! MeMom, you would giggle at how crazy we looked in the dark. It is definitely something we will always remember.
I can totally see this being me and Jill. We laugh at everything when we get to Disney World.

And I am holding you to that Fantasmic promise!
When are you going in 2014?

Quote:

People were milling about, very fascinated with her. I had not seen her in person so was excited to finally catch a glimpse. I’ve read about her before so thought to myself how lucky I was to actually see her with my own two eyes.
That was good that you got to see DeVine, since you had not seen her before. She's kinda cool, but she also kinda creeps me out. I like to see her just to a) get a picture and b) watch the reactions of others, but I'm not one for standing there watching her for long.

Quote:

We had some time to kill so we thought a snack sounded good. Morghan wanted a Mickey ice cream bar and I wanted something I have read about on other reports and just had to try for myself. Guess what it was? I knew that they had these in Animal Kingdom but wasn't sure if they are in any other parks. Any ideas? A yummy jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzel! I was on a mission and we looked everywhere for a cart that sold them. Oh yes! Morghan thought I was a little embarassing hunting this down like a fanatic. I asked a few CMs and was so thankful one finally knew what I was talking about when I described this spicy pretzel. I had it in my notes to remember to try!

Yummy, right? It lived up to the hype!
I had a small section of one of these a long time ago, but I can't remember now if it was too spicy/hot for me. I don't know if I didn't eat more just because I was sharing, because I wasn't hungry, or because it was too much. I guess I'll have to try again so I can remember.

Quote:

We spotted this wonderful CM! Her and Morghan became friends quickly, chatting about various things. She's so pretty too and never stopped smiling! Just a genuinely nice person.

Awww, that's fun. Friendly castmembers make for special moments in a trip.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:08 PM   #105
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

It's almost bedtime, so I'm too tired to quote. I'll try to remember what I wanted to comment on.

You WILL see Fantasmic! 2014 isn't very far away!! Do you have dates yet?

Those cupcakes from Starring Rolls are just huge! Ridiculously HUGE!
But I can eat the whole thing!
Glad that you got to squeeze in a lot between the two parks in one day. I'm trying to remember whether I knew there was a bus between DHS and AK. It seems like something I should know, but maybe not!

Devine - yeah, cool and creepy at the same time. Not sure what I think about her.

I tried a jalapeno pretzel for the first time at AK in October too! Pretty dang good!

I think that CM might have done one of my girls' henna tattoos also! I should go back and look at the pictures and see if she's in them.

Ok, that's all I can think of now.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: