Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 01:51 AM   #16
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

We had an easy time taking photos of both our babies.

Lay them down against a white diaper changing pad. Take the picture, then use a passport photo resize tool online and print. (I believe there's a tool right on the .gov website.)

Cut it out bigger than you need, then wait for the passport agency lady to yell at you about the right size (bigger can be trimmed, too small and you're screwed). Works every time.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:46 AM   #17
k3chantal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDCLfan View Post
No...there is a form that you can down load from the Goverment web site,fill out,notarize and bring with you to get the passport...no need for both parents to be present. Just as a side note when our daughter was 14 I took her to get her passport renewed and was not asked for any other paper work.
Thanks for clarifying. But either way, BOTH parents must authorize that the child can have a passport. Whether you and your spouse go and get a form notarized (or have them come to you) or go and get the forms signed together is basically the same step that has to be done to have the government issue a passport for the child.

There was a law passed because of the scenarios of parents taking their children out of country without the intent of ever returning them to the US to see their other parent.

All I know is that when I called to get passports for my then 11, 7, and 18 month old in California, I was told that both parents had to come down to the office and sign the forms in front of a government official. I am sure that if I told them that this would be difficult they would have told me about notarizing the forms..........
k3chantal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: