Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 09:22 AM   #3421
Poohs Pal
DIS Veteran
Beautiful and smart so she says

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellepearle View Post
Do you know if it had a roll-in shower in both the 1BR portion and the studio portion? That's what we need. Thanks!
Yes it did. They are small showers. Dson requires a shower chair so we had to remove the shower bench for him in the master bedroom shower.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #3422
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Back from a glorious five days at the Boardwalk. We consider that a short trip, so we spend all day in the parks meaning we didn't get to use the resort facilities this time.

One issue I wanted to mention. We had trouble with the online check in. I had done it a few weeks prior to departure, providing a credit card for charges. My daughter arrived from DC three hours before us and when she tried to use her card at the Boardwalk Bakery, she was told she didn't have charging privileges. When we arrived and given our room keys, they All said not valid for charging! So the CM gave new cards that were (or so we thought). The next morning, at AK, the first thing we did was add TIW. When the CM went to add our charge she was told we reached our limit. Why? Because there was no card on file. It was quickly corrected with a call back to the resort, so nothing more than an inconvenience. And the guest services CM w kind enough to give us fastpasses for our troubles.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #3423
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
Back from a glorious five days at the Boardwalk. We consider that a short trip, so we spend all day in the parks meaning we didn't get to use the resort facilities this time.

One issue I wanted to mention. We had trouble with the online check in. I had done it a few weeks prior to departure, providing a credit card for charges. My daughter arrived from DC three hours before us and when she tried to use her card at the Boardwalk Bakery, she was told she didn't have charging privileges. When we arrived and given our room keys, they All said not valid for charging! So the CM gave new cards that were (or so we thought). The next morning, at AK, the first thing we did was add TIW. When the CM went to add our charge she was told we reached our limit. Why? Because there was no card on file. It was quickly corrected with a call back to the resort, so nothing more than an inconvenience. And the guest services CM w kind enough to give us fastpasses for our troubles.
that's odd - we apparently had the same thing happen (we were at the BWVs 5/7-17).
i noticed that our keys said not valid for charging, but had checked in O/L, and knew i put a CC on them.
it really didn't matter, as i prefer using a CC directly (also had visa rewards and GCs), but thought it was peculiar.
hope you had a GREAT time (we did )
Old 05-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #3424
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSchrow
that's odd - we apparently had the same thing happen (we were at the BWVs 5/7-17).
i noticed that our keys said not valid for charging, but had checked in O/L, and knew i put a CC on them.
it really didn't matter, as i prefer using a CC directly (also had visa rewards and GCs), but thought it was peculiar.
hope you had a GREAT time (we did )
We sure did, although it was HOT Saturday and Sunday and the seemed to be more crowds than we're used to this time of year. But to keep on topic, we walked to DHS for the first time (we always walk to EPCOT) and found it to be not as long as I expected. As I previously mentioned, bring at the end of the villas side held, although I understand the is a Path from the back of the Luna pool.

Love the changes to the bakery. The lines are longer in the morning, but there are so many more food choices now. The breakfast bowl looks delish. And try the no sugar added mango Panna cotta. Yum.

Did they have the mickey muffins before? I didn't remember, all I know was it was the first time we ordered them.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:16 PM   #3425
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much! We were in a 2BR villa at BWV in 2010 but I couldn't remember if the studio portion had a roll-in shower or not. I need a shower chair or bench and use the master bath while my grandma takes the studio portion and uses that bathroom. My grandma is elderly and needs either a roll-in or if it had to have a small step she would have to have grab bars to hold on to. Thank you so much for your help!
Old 05-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #3426
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohs Pal View Post
Yes it did. They are small showers. Dson requires a shower chair so we had to remove the shower bench for him in the master bedroom shower.
Thank you so much! We were in a 2BR villa at BWV in 2010 but I couldn't remember if the studio portion had a roll-in shower or not. I need a shower chair or bench and use the master bath while my grandma takes the studio portion and uses that bathroom. My grandma is elderly and needs either a roll-in or if it had to have a small step she would have to have grab bars to hold on to. Thank you so much for your help!
Old 05-20-2013, 05:22 PM   #3427
Disbug
WL Vet
Has recommendations from very important people!
I believe in finding enchantment wherever it may be found!
Has a couple of princesses of her own!

Just back from BWV Stay for Mothers Day week....

Loved the new RFID room keys and tickets! We were able to put a different credit card and pin on everyone's room key... That worked out great! The bad part was on day of departure, the bill hung on the door only listed my charges. We had to go to the front desk to get everyone else's charges printed out.

Loved the new Boardwalk Bakery! Did NOT like the new Les Halles bakery in France. The chocolate croissants have barely a smear of dark chocolate and the pastry has less butter and is more of a bread-like texture. It does not have that distinctive crisp french pastry texture. It is not awful, just not worth walking to that bakery especially for a french croissant.

The Napoleons are ruined at Les Halles. They are more expensive and half the size. Totally different from before and have icing on the top instead of powdered sugar. Also, no flaky pastry layers. They look filled with custard instead of the fluffy confection they were before. Am glad for and do like the expansion of the space... just wish they could have left perfection alone and added the new items!

Kouzzina's was excellent! Ate breakfast there twice. Service was good. Drinks were good. All breakfast entrees were great. Did not care for the Joffrey's coffee that was served. Kouzzina's regular coffee was better (not talking about the press pot). Will try it again, though in a different location. I know one thing, ANYTHING has to be better than NESCAFE!

Here's wishing a great trip to those on their way to the Boardwalk! We had a totally mag time!

Last edited by Disbug; 05-20-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #3428
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disbug View Post
...Did NOT like the new Les Halles bakery in France. The chocolate croissants have barely a smear of dark chocolate and the pastry has less butter and is more of a bread-like texture. It does not have that distinctive crisp french pastry texture. It is not awful, just not worth walking to that bakery especially for a french croissant.

The Napoleons are ruined at Les Halles. They are more expensive and half the size. Totally different from before and have icing on the top instead of powdered sugar. Also, no flaky pastry layers. They look filled with custard instead of the fluffy confection they were before. Am glad for and do like the expansion of the space... just wish they could have left perfection alone and added the new items! ...
Totally agree with you on the French Bakery. It is not nearly as good as it was before (pastry-wise). I can't tell you anything about the non-pastries, though. The Napoleon is terrible, tough to chew, it just squeezes out the custard.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:15 AM   #3429
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

That's too bad about the Napoleon that was DH fave! Ill have to be sure to tell him, we planned on having lunch here one day in Sept, the croquet monsieur and pastries and drink..
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 05-21-2013, 06:43 AM   #3430
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

I TOTALLY AGREE on the new France Bakery. I don't ever need to go there again. In March we waited in line 15 min to get up there & realize there was NOTHING we wanted. They took away some of the pastries, including my favorite, the raspberry shuss. We left without buying anything. In April the wait wasn't as long but once again, we decided we didn't want anything & left. Kringla has a better selection now.

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 05-21-2013, 07:03 AM   #3431
Disbug
WL Vet
Has recommendations from very important people!
I believe in finding enchantment wherever it may be found!
Has a couple of princesses of her own!

Good suggestion about Kringla... I will give it a try on our next trip!

BTW, this years Flower and Garden Festival seemed much better than last year's. It was lush and abundant with topiaries! I loved the multiple play areas for the kiddos... there was also some nice covered rest areas for the parents to sit and watch their children play. (The only thing missing was a drink cart to make it absolutely perfect!)

The addition of the food kiosks was a great idea, but we literally did not try them until the last day. The light and refreshing salads, slushies, and pork sliders were a hit! The items we didn't try were all of the "hot, comfort food" items more in line with the cooler months. The end of the festival was HOT during the afternoon so, we chose snacks that were refreshing and not heavy.

Also, did anyone else find the overall kiosk prices to be higher than at the F&W festival? Might be my imagination, but it seemed to be pricier...(is that a word?)
Old 05-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #3432
mastermind307
Mouseketeer

We will be arriving at BWV in 11 days! I have just a couple of quick questions I hope somebody on here can answer.

1. I am going to order my mom a birthday cake from the bakery and have it delivered to our room. Is the frige in a studio big enough to hold left overs? I plan to order the mickey shaped cake. There are only 3 of us so I'm hoping to store the cake in the fridge so we can eat on it all week.

2. We will be driving down and plan to bring food with us. There are only a couple of cold items we'll want. Does the giftshop sell milk and butter? Do they have any lunch meat? I know if I will pay more, but it would be more convenient to just buy it there after our room is ready.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:57 AM   #3433
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind307 View Post
We will be arriving at BWV in 11 days! I have just a couple of quick questions I hope somebody on here can answer.

1. I am going to order my mom a birthday cake from the bakery and have it delivered to our room. Is the frige in a studio big enough to hold left overs? I plan to order the mickey shaped cake. There are only 3 of us so I'm hoping to store the cake in the fridge so we can eat on it all week.

2. We will be driving down and plan to bring food with us. There are only a couple of cold items we'll want. Does the giftshop sell milk and butter? Do they have any lunch meat? I know if I will pay more, but it would be more convenient to just buy it there after our room is ready.
Yes the fridge will hold the leftovers - you may need to cut it into pieces to fit, but it will fit!

The Screen Door on The Boardwalk (not accessible from inside BWI or BWV) does sell milk, butter, eggs, I think packages of cold cuts, etc. The smaller shop inside BWI/BWV does not.

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 05-21-2013, 08:25 AM   #3434
mastermind307
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post

Yes the fridge will hold the leftovers - you may need to cut it into pieces to fit, but it will fit!

The Screen Door on The Boardwalk (not accessible from inside BWI or BWV) does sell milk, butter, eggs, I think packages of cold cuts, etc. The smaller shop inside BWI/BWV does not.
Thanks
Old 05-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #3435
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
We sure did, although it was HOT Saturday and Sunday and the seemed to be more crowds than we're used to this time of year. But to keep on topic, we walked to DHS for the first time (we always walk to EPCOT) and found it to be not as long as I expected. As I previously mentioned, bring at the end of the villas side held, although I understand the is a Path from the back of the Luna pool.

Love the changes to the bakery. The lines are longer in the morning, but there are so many more food choices now. The breakfast bowl looks delish. And try the no sugar added mango Panna cotta. Yum.

Did they have the mickey muffins before? I didn't remember, all I know was it was the first time we ordered them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disbug View Post
Loved the new RFID room keys and tickets! We were able to put a different credit card and pin on everyone's room key... That worked out great! The bad part was on day of departure, the bill hung on the door only listed my charges. We had to go to the front desk to get everyone else's charges printed out.

Loved the new Boardwalk Bakery! Did NOT like the new Les Halles bakery in France. The chocolate croissants have barely a smear of dark chocolate and the pastry has less butter and is more of a bread-like texture. It does not have that distinctive crisp french pastry texture. It is not awful, just not worth walking to that bakery especially for a french croissant.

The Napoleons are ruined at Les Halles. They are more expensive and half the size. Totally different from before and have icing on the top instead of powdered sugar. Also, no flaky pastry layers. They look filled with custard instead of the fluffy confection they were before. Am glad for and do like the expansion of the space... just wish they could have left perfection alone and added the new items!

Kouzzina's was excellent! Ate breakfast there twice. Service was good. Drinks were good. All breakfast entrees were great. Did not care for the Joffrey's coffee that was served. Kouzzina's regular coffee was better (not talking about the press pot). Will try it again, though in a different location. I know one thing, ANYTHING has to be better than NESCAFE!

Here's wishing a great trip to those on their way to the Boardwalk! We had a totally mag time!
Welcome back home to both of you and thank you for posting about your experiences - very helpful to others
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: