Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #1381
CupcakeKelly
This sleeve of Thin Mints IS my breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Yippee! Would you like to be added to the Log-orail, too?
I would love to! I love seeing my name on these lists, it never gets old

2014 Reading Challenge - Goal: 25 books
Completed: 6 of 25 - #1 Uglies ~ #2 The Maze Runner ~ #3 The Scorch Trials ~ #4 Matched ~ #5 Crossed ~ #6 Reached

Currently Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
Old 05-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #1382
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolobug View Post
Can someone PLEASE tell me which rooms have the best views of the fireworks? My husband told me he wants to stay where he did when he was a kid but he doesn't know which room it was. ALSO, can I get this room if I go with a DVC rental? Thank you!
You cannot book any rooms at the Contemporary Resort on DVC points. You can book Bay Lake Tower villas on DVC points.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #1383
Jonathan Swift
I'm being sarcastic...or am I?

Any tips on garden view rooms? Should we ask for patio or close to transportation?
Old 05-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #1384
closetmickey
DIS Veteran

I would like to hear others' opinions on this as well. I have garden view booked and requested ground floor, close to main building, in that order.

4/14- 7nt Eastern on the FANTASY! 11/13- Weekend at DLR and stay at Disneyland Hotel
8/13- CR at WDW/ 4nt Cruise on DREAM! 6/12- Poly/POR Split Stay at WDW
8/11- DLR and stay at Grand Californian 1/11- 2 night Cruise to Nowhere on WONDER
10/10- DLR/ Mickey's Halloween Party and stay at Paradise Pier
2/10- WDW and a Week stay at the AKL 2/10- 4 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
6/09- DLR- Stay at Paradise Pier 4/09- DLR/ Club 33- Stay at Disneyland Hotel
10/08- Halloween Party at DCA 3/08- 3 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
2/08- WDW and stay at The Beach Club 10/07- Halloween Party at DCA and stay at GCH
Other trips to DLR- too many to count since 1969
Old 05-20-2013, 08:27 PM   #1385
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Kook, I may have changed my resort.

Nope, I definitely did.

But, given how familiar you are with my "affliction", I am sure you put me on the Logorail with that special erasable pen.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 05-20-2013, 11:00 PM   #1386
Iwanabatdisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
When the second bedroom has two queen beds, that is a dedicated two bedroom villa. It cannot be split up into a one bedroom and studio. The two bedroom with a queen bed and double sleeper sofa in the second bedroom would be a lockoff two bedroom. It can be locked between the one bedroom portion and the studio and sold separately.

You need a dedicated two bedroom villa. If you booked this through Disney Reservation Center, call them and ask to put dedicated on your reservation. You may or may not get it. If you booked on points, your reservation should say dedicated or lockoff already. I would make the request now otherwise it might not be available when you arrive.
Thanks for the fantastic advice! I called and asked to have "dedicated" added to our room reservation. We are not DVC, nor are we renting points. I'll also take your advice and call a couple of weeks before we arrive to see how the availability is. Thanks for responding to my question.
2010 - Swan (for a conference)
2013 - Bay Lake Tower (family trip, our grandson's first trip to Disney!)

Old 05-21-2013, 04:33 AM   #1387
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonomom View Post
Kook,

The water wasn't out. People were asking for it. They had a dispenser of filtered water sitting in the lounge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
It will not fit in the closet. The laundry room MIGHT fit it with the door open, but only in rooms on the inner curve (odd numbered rooms) as even rooms have a tiny laundry closet. It might fit in the alcove right when you walk in the room, by the first bathroom.
Glad you mentioned the distinction between the inner and outer facing one bedroom villas. We were in an outer villa and I knew there wasn't a laundry room, just a closet with stackable W/D. I had no idea the inner villas have a laundry room so thanks for posting this information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsJason View Post
Does anyone know if the boats between MK and the resorts stop running during the Electric Water Pageant (not sure if name is right)?

Also just a general question. If you have bought Disney Gift Cards can you apply them when you check in and place them on your room key/MagicBand to pay for tips and whatnot?
Yes, they do stop running if they are near the EWP. In fact, if you time it just right, you can have a fantastic view of the EWP while the boats stop for a few minutes.

I don't see why you couldn't apply the GC to your account upon arrival, but I've never done it so hopefully someone else will know for sure. I know DISers who buy them at Target with a 5% discount then buy tickets, even APs, at the Disney Store with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeKelly View Post
I would love to! I love seeing my name on these lists, it never gets old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Swift View Post
Any tips on garden view rooms? Should we ask for patio or close to transportation?
I wouldn't bother with "close to transportation" because the difference between the closest and furthest GW room to the Tower is maybe a couple of minutes.

Some like a high floor for a better view and to have no one above them. Some prefer a patio for easier access to the outdoors for their kids or so they can sit outside. We loved facing Bay Lake. The view is amazing and if you book a Garden View room, you can request this, but it can't be guaranteed. But, if you only request to be "facing Bay Lake," your odds will improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Kook, I may have changed my resort.

Nope, I definitely did.

But, given how familiar you are with my "affliction", I am sure you put me on the Logorail with that special erasable pen.
Where are you now? No problem and I use the same special erasing quill for you, pas130 and me (more on that later)
Old 05-21-2013, 04:59 AM   #1388
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Also just a general question. If you have bought Disney Gift Cards can you apply them when you check in and place them on your room key/MagicBand to pay for tips and whatnot?
I don't know the reasoning behind it, but I do know that you won't be able to apply Gift Cards to your room when you check in. What we have done is every 2-3 days go to the front desk and apply them to any charges we have made up to that point. I've tried multiple times to have them applied at check in and have always been told they can't do it. I have also seen many others here on the DIS state the same thing.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:30 AM   #1389
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Glad you mentioned the distinction between the inner and outer facing one bedroom villas. We were in an outer villa and I knew there wasn't a laundry room, just a closet with stackable W/D. I had no idea the inner villas have a laundry room so thanks for posting this information.

Yes, they do stop running if they are near the EWP. In fact, if you time it just right, you can have a fantastic view of the EWP while the boats stop for a few minutes.

I don't see why you couldn't apply the GC to your account upon arrival, but I've never done it so hopefully someone else will know for sure. I know DISers who buy them at Target with a 5% discount then buy tickets, even APs, at the Disney Store with them.

I wouldn't bother with "close to transportation" because the difference between the closest and furthest GW room to the Tower is maybe a couple of minutes.

Some like a high floor for a better view and to have no one above them. Some prefer a patio for easier access to the outdoors for their kids or so they can sit outside. We loved facing Bay Lake. The view is amazing and if you book a Garden View room, you can request this, but it can't be guaranteed. But, if you only request to be "facing Bay Lake," your odds will improve.

Where are you now? No problem and I use the same special erasing quill for you, pas130 and me (more on that later)
AOA!

This is supposed to be a cheap, churn and burn, quickie trip...booking at CR does NOT qualify as cheap.

Switched to AOA LM room. PIF! BFF and I won't be in room hardly at all anyway, so it's all good, and The Little Mermaid is one of my faves!

And whats going on with you?????

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 05-21-2013, 09:24 AM   #1390
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
AOA!

This is supposed to be a cheap, churn and burn, quickie trip...booking at CR does NOT qualify as cheap.

Switched to AOA LM room. PIF! BFF and I won't be in room hardly at all anyway, so it's all good, and The Little Mermaid is one of my faves!

Old 05-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #1391
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
I don't know the reasoning behind it, but I do know that you won't be able to apply Gift Cards to your room when you check in. What we have done is every 2-3 days go to the front desk and apply them to any charges we have made up to that point. I've tried multiple times to have them applied at check in and have always been told they can't do it. I have also seen many others here on the DIS state the same thing.
Thank you for posting about the gift cards and how to apply them

Quote:
AOA!

Cute change and I think you and BFF will have a great time no matter where you stay! You'll be in a practically new room and steps away from an Elvis cupcake so what's there not to love?

Removed myself from the Log-orail after canceling three room-only reservations. DH's work commitments expanded which won't allow for more than a week of leave at a time. Ironically, he has accrued so much leave that he has two weeks 'use or lose' so we're looking at two separate vacations instead of one, where we can drive to in one day. So instead of WDW this summer, we'll be staying again in a beautiful cabin in the Pigeon Forge, TN area and a favorite resort of ours here in VA.

Sorry to be off topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
It's all good as you so famously say
Old 05-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #1392
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you for posting about the gift cards and how to apply them

Cute change and I think you and BFF will have a great time no matter where you stay! You'll be in a practically new room and steps away from an Elvis cupcake so what's there not to love?

Removed myself from the Log-orail after canceling three room-only reservations. DH's work commitments expanded which won't allow for more than a week of leave at a time. Ironically, he has accrued so much leave that he has two weeks 'use or lose' so we're looking at two separate vacations instead of one, where we can drive to in one day. So instead of WDW this summer, we'll be staying again in a beautiful cabin in the Pigeon Forge, TN area and a favorite resort of ours here in VA.

Sorry to be off topic

It's all good as you so famously say
Kook, I am so sorry you all had to change your vacation. I know you'll have a great time in TN, but please know I hope you'll be back "home" soon!
This is one difficult year for govt employees, very frustrating. Trying to plan anything is challenging.
Sending hugs your way!
Old 05-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #1393
ThisIsJason
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That is what I thought. Thanks. Going from Hoop-Dee-Doo back to MK the boat took a while to get to the docks to pick us up. I could have sworn the driver said it was because of EWP.

Next time we go we plan on getting a few gift cards from Target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
If thats they way it has to be done, so be it. Last May when I got that last day charge bill . Anything will help to save a few bucks.
AKV DVC Owner
Old 05-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #1394
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Kook, I am so sorry you all had to change your vacation. I know you'll have a great time in TN, but please know I hope you'll be back "home" soon!
This is one difficult year for govt employees, very frustrating. Trying to plan anything is challenging.
Sending hugs your way!
Thanks so much, I knew you would understand completely and you made me feel much better

Quote:
That is what I thought. Thanks. Going from Hoop-Dee-Doo back to MK the boat took a while to get to the docks to pick us up. I could have sworn the driver said it was because of EWP.

Next time we go we plan on getting a few gift cards from Target.

If thats they way it has to be done, so be it. Last May when I got that last day charge bill . Anything will help to save a few bucks.
You're welcome and I'm glad dansdad chimed in so you can use up those GCs
Old 05-22-2013, 07:30 AM   #1395
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks so much, I knew you would understand completely and you made me feel much better

You're welcome and I'm glad dansdad chimed in so you can use up those GCs
Sorry you had to cancel, Kook. Maybe next year you can make it up with a 4-way split stay. Enjoy the local vacations though!!! I imagine that cabin has the WL feel that you love.

Regarding the poster's question on the gift cards, just be sure to add the last of them before your last night when the run the bill on the credit card. I think they can reverse, but it gets much more difficult.

Also for the 1-bedroom inner and outer ring difference at BLT, as said, the inner ring has a small laundry room that was great for storing luggage, laundry bags before doing the laundry, extra closet space for hanging clothes, etc. However, the outer ring rooms have a much bigger living room instead. I don't know the sqft difference, but it's noticeable in pictures. We definitely thought the living room was big enough, and not a problem at all, but for a big family with a lot of people sleeping in that living room it might make a difference.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: