Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #1
j&j620
DIS Veteran

Mixology?

Hi everyone!

I've read a lot on here about the mixology classes and DH and I are hoping we will be able to get spots during our upcoming cruise on the Fantasy. I seem to recall reading somewhere that sometimes additional sessions are added and I was just wondering how common that is. I know it probably depends on the demand for it on each individual cruise, but if it's sold out by the time we board (we're coming from WDW and using Disney transportation) what are the chances that they will add a class?

I have a feeling it might just be a luck of the draw thing, but doesn't hurt to ask, right?

No ticker for me

June 2009 - Disneymoon Poly/Disney Wonder / August 2010 - Family trip POFQ
July 2011 - 2nd Anniversary/graduate school graduation trip WL / Nov/Dec 2011 - Christmas trip with the in-laws Poly
July 2013 - 4th Anniversary Cruise YC/Disney Fantasy / September 2014 - 5th Anniversary/10 day extravaganza GF
j&j620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #2
PirateMel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by j&j620 View Post
Hi everyone!

I've read a lot on here about the mixology classes and DH and I are hoping we will be able to get spots during our upcoming cruise on the Fantasy. I seem to recall reading somewhere that sometimes additional sessions are added and I was just wondering how common that is. I know it probably depends on the demand for it on each individual cruise, but if it's sold out by the time we board (we're coming from WDW and using Disney transportation) what are the chances that they will add a class?

I have a feeling it might just be a luck of the draw thing, but doesn't hurt to ask, right?
We went to GS after we got on the ship and the classes were available for when we looking for, but was told they book up fast. Fantasy mixology with Dimietri (SP) was an okay experience but would not go out of my way to book it again.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

As soon as we boarded we went straight to the bar where they were handling dining changes and there was a table to book mixology and other drinking classes.

Ours was only held on last sea day so don't if they would have been able to add a class.

Our class had several no shows, so if it's full pop in anyway and they might let you pay then and there if there are extra spots??

I think my family preferred the martini class!
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #4
j&j620
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for your responses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetotraveltx View Post
I think my family preferred the martini class!
Ooooh, I will keep that in mind!

No ticker for me

June 2009 - Disneymoon Poly/Disney Wonder / August 2010 - Family trip POFQ
July 2011 - 2nd Anniversary/graduate school graduation trip WL / Nov/Dec 2011 - Christmas trip with the in-laws Poly
July 2013 - 4th Anniversary Cruise YC/Disney Fantasy / September 2014 - 5th Anniversary/10 day extravaganza GF
j&j620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #5
natmom
Mouseketeer

We just got off the dream 2 weeks ago. We attended the mixology class. I really enjoyed the drinks, but it is a very interactive class... Attendees mixed the drinks. I am very shy and didn't like that aspect of the class, if the Martini class is different I would have chosen that instead.
natmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:18 PM   #6
kbphares23
Earning My Ears

Do you have to pay for the class? Do they do these on the Wonder?
kbphares23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:22 PM   #7
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbphares23 View Post
Do you have to pay for the class? Do they do these on the Wonder?
Yes. It's $15 and should be available on the Wonder.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: