Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 12:57 PM   #316
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Just caught up....love all your pics!
Old 05-20-2013, 05:59 PM   #317
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Love reading your TR, you're making me so excited for ours on Friday! Sounds like everything went really well!
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #318
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Just caught up....love all your pics!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegirl76 View Post
Love reading your TR, you're making me so excited for ours on Friday! Sounds like everything went really well!
Thanks! You should be excited, you'll have a blast! It did all go very well, just waiting on the BEO now

Married at the Wedding Pavilion & Grand Floridan - 2013

Disney Fantasy - October 2013 Honeymoon!
Disney Wonder - November 2014 Anniversary Trip

Expedition Everest Challenge - 2012
Disney Princess Half Marathon - 2012
Glass Slipper Challenge - 2013

Way too many WDW trips to count!
tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #319
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Planning Session TR – Day One: The Planning Session! Part 4

Day one is finally coming to a close! Really, though, it was an awesome day and I’m so thankful for this PJ to help me remember it in the future. Once the wedding’s over I’ll have to print out my whole PJ so I can always look back on our wedding planning time.

SO…once the tasting was over we headed back to the lobby of the GF convention center and said goodbye to Jessica. It was time to check-in at Port Orleans Riverside. We pretty much had the whole afternoon to just get settled in our rooms. Once we arrived we checked in, my parents bought their park tickets for the day at concierge, and then we went to our rooms and crashed. Before napping, my dad and I took a walk across the river and past the pool to the gift shop to get some stuff. I really like the gift shop at POR (Fulton’s General Store) for some reason. There’s just so much activity up in the main building with the Fulton’s, the bar, the lobby, and both the restaurants. It’s a fun place!

We pretty much just spent the afternoon napping in the rooms and relaxing after the busy morning. Ryan and I watched the WDW “Must Dos” that are always on TV in the resort rooms. So cheesy but I love it!

We had a 7:25 ADR at Boatwrights Dining Hall that night so eventually we did have to get up. It’s great to have a somewhat nice sit-down place for dinner right in your resort. We were treating my parents to dinner (thanks for the wedding!) and then we planned to spend the rest of the night at River Roost to see Yeeha Bob’s show!

Once we arrived at Boatwrights we were seated pretty quickly. I’ve seen mixed reviews on this restaurant but I really loved the food. I’m a southern girl (born in North Carolina, live in Florida now though) so how can you go wrong with sweet tea and corn bread?! Just watch out, some of their dishes are SPICY! Everyone’s food was great as was the service.

*I have some pictures from dinner but they are just so huge and photobucket is driving me nuts so moving on...*

After dinner it was time for drinks at River Roost and Bob’s show! We had seen Bob for the first time on our site visit trip and we’ve talked about him like crazy ever since so we were excited for my parents to see his show. He’s really so much more than a piano player, he’s an entertainer! So funny and fun. He recently received the Disney Legacy Award if that gives you any idea of his awesomeness. He actually has it on display up on his little stage. Needless to say my parents LOVED the show and we had a blast. We all had to go up and dance at some point and we even ended up in some sort of conga line. It was too fun.

After his show is over, Bob tells everyone to come up and take a picture with him so of course we had to go up. My dad mentioned we would be here for our wedding in October to him and Bob said to bring everybody and we’d have a great time! So now we’re seriously considering doing a very informal welcome get together for everyone who’s in town two days before the wedding at River Roost to enjoy Bob’ show. I know other DIS brides have done this and it looked like a really good time. We wouldn’t really pay for anything, it would just be a “hey, we’re gonna be here at this time, come hang out!” sort of thing. It’s a lounge/bar so they have bar food and drinks if you want but there’s no pressure to buy everyone dinner or something. I think that would be so fun!

Clapping along

Ryan loves Bob!

All of us with Bob. You can see his award off to the left in the picture frame.

Afterwards we were all super tired (again) so we headed back to our rooms to get some shuteye.

Up next: Day Two - Epcot and Hollywood Studios

Married at the Wedding Pavilion & Grand Floridan - 2013

Disney Fantasy - October 2013 Honeymoon!
Disney Wonder - November 2014 Anniversary Trip

Expedition Everest Challenge - 2012
Disney Princess Half Marathon - 2012
Glass Slipper Challenge - 2013

Way too many WDW trips to count!
tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #320
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

Your food tasting sounds like everything was so good! I don't think you could go wrong opting to keep the steak over the pork if it was that amazing.
Maybe the trees had something to do with the topiaries in Epcot? That is definitely odd in May, though.
I am so glad you posted a review of Boatwrights. I had always wanted to try it, but I had always seen such mixed reviews. It sounded like a blast. I may have to check it out next year
Old 05-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #321
gelandnick
Mouseketeer

I'm just joining in and having a great time reading all about your planning!
gelandnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #322
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

I am sooo jealous of your food tasting right now! Everything sounds (and looks) so, so good!

I've never seen Yeehaw Bob's show. I need to make my way over there some time. I hear so many great things about him!

Sounds like you had a really great planning day. Fantastic! Looking forward to reading more!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #323
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I loved all the planning session info!!! DF and I got engaged two weeks ago and we have our site visit on July 5th! I simply can't wait!! I have a billion questions to ask the wedding planner Michelle and I'm hoping she doesn't mind answering everything! We're hoping for WP and GF for reception on a week day at noon next summer so I'm hoping we will get something!! I'm going to go back and read about your site visit!
Old 06-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #324
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

When you took pics of the bride and grooms vestibule rooms..are you able to use those before the wedding?? I had read someone else's report and it didn't mention any dressing rooms?
Old 06-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #325
DiSnEyLvR76
Mouseketeer

I just finished reading all of your reports! I quickly became hooked because I'm also doing Pewter and blush pink, so you are giving me alot of inspiration! We are hoping for 10/4/14 at WP and GF (dont know where) I am doing a site visit with Diane, while down there for our vaca 9/27/13-10/5/13! Cant wait to hear more, and see how your day turns out!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #326
LindsayHD
Earning My Ears

Hi Lindsay!!!!

Oh my gosh, just got finished reading your entire pj and I LOVE it. I am a fellow Lindsay from South Florida. There is so much I have learned from you, not just about Disney but about South Florida. I moved here about 19 months ago and I didn't really know where to go dress shopping but where you went with all your friends sounds like so much fun - Plus the way they helped you in the store is exactly what I am looking for.

I also love all the info on the marathons. It is on my bucket list to run in a Disney Marathon one day. I am in the process of Couch to 5k and My ultimate goal is at least half a marathon. I am not sure if I can do it before the wedding, because it just might not fit into the budget.

Also I cannot believe you won a photobooth. That's so awesome to hear. I could be going to a similar bridal show so it is so cool to hear that someone has won one. You have such wonderful information and I cannot wait to read as it gets closer and closer to your wedding day.

Our Planning Journal

Larry & Lindsay... FINALLY Getting Married in Disney September 2014!!

LindsayHD is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: