Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #3016
CapnJacksGirl
Mom to two little scalliwags!

Has anyone that's going the latter couple of dates in the latest pin offer had any success with just calling and finding they had a pin? We check in 11/30 and I've called a couple of times with no success. I've seen some October-goers commenting here that they called and called then got one but no later date ones. Just wondering if I'm wasting my time and the poor reservation CMs! I'll keep trying and waiting for the Disney Visa announcement.....

CapnJacksGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #3017
theduhaimes
Mouseketeer

We are going 12/1-12/8. I called today (again!) but I still do not have a pin. The CM did tell me that they are still releasing the pins in waves. She also said that the offer should go public and hinted that it could be as early as June. I am not sure if she really knows what she is talking about but my hopes are up!

Me(43) DH(47) DS17 DD11 DS8 DS5

theduhaimes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2013, 09:02 AM   #3018
Lolobean1976
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirendi View Post
Just curious, did you get an email with a Pin Code or did you only find out when calling. I keep calling but nothing so far. Set to go 10/24-31, so hoping to get a code or have the Visa offer come out later this summer. Just hate to wait that long. Congrats to all that get it, it can be a great savings.

I didn't receive a pin code, we have just been calling. We are traveling with another person (she is traveling solo) and she called last night and the CM siad he'd check under her "special offers" and saw that he could upgrade her to the Free Dining. Our reservations are linked with a "travel with" number, so I am not sure if she had the pin code or if we did. BUT the CM did tell her that rooms are going fast and that we should call ASAP.

DH called at 7am today and didn't even mention anything to the CM that our friend received Free Dining and she looked and said we were eligible. (I imagine they could see the reservations were linked but the CM just didn't say that). We had to upgrade to a Royal Guest room, but we still are saving @$1300!!! I just got the e-mail confirmation!! woo hoo !!
Lolobean1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #3019
talmarsh
Earning My Ears

Anyone can guess if the Aug 25 through Sep. pin offer will go GP?
talmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #3020
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by talmarsh View Post
Anyone can guess if the Aug 25 through Sep. pin offer will go GP?
Extremely unlikely. The current public offers already cover that timeframe.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #3021
KPaul
Mouseketeer

I know this question has been asked a zillion times, so sorry for repeating... but, how do I get a pin? It seems like everyone on this board gets them regularly, but I have never received one.
KPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #3022
TheWrightTrip
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPaul View Post
I know this question has been asked a zillion times, so sorry for repeating... but, how do I get a pin? It seems like everyone on this board gets them regularly, but I have never received one.
Completely and totally random. Very frustrating but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. You can order the free planning DvD, price out dates on the website while signed in with your username, but this doesn't guarantee a pin, just suggestions to make sure you're in the system.
TheWrightTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #3023
ALD85
DIS Veteran

So many people saying CM's mentioned a June release for GP offers. I hope this is true!!!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #3024
Tommyboy2529
Mouseketeer

I am going the first week of December and I keep calling to see if I have a pin with no luck. I get e mail from Disney Destinations, but it is only for the video or the letterhead. I even ask if my daughter has one, since we are traveling together, she has a discount but only is good for the end of August.
So I am keeping my fingers crossed, that one day when I call the pin will be there. Need a little pixie dust here please.
Tommyboy2529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:09 AM   #3025
lnh'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPaul View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWrightTrip View Post
Completely and totally random. Very frustrating but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. You can order the free planning DvD, price out dates on the website while signed in with your username, but this doesn't guarantee a pin, just suggestions to make sure you're in the system.
It is frustrating! We have never gotten a pin either! They have both mine and dh's email addresses. We order the DVDs each year, get information via email and snail mail all the time from dvc, personalized maps, you name it, we have tried it! We just aren't lucky people.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #3026
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

Really hoping its released soon!!
Bertnie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #3027
zamboniman333
Ye come Seeking Adventure and Saly Old Pirates, A Ye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertnie20 View Post
Really hoping its released soon!!
Me too

zamboniman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #3028
LSpell619
Earning My Ears

Free dining would be SO great for this trip! We will be there 12/1-12/6 and hoping that this offer is released to the GP!
LSpell619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:18 PM   #3029
mrskirk
Earning My Ears

Ok so I'm excited to see that there are pins for FD in the end of October for dates that I already have a reservation for. But a quick question... Does anyone else already have ressies at WDW resorts and have still gotten a pin after they've already booked? I find it unlikely that WDW would send a pin to someone who already has reservations made, but I'm just wondering. Also when do you all think that FD will be made public for the end of October?
mrskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:33 PM   #3030
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskirk View Post
Ok so I'm excited to see that there are pins for FD in the end of October for dates that I already have a reservation for. But a quick question... Does anyone else already have ressies at WDW resorts and have still gotten a pin after they've already booked? I find it unlikely that WDW would send a pin to someone who already has reservations made, but I'm just wondering. Also when do you all think that FD will be made public for the end of October?
People get PINs all the time when they are already booked. Public releases for Oct-Dec dates historically are released in July, sometimes August.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: