Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #16
TheRustyScupper
Seeing isn't Believing. Believing is Seeing.

1) Seems like several conflicting answers.
2) Will try to ask on Tuesday and see what their policy has become.
3) I know they didn't at the start, but maybe they have changed.
4) We'll check, and report back.

TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #17
lovedworld
Mouseketeer

Got my reservation this morning for BOG in November and will be asking for fries for my grandchildren if they decide they want them. I know, I know they should be happy with the mickey meatloaf and veggie but what can I say, kids love fries.
lovedworld is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2013, 12:09 PM   #18
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob NC View Post
Is this the way it was worded on the menu?
Maybe this? "with whole grain rice pilaf and seasonal vegetables"
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #19
twodogs
Mouseketeer

Ours said something like whole grain pasta with marinara and mozzarella cheese. One of my daughters asked for no sauce, and the CM offered butter on the pasta, which she declined. The pasta was a macaroni shape.
twodogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #20
mommieto3
Earning My Ears

My nephew ordered no sauce and they put shredded cheese in a dish beside on the bowl if pasta. It looked good. As for the fries, I was able to order a side of fries for my ds who is allergic to milk. Bo questions, happy cast member assisting us at the kiosk. This was this past week
mommieto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:33 PM   #21
NoSoup4U
I am Art Vandelay

Yes X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper
1) I do not remember French fries.
2) BoG has a different type of kids menu.
3) They do not cater so much to the picky eaters.
4) Guests are supposed to experience different things and tastes.
5) The BoG accomplishes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV
BoG is a themed restaurant. Think about the song that Lumiere sings in the movie. The dining experience is supposed to be elegant and special, with the kitchen preparing the best of the best. Now, of course WDW had to tone it down quite a bit so as not to plop Victoria & Albert's smack in the middle of the MK. But they are only willing to go so far. If BoG started serving hot dogs, pizza slices and French fries, do you think Lumiere would be singing proudly about his provincial French kitchen? It would ruin the theming. So to Disney's way of thinking, if people want pedestrian fare, they have 115 or so other places to get it. You go to BoG when you want to step up. There is little interest in making BoG just another run-of- the-mill fast food venue, so substitutions are not made easily if at all for less than dietary health reasons. They have sweet potato wedges for kids. If that is too "special", then Disney expects that folks will find their favorites at other CS locations. Hasn't seemed to hurt business so far.
NoSoup4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:50 PM   #22
CandiceH
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
I suppose this was on the dining plan? Otherwise I cannot imagine them refusing to sell you a side of fries...
we were on the DxDDP. She did not offer to SELL us fries, she simply kept reiterating that he couldn't have them. Like LITERALLY. Every other restaurant at Disney has been happy to sub out fries if they had them in the place, for some reason this one would not. I really don't care if it was just a mental malfunction of that waitress or if it's their policy. But for what is paid for the deluxe dining plan, I expect my kid to get something he will EAT. Especially when I talked to them prior and asked if substitutions could be made, I wasn't specific enough, apparently.

The pasta for kids was disgusting. My daughter likes spaghetti and agreed to try it and it was GROSS. She got the sauce on the side, and some shredded cheese in a bowl, all of it was cold, and I tasted the whole wheat pasta myself and it was gummy and old. Perhaps if that is all a child is given from birth, they will be happy with it, but anyone I know would not eat that. . . .I left there -angry-. I am still angry about it. Even the letter and subsequent apology has not mitigated my anger about it. It was my birthday and it was ruined by that woman at the most anticipated reservation we had for our ten days.

perhaps it's just my own training as to why I am so angry. I work at a four star resort and you never tell someone no without offering an alternative. If you don't know the alternatives, you get someone who does.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:04 PM   #23
TheRustyScupper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceH View Post
. . . we were on the DxDDP. She did not offer to SELL us fries, she simply kept reiterating that he couldn't have them . . . I expect my kid to get something he will EAT . . .

1) DDP or DxDP does not guarantee something he likes.
2) When you inquired, the CM did answer properly.
3) He did get alternatives.
4) Not WDW or BoG fault he didn't like the items or alternatives.
5) Sorry you were disappointed and angry.

Last edited by TheRustyScupper; 05-19-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #24
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceH View Post

The pasta for kids was disgusting. My daughter likes spaghetti and agreed to try it and it was GROSS. She got the sauce on the side, and some shredded cheese in a bowl, all of it was cold, and I tasted the whole wheat pasta myself and it was gummy and old. Perhaps if that is all a child is given from birth, they will be happy with it, but anyone I know would not eat that. . . .I left there -angry-. I am still angry about it. Even the letter and subsequent apology has not mitigated my anger about it. It was my birthday and it was ruined by that woman at the most anticipated reservation we had for our ten days.
Why didn't you ask to speak to the manager?

Side-stepping the french fry issue, why would you assume that they were serving the kid's pasta cold *on purpose*? Why would you go away thinking that's how it's supposed to be?

That's what DS will likely be having, and I certainly don't expect it to be served cold. If it is, I'll talk to the server. If they can't make it correct, I'll go to the manager. It's just what you do if you're getting lousy service.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:26 AM   #25
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

There's something I don't understand.

I'm not talking about anyone in particular, but, some folks want their kids to have the best of everything. They cater to their kids in everything they do in their everyday lives.

Why would a parent like this take their child to a restaurant knowing there is nothing on the menu, or nothing on the menu served in the combinations they'd like?

And then get angry at the restaurant?
Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:17 AM   #26
TheRustyScupper

Quote:
There's something I don't understand. . . . I'm not talking about anyone in particular, but, some folks want their kids to have the best of everything. They cater to their kids in everything they do in their everyday lives . . . Why would a parent like this take their child to a restaurant knowing there is nothing on the menu, or nothing on the menu served in the combinations they'd like? . . . And then get angry at the restaurant?

Nicely stated.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:21 AM   #27
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

We were there in April and had no problems with our kids getting fries. They were the big steak fries, but my kids are fine with those.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:10 AM   #28
2 Little Mermaids
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I'm not talking about anyone in particular, but, some folks want their kids to have the best of everything. They cater to their kids in everything they do in their everyday lives.

Why would a parent like this take their child to a restaurant knowing there is nothing on the menu, or nothing on the menu served in the combinations they'd like?

Agreed. I always research the restaurants before making reservations. BOG has nothing my kids would eat so we will not be eating there anytime soon. Restaurants even change the menu so I look every year and hope it doesn't change before I get there. Have been to Rose and Crown a couple times and was going to again this trip but the kids menu change so we aren't going. I wouldn't go to a restaurant with a menu I didn't like so I make sure there is something they would eat. After all it is their vacation too.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #29
bookbabe_disneynut
self-confessed Disney addict...and proud of it!

Quote:

THIS!

It isn't just with kids or at Disney restaurants that this happens...happened to us recently with my MIL. Offered to take her wherever she wanted for Mother's Day. Anywhere...her call, sky's the limit. She chose East Side Mario's, a chain Italian place...and proceeded to need/demand substitutions for EVERY part of the meal. Didn't like the dressing on the salad, got mad when they didn't have anything other than Italian. Didn't want sauce on the chicken parm, had to have potatoes instead of spaghetti as the side, didn't like the potatoes since they were wedge fries rather than the roasted chunks of potato she prefers, and on and on. We gave up by dessert. I felt like shaking her and asking, why did you pick the place if you don't like anything on the menu? However, DH never would have heard the end of it, so I kept my mouth shut... :grin:
bookbabe_disneynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #30
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

BOG has fries at lunch, for sure. They are just your run on the mill Disney fries. I had them with my sandwich last time I ate there. I believe I saw truffle fries on the menu for dinner...not sure if your kid will eat those as they do taste a bit different.
Crystal824 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: