Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Going Deluxe...

DF and I are planning on using the deluxe dining plan on our disneymoon and try some of the signature restaurants. I have never been to a signature restaurant in Disney, except for Le Cellier, I'm kind of amateur on the subject, so I need your help.

What are some of your can't-miss signature restaurant favorites?

Thanks

ME (28) DF (29)

Last edited by cbeeindisney; 05-19-2013 at 07:28 PM.
cbeeindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
kapoof
DIS Veteran

I have eaten at artist point, flying fish, yacht steak house and jinkos. I loved them all but my favorite would be jinkos. I am not an adventurous eater at all and was worried I might not like it there, but it was really really good. That is a defiant must done. Also you might want to try boma, that was very good as well.

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #3
amccu18007
DIS Veteran

We have enjoyed The Yachtsman, Narcoossee's and Callifornia Grill. This trip we are trying Flying Fish, Citricos and The Dining Room at Wolfgang Puck's. Many people like the Artist's Point as well. Have fun!
March 11-19, 2009 CSR,March 10-18, 2010 POLY March 2-10,2011 BEACH CLUB, October 23-29,2011 BEACH CLUB March 13-22,2012 Offsite, October 3-6 2012 YACHT CLUB- Presidential suite!!! Whoo-hoo!! October 1-8 2013 POR (First trip for my parents!)June 23-27, 2014 CONTEMPORARY, Oct 17-24, 2014 Orange Lake, Oct 16-23, 2015 BEACH CLUB
amccu18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:30 PM   #4
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Some of my favorites are at the Swan/Dolphin and don't take the dining plan.

of those that do:

California Grill (if it's open)
Jiko
Narcoosees
Brown Derby
Flying Fish
Citricos

Headed to Artist Point soon.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:35 PM   #5
shortnsassy730
Mouseketeer

I have been to quite a few. Cali Grill, Jiko, flying fish, yachtsman, citricos would be my top five. I've had some good meals and some so so ones at the Brown Derby and Narcoosees, but I've never had a great one.
shortnsassy730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:14 AM   #6
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

All of the Sigantures that I've been to are pretty good! Some are better than others. This would be my rough ranking:

1. Narcoossee's - this is my favorite Signature. The food and service have always been excellent. My family's favorites are the calamari, whole streamed lobster, and the almond-crusted cheesecake.
2. California Grill - good food and good service, with stunning views of WDW.
3. Artist Point - good food and good service, stunning picture windows. The cedar plank salmon is excellent, as is the cobbler.
3. Jiko - good food and service, beautiful decor. Dishes have an African twist, but are very good. My family likes the Igunday Tibs appetizer, and filet entree. The One Last Cup dessert is also very good.
3. Le Cellier - good food, okay service. Favorites are the cheddar cheese soup and filet.
6. Flying Fish - good food and service. The calamari and potato-wrapper snapper are very good.
7. Brown Derby - good food and service. Cobb salad is a favorite.
8. Yachtsman Steakhouse - good food and service, mish-mash decor. The steaks were good, but the sides were unappealing (bone marrow). Decor was a cross between nautical and cowboys, so it didn't really go well.
8. Citricos - okay food, bad service. Food was okay (had to send one dish back because it arrived cold), but service was very slow (three course dinner took about 3 hours because of long wait between courses).
10. Monsieur Paul - okay food, bad service. Food was okay, but very expensive. Service was unfriendly and didn't check on table (so drinks were not refilled).
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:49 AM   #7
lolomarie
Earning My Ears

California Grill is my favourite!
lolomarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:09 AM   #8
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

I've always had the best service & food @ Brown Derby in DHS We also like YSH as well

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on WDW Trash cans & custodial show at Tokyo DL!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #9
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeeindisney View Post
DF and I are planning on using the deluxe dining plan on our disneymoon and try some of the signature restaurants. I have never been to a signature restaurant in Disney, except for Le Cellier, I'm kind of amateur on the subject, so I need your help.

What are some of your can't-miss signature restaurant favorites?

Thanks
I have eaten at all of them and the 3 best are
California Grill,
Flying Fish,
Jiko

all are pretty good though
WDWFANCBIIIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:36 AM   #10
Nixie
DIS Veteran

We did the Deluxe last trip and went ate a different signature resturant every night. Hubby is spoiled and wants to do it again!
Our personal fave was Artist Point. (Though we Narcossee's did rank a really close second). We LOVED the bison tenderloin and the portabella mushroom soup.

Jiko's was just a eh for me. I really expected to be wow'd and experience some exotic flavours. Everything seemed really dumbed down. Nothing was African at all. I guess I shoulda known better when the waiter's recommendation was steak and mac and cheese.

Yatchsmen had really good steak, but there was NO truffle oil on the "truffled" mac and cheese. It was really good mac and cheese, nun-the-less.

I don't know why Brown Derby is considered a signature resturant. Your 2 credits would be better spent else where. It is truly on par with most 1 credit reg theme park resturants.

Narcossee's was REALLY good. We made our ressie right before wishes and were able to view it while dining.

We had exceptional service at all of the siggies we went to. We did dine later in the evening to avoid regular dining times, so hubby and I could have a more romantic "grown up" experience. We were spoiled and can't wait to do it again!

Nixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #11
TDluvsDaisy
DVC Member BCV & VGF

We have eaten at Citricos, Narcoosee's, California Grill, Yachtman's & Brown Derby many times each.

Citricos is our absolute favorite. Yachtman's (our favorite for just DH & I) and Brown Derby are real close. We've had problems with service at Narcoosee's and California Grill, but not enough to take them off the list.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #12
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Of the ones I've eaten at Cali Grill, Artist Point, Jiko, and Flying Fish would be the top four (all are terrific).

Slightly below those (almost as good) would be Citricos.

A bit below that (good but not great) would be Yachtsman and Hollywood Brown Derby.

I've never been to Narcoossee's, Le Cellier, or Monsieur Paul.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #13
mommy2paisley
DIS Veteran

My favorites (even if I were going without kids, lol) are Narcoosee's, CRT, Fulton's, Jiko, Boma, BOG, Flying Fish, Biergarten and Chefs. I realize not all are signature dining, but those are my favorites! Enjoy your Disneymoon!!!!

Next Disney vacation is two whole weeks starting Labor Day weekend!!!
mommy2paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #14
Kae
DIS Veteran

Brown Derby-Maybe do the Fantasmic Pkg, Artist Point & California Grill. We would like to try Jikos

Kae
Oct 1999-POFQ May 1996-AS Music May 1994-Travel Lodge DTD Dec 1971-Contemporary
DisneyLand-March 2006
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #15
Melanie B
DIS Veteran

So far the only ones we've tried at Brown Derby, Le Cellier, Fultons and Flying Fish. We enjoyed each of them. Next trip I would like to try California Grill and Artist Point.

Feb 2015 Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 2013 All Star Music
July 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Aug 2010 Caribbean Beach
Melanie B is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: