Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2013, 09:10 PM   #16
marylandteachergirl
Earning My Ears

That is what I have done on cruises, at Disney, and at Marriott hotels - paid cash and used no credit. Marriott and cruises asked for some cash deposit - and returned any I did not use.. Because I did not charge, or allow charging to room, entire deposit was returned. Hopefully this will/can work the same at Universal resorts.
marylandteachergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #17
DryCreek
Peter Pan (never grows up)

Now, NO bill at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCreek View Post
Here is something I ran into this last week. They will pre-charge $200 per night booked against any card you have on file at the front desk. This is to cover any room-charged items such as in-park purchases, room service or mini bar charges. I found this out today while reviewing our CC online statement. It was explained to us with a quick call to the hotel. This charges DOES NOT show up on your checkout statement! So, if you are using a checking account debit card there is the possibility of overdraft fees! We stayed for five nights, so this added a one thousand dollar additional charge to our CC. They said that it should drop off after "a few days" if no charges were made against the room.

Just wanted you to be aware of this.
Update

Now, it has just gotten stranger. I have been religiously checking our CC balance to see if the extra $1,000 would disappear as promised. It did, in a strange way. The ENTIRE bill has disappeared. It was in the pending transactions, and now - nothing. That is just plain weird. Pretty soon the CC company will be bugging me about carrying too much of a credit balance. We paid the entire projected amount to the card before we left (along with room for incidentals). I wonder what happened?
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #18
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Update

Now, it has just gotten stranger. I have been religiously checking our CC balance to see if the extra $1,000 would disappear as promised. It did, in a strange way. The ENTIRE bill has disappeared. It was in the pending transactions, and now - nothing. That is just plain weird. Pretty soon the CC company will be bugging me about carrying too much of a credit balance. We paid the entire projected amount to the card before we left (along with room for incidentals). I wonder what happened?
Strange! We were at RPR last week and did not have anything extra charged to our credit card. I left it for them to charge the rest of the room and parking fees but told them I did not want to allow room charging. Nothing ever showed up on my credit card except the rest of the room fee and parking charges. I never did see a hold for anything else. I just paid the card off yesterday and nothing else ever showed up as pending either.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #19
dsnycrzy
W/4 kids who has time for anything else but planning our next WDW trip!

I finally took off a day & paid the extra fee for the 5th person which they took ASAP so that should be paid in full. I hope they don't add any holds bc that will mess me up down the line.
97-99-HOJO MGE ***00-POR/CRUISE***01-05-HOJO MGE ***06-NICK &HOJO MGE***07-POP/NICK/HOJO MGE *** 08-SUITES @OLD TOWN***09-POP/CBR ***10- NO TRIP &11-No Trip- BABY ON THE WAY 12- CBR/PORFQ/POP/SUITES @OLD TOWN***13-RPR/CBR &VACATION HOME***14-CBB/ASMu/AoA

dsnycrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #20
DryCreek
Peter Pan (never grows up)

Final Update

The room charges (only) re-posted on our CC account today.

Balance has been restored to the universe.
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #21
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
The room charges (only) re-posted on our CC account today.

Balance has been restored to the universe.
Excellent. Glad it all worked out.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: