Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #1
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

If reserving a mod for fam members, port orleans or carribean beach?

We are DVC members and have extended family coming to stay a week in December. My aunt and uncle would like to have their own room. Deluxe may be too expensive for them. We will be at Beach Club Villas so they will come to resort every morning and go to parks with us. My question is, would you reserve Caribbean Beach Resort or Port Orleans Riverside?

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #2
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleiada View Post
We are DVC members and have extended family coming to stay a week in December. My aunt and uncle would like to have their own room. Deluxe may be too expensive for them. We will be at Beach Club Villas so they will come to resort every morning and go to parks with us. My question is, would you reserve Caribbean Beach Resort or Port Orleans Riverside?
POR definitely. If u get them a preferred room in Alligator Bayou they will be close to buses, food court, boats to DTD & it's an absolutely gorgeous resort. Check out www.portorleans.org for pics & information. Dh & I stayed there 2 times last month & loved the relaxing atmosphere. Plus there's a quiet pool in the preferred area that's nice too.

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Eeyore's My Favorite is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #3
Sue M
DIS Veteran

I love POR. Mansion section would be my pic. Both Acadian House and Magnolia Terrace are well located. Request to be near Old Man Island bridge. Will they have a car? I'm guessing so if they will be going to BC every morning to meet up with you.
I prefer the theming of mansion rooms to the rustic AB rooms. And if they are spending any time at POR, it has some extras like the boat to DTD. More fun then driving and hunting for parking. Also fun evening entertainment in the lounge, and horse & carriage rides.
Rooms have been recently refurbed at POR. And POFQ. Either would be nice.

CBR is in need of room refurbs.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:47 PM   #4
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

Thanks to both of you. We stayed at port Orleans once, alligator bayou. They won't be spending much time at the resort so it is just a place to sleep at night for them. They will have a car.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:15 AM   #5
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

not sure if you realize, but they may have difficulty parking at your resort (especially all day). valet would be their best bet as there aren't time restrictions, and cost about $15 a day.

another suggestion would be the swan/dolphin. they have some great discounts for teachers, gov't employees, etc, and would be within walking distance of you. they do charge guests a daily parking fee, and DME (as well as DDP) isn't an option.

we prefer CBR over POR...we felt it was cleaner, brighter and more cheerful. both have great quiet areas.
hth
Old 05-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #6
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSchrow View Post
not sure if you realize, but they may have difficulty parking at your resort (especially all day). valet would be their best bet as there aren't time restrictions, and cost about $15 a day.

another suggestion would be the swan/dolphin. they have some great discounts for teachers, gov't employees, etc, and would be within walking distance of you. they do charge guests a daily parking fee, and DME (as well as DDP) isn't an option.

we prefer CBR over POR...we felt it was cleaner, brighter and more cheerful. both have great quiet areas.
hth
If they are my,guests and they are staying at a disney resort also, I thought they would be ok parking at Beach Club. If not, we will go pick them up every morning then. Or, I will keep their names on my room reservation.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:12 AM   #7
WisconsinDad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
I love POR. Mansion section would be my pic. Both Acadian House and Magnolia Terrace are well located. Request to be near Old Man Island bridge. Will they have a car? I'm guessing so if they will be going to BC every morning to meet up with you.
I prefer the theming of mansion rooms to the rustic AB rooms. And if they are spending any time at POR, it has some extras like the boat to DTD. More fun then driving and hunting for parking. Also fun evening entertainment in the lounge, and horse & carriage rides.
Rooms have been recently refurbed at POR. And POFQ. Either would be nice.

CBR is in need of room refurbs.
With the room refurbishment, POR received all queen beds (CBR has doubles). Something else to consider.
WisconsinDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:03 AM   #8
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSchrow View Post

hth
I second the Swan/Dolphin option. I was able to snag two rooms at the Dolphin with AAA on NEw Years Day for less than $200 per night. They do have a resort fee that gives you bottles of water and wifi, which is pretty fast. The rooms are significantly larger than the ones at the moderates, although Dolphin does have full sized beds. Walking convenience to two parks, but no dining plan or package delivery to your room. If given the choice between a moderate with buses to all parks or a "deluxe" property that has more transportation options and is close to my family I think I'd go with it.
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14)
rcraw45425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:38 AM   #9
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

What about renting points for a studio at BCV? It would be cheaper than a mod.

Last edited by msjprincess; 05-21-2013 at 07:47 AM.
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #10
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleiada View Post
If they are my,guests and they are staying at a disney resort also, I thought they would be ok parking at Beach Club. If not, we will go pick them up every morning then. Or, I will keep their names on my room reservation.
Resort parking is meant for the guests staying at THAT resort, or 3 hours if they have an ADR. It is not meant for guests at other resorts to park all day to access the parks.

Then you would have resorts like the Poly and CR, that would be overflowing with people that would want to walk over to MK for instance.

It is similar to the pools; they are only meant for those guests at that particular resort.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #11
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post

Resort parking is meant for the guests staying at THAT resort, or 3 hours if they have an ADR. It is not meant for guests at other resorts to park all day to access the parks.

Then you would have resorts like the Poly and CR, that would be overflowing with people that would want to walk over to MK for instance.

It is similar to the pools; they are only meant for those guests at that particular resort.
I understand this however, there are 7 of us staying at Beach Club. It's not like they are just parking there for access to the parks. They are parking there to join up with us for the day so we can all be together. Isn't that what Disney is all about? Bringing families together??? I don't think it will be a problem but will check with the resort ahead of time to be sure. My aunt and uncle are actually still on my 2 bedroom villa reservation but decided (because of snoring and a sleep disorder) that my uncle would be better suited with his own room for sleeping.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #12
chasgoose
Mouseketeer

I feel like CBR may be closer to BCV than POR if that is a factor. I also second the Swan/Dolphin suggestion. Similarly priced to the mods but 5-10 minute walk from BCV.
chasgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #13
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasgoose View Post
I feel like CBR may be closer to BCV than POR if that is a factor. I also second the Swan/Dolphin suggestion. Similarly priced to the mods but 5-10 minute walk from BCV.

Swan and Dolphin was the first placed I checked. No availability 3 of the 7 nights. Must be a convention!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: