Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #331
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I missed an update! I didn't read past the DLR TR update!

Beautiful resort!

What a lovely meal! I'm not huge on foie gras myself. Too rich for me. I tiny bit is good though!

Even though I'm good at math, thinking about having to convert monies gives me anxiety. I'm too much of a budget freak!

Can't wait to hear more-more silly dad pics please!
I agree, it was the fact that the foie gras was so rich. That's what I ultimately had the problem with.

You know, converting the money really isn't so bad. I always convert my money before I leave, so I don't have to worry about fluctuating exchanges and additional fees that I might receive.

I will see what silly Dad pics I have and continue to post them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
That looked like a great meal!! I am not too sure about the foie gras but then I have never tried (or had the opportunity to try) foie gras...not adverse to attempting at least once though. The hotel looked lovely as well!
The meal was incredible! So nice, by far one of the best restaurants I've eaten at.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #332
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

The meals were amazing for sure. I love taking time to eat.... must be because I was raised European
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL: 2/15 AK: 8/15 DLH

DVCWDWMEMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #333
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Of course, my eyes were drawn to the Dooneys in that update; I love the Paris bags! I like the big retro print, but it's definitely too big for me - the letter carrier is more my size! Budget or no, that one would have been MINE!

I really liked the extra "meal time" in Europe too; it was always so much nicer to feel like we had time to visit, not that we were being shoved in and out of tables for turnover reasons. That meal looks like it was GREAT; love the presentations!
ZehnJahren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:30 PM   #334
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
The meals were amazing for sure. I love taking time to eat.... must be because I was raised European
I like taking time to eat too. I think there's a time and place for anything. A time for eating slowly, and a time for eating fast.

But you know as well as I do. In general you and Jason eat slowly, while Dad and I scarf! Hahahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
Of course, my eyes were drawn to the Dooneys in that update; I love the Paris bags! I like the big retro print, but it's definitely too big for me - the letter carrier is more my size! Budget or no, that one would have been MINE!

I really liked the extra "meal time" in Europe too; it was always so much nicer to feel like we had time to visit, not that we were being shoved in and out of tables for turnover reasons. That meal looks like it was GREAT; love the presentations!
The Paris bags were really cute. I seriously thought about getting one, but I resisted. It was difficult, believe me.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:07 AM   #335
burly
DIS Veteran

Fantastic update, food looked YUMMY..

KIM
burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:52 AM   #336
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I like taking time to eat too. I think there's a time and place for anything. A time for eating slowly, and a time for eating fast.

But you know as well as I do. In general you and Jason eat slowly, while Dad and I scarf! Hahahaha.

The Paris bags were really cute. I seriously thought about getting one, but I resisted. It was difficult, believe me.
Yep you and dad are the scarfers..... probably worried that someone will take your food and eat it. Hahahaha
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL: 2/15 AK: 8/15 DLH

Old 05-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #337
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
Fantastic update, food looked YUMMY..

KIM
Food was incredible! So so yummy. I reminisce about that meal frequently.

Quote:
Yep you and dad are the scarfers..... probably worried that someone will take your food and eat it. Hahahaha
I'm proud to be a scarfer.

And I am constantly worried someone's going to take my food! You know Jason...."what's that over there!?" *snatches food*
Old 05-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #338
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

Hahaha I know what you mean Jason would always do that

Old 05-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #339
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hahaha I know what you mean Jason would always do that
And he still does it.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #340
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

The Disneyland Hotel looks very, very pretty...Loved seeing your dinner at the California Grill which was ever so Frenchy

It is interesting how much later the Europeans go out for dinner... I remember when we ate in France at 7... we were definitely some of the first patrons... and in Italy? When we ate at 7:30...as we were leaving at 10- there were people coming in -some even with children... Well when in Rome...

It is really interesting to me... I kind of feel that you travel to see and experience new things/ways of doing things...it would be boring if it was all the same...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #341
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
The Disneyland Hotel looks very, very pretty...Loved seeing your dinner at the California Grill which was ever so Frenchy

It is interesting how much later the Europeans go out for dinner... I remember when we ate in France at 7... we were definitely some of the first patrons... and in Italy? When we ate at 7:30...as we were leaving at 10- there were people coming in -some even with children... Well when in Rome...

It is really interesting to me... I kind of feel that you travel to see and experience new things/ways of doing things...it would be boring if it was all the same...
It was definitely a very frenchy dinner.

It's so true. They don't stick to these early kind of schedules that we do and the kids just roll with it. I agree, it's been like that across the board at most of the countries in Europe that I've visited.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #342
peloha86
"Dis"place and the "Dispeeps" my happy place and happy people!

I LOVE YOUR TR!!!!

I'm only on page 10. Soo, I'm doing my DLP research becuase my dad threw at me, "we're going to Europe next year".

O.M.G...

Thanks for your TR!!!

peloha86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #343
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peloha86 View Post
I LOVE YOUR TR!!!!

I'm only on page 10. Soo, I'm doing my DLP research becuase my dad threw at me, "we're going to Europe next year".

O.M.G...

Thanks for your TR!!!
Thanks!

I'm a bit behind, as it was a really long trip, but I should be writing an update soon. That's totally exciting that you're going to Europe! It's incredible. You're going to love it.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #344
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Day 3 - Monday July 2, 2012

Hi everyone!

I'm back and going to get started on keeping you up to date on what happened on this trip. I've got 4 TR's going at the same time (yes, that many. I'm insane!), but I've got a pattern down now, so let's go!

This was our last day in DLRP. We were going to be spending the day at the Walt Disney Studios, and then head back to Belgium around 4pm.

We woke up at about 6:30am, as we had our breakfast time at 7:30am.

I didn't bother putting on makeup first thing, because the Studios didn't open until 10am. So our plan was to eat, get everything packed up in the room, get the car packed, and then head into the park for the day.

My breakfast was the usual yummy selection.

Mmmmmmm. I miss European breakfasts. They are so my favorite!

After a quick bite, we headed upstairs to finish packing up. I got dressed, and was excited to wear my new Paris Disney shirt!

They don't do automatic checkout, so Mom headed down to the front desk to get that sorted out while Dad and I packed the car.

Look! Electric car parking!

Bye bye Hotel New York! It was great seeing you!

Very soon we were getting to the Studios to have some fun!

International Travel Tip #34 - Europeans as a whole do not have the personal space issues that we in the US do. So, if you plan on going over there, make sure you get over that just a bit. It's not that they're being rude. It's just that's how they all are.

We made a bee-line over to Crush's Coaster. This is my favorite thing they have in Disneyland Paris. And the line was super long already! 60 minutes posted!

Hi momma!

Aladdin's Magic Carpets on the way.

I was soooooooo excited!

In case you're curious what the cars look like.

While we were waiting in line, we were behind a group of girls from the Netherlands. That meant my Mom understood everything they were saying. I understood some too, but not everything.

They were talking amongst each other where we were from, and had mentioned English. They weren't sure at first what language we were speaking.

International Travel Tip #35 - Do not under any circumstances assume that the people around you don't speak your language. People in Europe know TONS of them! Don't assume someone won't understand you and don't talk smack about people.

We finally made it inside!

The wait time was really 60 minutes. This is definitely a slow moving line.

MINE!

Too much fun.

Dad gives it an enthusiastic two thumbs up!

They had a small Radiator Springs area with a ride or two.

I love the theming of the Toy Story area. We didn't ride anything, since they're all geared towards kids.

Up next: We get our drop on, and leave. *sniff*
Old 09-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #345
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Hopping around after to you to make sure I stay caught up.

DLP and WDS look neat. That Crush's coaster looks like a ton of fun.

How neat that Toy story was a kiddie area. I guess like a bug's life at DL.

Cute Paris Minnie shirt
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: