Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
Nohal
DIS Veteran

QS dining dilema

We booked bounceback last Sept at ASMo for the free QS for this Sept. We have been going back and forth whether to upgrade to the DDP as we have used it every year since they started offering in the Fall for free. I called today to upgrade and was told that they only have Preferred rooms available. Don't quite understand this as I made the reservation back in Sept. What is the problem that they just can't upgrade my dining plan but have to make an entire new reservation. The CM told me to keep calling back as people cancel all the time and I would be able to get a regular room I haven't decided yet if I am willing to do this or just go with the QS as we wouldn't be locked into ADR's and could eat on the fly without the stress of making our touring plans around those ADR's. I made all of my ADR's and will only keep the 1 or 2 that I really want. WWYD?
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:45 PM   #2
Kristibo42
DIS Veteran

WE stay at PC always get the free QS dining and really liked it. This time in December we are upgrading as it is an adult only trip and we are celebrating our 25th anniversary. If it wasn't a special trip we would opt for the free QS.

Next trip July 2016 POP and AOA about 70 people
Dec. 2013 Pop Century to celebrate 25 anniversary Adults only
All Star Sports family trip 25 people Feb 2011
Pop Century September. 2009
Pop Century Adults only 20 year anniversary Dec 2008
Pop Century Big family trip 42 people July 2007
Contemporary and All Star Music Dec. 2006
All Star Music June 2005
Port Orleans- Riverside and Disney Wonder Nov. 2002
6th grade trip To Magic Kingdom had my first kiss on Tom Sawyers Island June 1977
Kristibo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2013, 03:53 PM   #3
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohal View Post
We booked bounceback last Sept at ASMo for the free QS for this Sept. We have been going back and forth whether to upgrade to the DDP as we have used it every year since they started offering in the Fall for free. I called today to upgrade and was told that they only have Preferred rooms available. Don't quite understand this as I made the reservation back in Sept. What is the problem that they just can't upgrade my dining plan but have to make an entire new reservation. The CM told me to keep calling back as people cancel all the time and I would be able to get a regular room I haven't decided yet if I am willing to do this or just go with the QS as we wouldn't be locked into ADR's and could eat on the fly without the stress of making our touring plans around those ADR's. I made all of my ADR's and will only keep the 1 or 2 that I really want. WWYD?
If you really want the upgrade, call back and try another CM. if they can't help you, ask for a manager. It is possible the CM did not know how to modify a bounceback reservation (most cannot) and was trying to switch you to the current FD offer. Good luck!

(As for what I would do, I would stick with the QSDP, but I view ADRs as a huge waste of time and money, so I would never be pro-DDP. )
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #4
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Call back. Make it clear to whoever you talk to that all you want to do is upgrade the dining plan, NOT upgrade the room or anything else on the package. They CAN do that. If they say they can't then ask for their supervisor.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #5
tinka-belle
DIS Veteran

The reseravation CMs at the call centers cannot see a code that has expired, sounds like they are trying to fit you into the current FD promotion.

Ask for a supervisor or customer service, they can look at expired codes and apply what is needed for the change from QS to DDP. You are not changing the room, just changing your dining plan.

YES, this CAN be done!
tinka-belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #6
Nohal
DIS Veteran

This is the 3rd time I called to upgrade. I did it in the winter twice and had problems then. I figured it would be easy when the free dining came out. I don't get what the big deal is that is causes such a problem. We decided that it wasn't meant to be and will be happy with the QSDP. I look forward to winging my meals and not being locked into an ADR. I am keeping 2 of the ADR's I made.
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #7
mkleinbe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohal View Post
I look forward to winging my meals and not being locked into an ADR.
We just did a QSDP trip in April and loved it. I thought we would miss all of our table service meals, but we didn't. We loved the flexibility and ate well. We did pay out of pocket for Be Our Guest for dinner.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: