Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #421
MousseauMob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfaninaz View Post
Well, I'm not going to risk it and will have my cruise paid off by 1/24.
Ditto, just thought it was so odd, since my first reservation was different.

Quote:
Contrary to popular belief, not everybody books their cruises more than a year out.
What! I thought I was the norm!

05/2014 DCL 9 Day Alaska, 04/13 Galveston to WDW, 09/12 HAL Alaska, 04/12 DCL Inaugural Hawaiian Cruise, 09/2011 DL GC and Universal, 05/2011 HAL Alaska, 09/2010 HAL Alaska, 05/2008 DCL Magic Mexican Riviera, 09/2007 DL GC, 04/2007 Celebrity Hawaii, 10/2005 DL GC (Trick or Treat), 06/2005 DCL Magic Mexican Riviera Cruise, 02/2004 DL GC, 01/2003 DL GC, 12/1999 DL PP, 10/1997 DL PP, 05/1995 WDW Dolphin and that big red boat
MousseauMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:16 PM   #422
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MousseauMob View Post

What! I thought I was the norm!
Don't worry, we are the norm. Everybody else is abnormal!
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 02:47 AM   #423
MoonDaughter23
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!

Catching up again. Please forgive the large multi quote. Hopefully I can be more active now. For anyone who signed up for the FE, I'm catching up on the requests tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
Not much time left between now and your June cruise, so I hope your situation is resolved soon. Hang in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris31997 View Post
Hang in there. Just keep telling yourself, I'll be on a cruise in June. I'll be in my happy place in June
Thank you both! Things are looking up and we're still going on our June cruise, but man has it been a crazy and scary roller coaster these past few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesabrowning View Post
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to make a quick introduction before I go back and read the first 27 pages of this thread... We booked this cruise the minute it was released, had no idea there was a cruise meet until last week. (Duh... Of course there was!!) In my defense we have a trip to Aulani in two weeks and a WDW/Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Cruise in six months that have been at the front of my mind. LOL

We are Lesa, Greg, Macy (12 at cruise time) and Morgan (20 months at cruise time) both kiddos are girls. We have already signed up for the FE group. This is our second time doing Alaska with Disney, we did the repositioning cruise Seattle - Vancouver in September 2012. We loved Alaska so much we had to go back and 9 nights was just icing on the cake! Our favorite port adventure last time was hiking with the black bears, amazing. This trip I plan more relaxed port wandering with my camera and maybe more ship time.

I love that this group is so active so early! I suspect it is going to get HUGE!

If anyone has Tweens that want to connect with other Tweens, drop me a line and we can hook our kids up. (Same goes for you parents of babies/toddlers, we gotta stick together)

Looking forward to getting to know everyone
Hi!

Quote:
Ok.... I am caught up, you people are fun!!!

I should have been taking notes, but just a few thoughts while it is all fresh in my mind.

Sorry for those that will miss pirates night, we will join your private pirate party if you want to dress up anyway. I will say, on our last Alaska cruise, I heard lots of rumblings of guests not liking pirates in Alaska : (
Yay! Another vote for a private pirate night! I think I'll start another signup.

Quote:
I am both a FB and DIS user and really hope we can keep the group together. Especially for FE and the meet. I know my Fantasy cruise in October seems to be keeping the peace, so far at least...
*Inserting unsolicited 2 cents here*: So far I think it will be easy to keep both groups together. There seems to be more activity on the DIS page at the moment. That could change, but for now the FE at least is one master list between the 2 groups. Hopefully any meets we have will be as well. Those of us who are crossovers just have to remember to post certain info in both places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atheneze View Post
Hello everyone. I was booked on the first day but didn't decide to look at the meet threads till today. And whoa! We're on page 27 already?!

It is going to be me and my husband. We were supposed to go this May. Cancelled that as it was more important for us to go vacation with family this year. We are going to Orlando and going on the Dream this November, treating my parents and aunt.

I am also contemplating on booking the California Coast cruise before this one. That would be exciting. But also dependent on whether I keep my second job and husband finds another job that is more flexible.

We are joining the FE for sure though!
Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by COASTIEandMATE View Post
Hi All!! We are on the May27 Alaska cruise leaving in a couple of weeks. Just got my May issue of Sunset magazine and on page 32 is a beautiful four page article about [you guessed it!] SITKA! I am so excited for all of you that will get to visit this charming place. Be sure and check out this article by a native of Sitka and happy dreams of a fun cruise! Aloha, Karen and Ron
Hi! Very cool about Sunset. I'm going to have to track down a copy. Thanks for posting this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiefried View Post
Well, we've "downgraded" from deck 6 to deck 2, I happened to check the DCL site the other day and noticed a cheaper price for a category 11C vs the 11B we had already booked and our TA changed our reservations so now we're saving $$$!! Hopefully being under the night clubs doesn't keep us up but DH and DS like to sleep with background noise, and I might sleep better knowing what we saved covered the cost of at least one of our Vancouver flights, lol!

Anyways, I had already signed up for the FE how do I change my room #? I figured out (I think) how to do this on the roll call but I'm not sure if that goes for the FE as well? We are 2513 now. Thanks!
No worries. I'll change your stateroom number on the master list. Thanks for the update!

Quote:
We're back! Had a bit of excitement with 2 tornado's in New Orleans and torrential rain and flooding in Key West, but all in all a GREAT time was had by all.
Wow! That was a lot of weather issues. Glad you all had fun in spite of it.

Quote:
Don't worry, we are the norm. Everybody else is abnormal!
I concur.

My Disney Adventures
Disney Magic Inaugural Greek Cruise: June 15, 2013
Disneyland/California Adventure: April 4, 2013
Disney Fantasy: December 29, 2012
Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and Epcot: December 25, 2012
Disneyland/California Adventure: June 17, 2012 (Opening week of Cars Land and Mad T Party)
Disneyland/California Adventure: March 2012
Became DVC Member: December 28, 2011,
First Disney Cruise: December 24, 2011, Magic
Magic Kingdom and Epcot: January 2011
Disneyland/California Adventure: June 2007
My Daughter’s first trip to Disneyland: December 31, 2001
Animal Kingdom: August 1999
Epcot: June 1997
Disneyland: July 1994
Disneyland: June 1991
Disneyland: April 1987
First trip to Disneyland: November 29, 1986
MoonDaughter23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:43 AM   #424
katiefried
Earning My Ears

Thanks MoonDaughter!
katiefried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #426
JimB.
DIS Veteran

Bit of a latecomer here, But my DW (Rachel) & I just booked this cruise using our DVC points. Somewhere on Deck 5 IIRC..............

Just returned from a "weeker" on the Fantasy and have been infected (again) with MDC disease (Manic Disney Cruiser). Only a year to go!
GATOR NATION RULES!!!
JimB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:34 AM   #427
katiefried
Earning My Ears

Quote:
In regards to the Sunset issue, I looked it up on line.

http://www.sunset.com/travel/northwe...0418000082523/
Thanks for sharing, this just made me so excited to go to Sitka!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #428
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

Quote:
Thanks for sharing, this just made me so excited to go to Sitka!
I know, I sure hope we are able to dock there. I understand that not many cruise ships are able to get into the port due to the ice, so we will have to keep our fingers crossed that it works for our sailing.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #429
katiefried
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I know, I sure hope we are able to dock there. I understand that not many cruise ships are able to get into the port due to the ice, so we will have to keep our fingers crossed that it works for our sailing.
I've heard that too, sometimes they can't stop. So out of curiosity does anyone know what happens if that's the case? Just an extra day at sea? Does the cruise line compensate you in any way? I'm not expecting anything but just curious!
Old 05-17-2013, 07:16 AM   #430
threebritts
Mouseketeer

Happy to say we booked this cruise on the dream last week. We will be in cabin 7010, not sure who is doing Fe but there ya go Was great seeing mosseau mob and family a few weeks ago and looking forward to cruising with them and other board members

threebritts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #431
MousseauMob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
In regards to the Sunset issue, I looked it up on line.

http://www.sunset.com/travel/northwe...0418000082523/
Thanks for sharing the link!

Quote:
Quote:
I've heard that too, sometimes they can't stop. So out of curiosity does anyone know what happens if that's the case? Just an extra day at sea? Does the cruise line compensate you in any way? I'm not expecting anything but just curious!
We've missed Sitka twice. Made it once in May with lovely weather, so I'm hoping our cruise will be the same. Sitka isn't protected as much as inside ports, it's right on open ocean and it's a tender port, so the main reason ships have to skip it, is due to the sea conditions. You can't tender if the sea is too rough. Keep in mind it wasn't on DCL so things may be different, but basically we were refunded the port fees (which is nominal - comic joked about how little), and of course excursions, but that's pretty much all they do for "reimbursement" due to weather. We had additional time in Victoria on one of the cruises and the other was additional sea day, so I think that varies also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebritts View Post
Happy to say we booked this cruise on the dream last week. We will be in cabin 7010, not sure who is doing Fe but there ya go Was great seeing mosseau mob and family a few weeks ago and looking forward to cruising with them and other board members
It was so great seeing you guys! I can't thank you enough for how kind and wonderful you all were. Special thanks for caring for my sister, reducing my worries and an allowing me to focus on making sure the kids were enjoying themselves, knowing she was in good hands! You guys are AWESOME and I can't wait to see you again!

Arrrrr all me scurvy mates! A mutiny be in the makin'. Capt'n Jack be our mascot, so come in ye best pirate as we commandeer a photographer for a group picture, What say ye?

Sharing some pic's and yes silly boy had people stopping to get photo's of and with him, he did a better job this time with the makeup and fake facial hair. LOL!!!!

05/2014 DCL 9 Day Alaska, 04/13 Galveston to WDW, 09/12 HAL Alaska, 04/12 DCL Inaugural Hawaiian Cruise, 09/2011 DL GC and Universal, 05/2011 HAL Alaska, 09/2010 HAL Alaska, 05/2008 DCL Magic Mexican Riviera, 09/2007 DL GC, 04/2007 Celebrity Hawaii, 10/2005 DL GC (Trick or Treat), 06/2005 DCL Magic Mexican Riviera Cruise, 02/2004 DL GC, 01/2003 DL GC, 12/1999 DL PP, 10/1997 DL PP, 05/1995 WDW Dolphin and that big red boat
Old 05-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #432
MousseauMob
DIS Veteran

Vancouver Hotel

It might be too soon to ask this, but has anyone decided on a pre-stay hotel in Vancouver?

Old 05-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #433
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

Quote:
It might be too soon to ask this, but has anyone decided on a pre-stay hotel in Vancouver?
We're still looking into them. Would love to stay at the Pan Pacific but it is a bit pricey and I don't use Hotwire or Priceline to know how to get a really good rate.
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #434
threebritts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks for sharing the link!

We've missed Sitka twice. Made it once in May with lovely weather, so I'm hoping our cruise will be the same. Sitka isn't protected as much as inside ports, it's right on open ocean and it's a tender port, so the main reason ships have to skip it, is due to the sea conditions. You can't tender if the sea is too rough. Keep in mind it wasn't on DCL so things may be different, but basically we were refunded the port fees (which is nominal - comic joked about how little), and of course excursions, but that's pretty much all they do for "reimbursement" due to weather. We had additional time in Victoria on one of the cruises and the other was additional sea day, so I think that varies also.

It was so great seeing you guys! I can't thank you enough for how kind and wonderful you all were. Special thanks for caring for my sister, reducing my worries and an allowing me to focus on making sure the kids were enjoying themselves, knowing she was in good hands! You guys are AWESOME and I can't wait to see you again!

Arrrrr all me scurvy mates! A mutiny be in the makin'. Capt'n Jack be our mascot, so come in ye best pirate as we commandeer a photographer for a group picture, What say ye?

Sharing some pic's and yes silly boy had people stopping to get photo's of and with him, he did a better job this time with the makeup and fake facial hair. LOL!!!!

s"
S
Wow look at them! Beware of the pirates!
We really enjoyed spending time with you all too and it was no problem about Pam. I thought it was neatly mom and her got along so good.We Are flying into Seattle the day before so we can go to the zoo, it was Beth's favorite and then driving up early on the 24 th. You could join us if you wanted too. It's a thought anyway

threebritts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #435
MousseauMob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We're still looking into them. Would love to stay at the Pan Pacific but it is a bit pricey and I don't use Hotwire or Priceline to know how to get a really good rate.
I hear you! I'm in the same boat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebritts View Post
Wow look at them! Beware of the pirates!
We really enjoyed spending time with you all too and it was no problem about Pam. I thought it was neatly mom and her got along so good.We Are flying into Seattle the day before so we can go to the zoo, it was Beth's favorite and then driving up early on the 24 th. You could join us if you wanted too. It's a thought anyway
It's a GREAT thought. We loved the Woodland Zoo when we went. I'm not sure we can swing it, we're hoping to get to Vancouver 2 days before sail so we have a full day to explore the city before boarding. We've never been to Vancouver so we're pretty excited to see the city, but we'll keep it in mind and maybe we can make it work!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: