Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #316
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne312 View Post
Don't worry about a few people thinking you're a scammer. We don't really expect you rush home to update nosy DISers to prove you are legit. Until you tell us that your husband is leaving you for the housekeeper, your mom needs an organ transplant, your brother is being held hostage in a foreign country, and you start having an affair with the head of the HR department, I'll believe you

+1

Every time I see your DIS name I STILL think of Donutgate Sue.

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:53 PM   #317
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison View Post
So pages and pages of posters going on about the terrible scenarios of evil HR making the OP meet with the doctor and that was never the case. HR was actually doing what HR departments do and gathering information, they didn't know the doctor talked to the OP, and gave reasonable advice for going forward.

Gee where is al the drama for everyone in that.
Many of us have not had positive interactions with HR, so our cynicism level runs high.

It sounds like a reasonable HR response at this point.
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~
Disney  Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #318
surfergirl602
Well you're one step ahead of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchesGr8Fan View Post
They should have last night's "conversation" on video also.

Consult with a lawyer but don't tell anyone yet that you did so.

Document the incident last night and advise HR that you want no further contact with her.

And keep going to work. You don't want them to have any reason to come back at you later, like for attendance.
I'm coming in late to this conversation... (I can't sleep) but I wanted to add that you should get copies of both videos... when she hit you, and when she confronted you... just in case they end up missing.
June 2006 - off site 5th year anniversary May 2008 - POR the girls' very first trip! Aug 2009 - AKL, military homecoming trip! Sept 2009 - proud DVC owners at BLT!!! Oct 2010 AKV Mar 2012 - AOA Dec 2012 - welcome home, daddy surprise trip

My Author Blog!
https://melissamackinnon.wordpress.com
surfergirl602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #319
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Doll View Post
Many of us have not had positive interactions with HR, so our cynicism level runs high.

Can't imagine why.
Lorelei Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #320
RubySlippers
DIS Veteran

any new updates?
RubySlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:08 AM   #321
FlyingDumbo
DIS Veteran

Still do not have my car back! The frame was bent under the back passenger tire and the insurance wants to repair the frame. There are only certain places that can repair a frame so it has to be looked at elsewhere. My husband wants a new car he said it will never be right so they have been fighting it out. The doctor has not been at work. I don't know the real reason, but rumor has it she has to take a drug test and may be in rehab. I have no idea if that is true, I am too afraid to talk about it at work so I only know what I have overheard.
FlyingDumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #322
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDumbo View Post
Still do not have my car back! The frame was bent under the back passenger tire and the insurance wants to repair the frame. There are only certain places that can repair a frame so it has to be looked at elsewhere. My husband wants a new car he said it will never be right so they have been fighting it out. The doctor has not been at work. I don't know the real reason, but rumor has it she has to take a drug test and may be in rehab. I have no idea if that is true, I am too afraid to talk about it at work so I only know what I have overheard.
Why does he feel like that? I don't think they are going to buy you a new car
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #323
firecracker725
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow. You're definitely smart to keep out of it. It could end very badly for her, and you don't want to be part of the fall out.

I would want a new car as well. My MIL wrecked her 6 week old SUV and bent the frame. Insurance decided to just repair instead of totaling, but that car has given her nothing but trouble ever since.

-------------
firecracker725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:16 AM   #324
FlyingDumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
Because the frame is bent. It is a major part of he safety system of the car. I had a new SUV, I don't want a broken one back.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #325
disneycrazi
watch your head and step as you disembark

Quote:

Because the frame is bent. It is a major part of he safety system of the car. I had a new SUV, I don't want a broken one back.
Yes, exactly, you deserve a new car because that's what you had! You tell your hubby, press on, fight on!!
(2003 Day Trip) (2009 April All Star Movies) (2009 September Port Orleans Riverside) (2010 April Caribbean Beach) (2010 Sept Grand Gathering POFQ) (2011 Jan Contemporary) (2011 April All Star Music) (2011 July POP Century) (2012 January All Star Sports)
(2012 Feb One More Disney Day Coronado Springs)
(2012 Sept Animal Kingdom Jambo) (2013 March Old Key West) (2013 October Art Of Animation, Polynesian)
(2014 April off site Fountains Resort)
disneycrazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #326
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

Quote:
Because a vehicle that has been extensively damaged cannot always be repaired back to what it was, and may not be as safe to drive.
okeydokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #327
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They will replace it or fix it. They won't give it back to you still bent
Old 05-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #328
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:
EXACTLY! I had a co-worker who was in a nasty accident only months after buying a new car. Insurance decided to fix it. I don't remember how many times that car was back in the shop for repairs to the same things. The insurance company wound up sinking more money into repairs than they would have if they just totaled it and got her a new car.

You don't need these repair headaches and wondering how safe your vehicle is... especially with a new baby.

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #329
FlyingDumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They will fix it or get a new one they won;t give it back to you bent.They only time the insurance company will buy you out. if it going to cost more to fix the car then what it worth.
I want to be made whole. A car with a repaired frame is not whole. I want a safe car like I had before. I think since we are going through MY insurance, and they are going to subrogate (?spelling) to make the doctors insurance reimburse, my husband thinks they will total it.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #330
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I want to be made whole. A car with a repaired frame is not whole. I want a safe car like I had before.
Best of luck to you, I hope the insurance company works with you all.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: