Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #17
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob NC View Post
All true.

For me though, the fact remains that I like US, on an 8 day vacation I'll probably spend a day and a half there.

When I go to US, I ride the rides. I go from one ride to the next and nothing outside those attractions really has any draw for me.

I can spend all day walking around a DW park without even getting ON an attraction.

As I say, I agree with your assertion that "US and Disney are clearly locked in competition with each other."

But I believe that competition is only for a day and a half of my vacation.

For Disney Parks lovers, the other 5, 6 or 7 days aren't up for debate.
I wonder if this holds true going forward. As a Disney only kind of guy I have been surprised by all the kids, parents, and teachers at my building talking about Orlando in general and Disney as an add on. By far universal and IoA are talked about in more glowing terms. My colleagues rave about the resorts at universal. Also SeaWorld and discovery cove, and all the attractions connected. They are cobbling together experiences that don't focus on Disney.

And with Disney's obscene ticket prices, if you start planning 3 days at universal/IoA and two days at SeaWorld+, the week starts to fill up. I even saw there is complimentary transportation to Busch Gardens from SeaWorld. That is convenient.

I bought a 14 day pass for SeaWorld and Busch Gardens for an upcoming trip for $125.00. Last summer I finally visited IoA, and was blown away by the theming, food, and the look.

The city walk with the gorgeous lake and ferries going back and forth to the resorts. And next summer the hogwarts express connecting the two parks together.

I don't know, for 30 years I would have agreed with you, but now I am not sure.

By the way, the Port of Entry is one of the most amazingly themed areas I have ever seen.

I'll be this excited too about Disney in 2020 or whenever they get around to spending some of those record breaking profits on some new lands.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: