DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #2236
leinalani
Earning My Ears

We just dropped June 8th from our reservation for a studio, if anyone wants it. :0)

***WDW BCV June 8-14***
***WDW AKV May 30 to June 8***
***Aulani 2013-2014 NYE***
***Aulani Oct. 4-7, 2013***
***DL VGC June 9-16, 2013***
***Aulani Oct. 4-6, 2012***
***DL PPH June 6-12, 2011***
leinalani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #2237
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyean View Post
I've been crunching some numbers, looking at our points and upcoming vacation plans into next year.

I can't believe it, but I guess it makes some sense after all, because we can swing a GV for 3 nights on an upcoming stay. It will probably be a once in a lifetime thing, since the main reason we can do it is because our resale contract we recently closed on was pretty loaded. So instead of our usual borrowing status, we have extra points!

So. On line booking show the dates we want are available for all room types, including the GV. It's still outside the 7 month window so that's good.

Question is - which GV should I request, if I have a choice? I THINK the one facing the park is HA while the one facing the pool is not. We don't need a HA room, and in fact, when we had one a few years ago (a 1 bedroom at OKW) we didn't like it as much as the other rooms.

If I'm correct, are there big differences between the HA GV and the other as far as the changes made to MAKE it HA?

For those of you who have stayed in GV at VGC, which would you pick and why?

I know this was a ramble, but the stars are aligning, what with the extra points available and another family of close friends being available for these dates, making a GV both doable and realistic (there will be 9 of us).

And if I have a choice, I'd like to be able to at least make the right request even though I know it's just that - a request.
We have stayed in BOTH Grand Villas @ VGC and they are both great BUT if the view is the most important to you or your guests then try for the view!
The view side is HA and is not that big of a deal but I DID have to get use to the beautiful shower not being there in our master bathroom or that the kitchen is a bit smaller. All those things mean nothing when you get THE VIEW!!! the BEST IMO My guest were in TOTAL AWE when they stood at the front door & just dropped their bags when they saw the Mickey wheel all lit up at night!! The noise from the park is also not a big deal if you shut the sliding glass doors. Saw WOC 6 times and by that 6th time we just kept the door open to hear it but had a poker game going on at the large dining table! The pool side is nice and you get the view facing the cabanas so we got to see a private party for what I think may have been for Adam Sandler's kid! Not 100% sure but it was during the time of the last Pirates movie premiere! Either grand villa is fine but for obvious reasons the VIEW wins my vote!! I'm MAYBE thinking of having a double graduation party in the Grand villa for my kids in 2015 or for a Thanksgiving dinner! We are only 20 minutes away so bringing food HAS NOT been any problems for us or our guests! Whichever you choose should be AWESOME! ENJOY!!!
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #2238
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

Sorry just looked at my message and noticed a little red mad face at the top left hand corner which I DID NOT ADD so please disregard that little red mad face in the corner.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #2239
Breyean
DVC Since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjgaus View Post
Sorry just looked at my message and noticed a little red mad face at the top left hand corner which I DID NOT ADD so please disregard that little red mad face in the corner.
We did in fact book the GV with the views. Thanks for your input. We're keeping the details a secret from our friends whom we are bringing so we're hoping for that exact reaction you described. They have 4 youngish kids and I know they will be floored when they see the views.

One question - does the GV have entrances on both floors?
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #2240
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
...One question - does the GV have entrances on both floors?
Yes.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #2241
Gcvav
Earning My Ears

Smile New Vgc owners!

So excited, we are finally owners at vgc. Just received our title today. Bought direct at Aulani earlier in the year and resale vgc recently.
Gcvav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #2242
XMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcvav View Post
So excited, we are finally owners at vgc. Just received our title today. Bought direct at Aulani earlier in the year and resale vgc recently.
Congrats!! How many points were you able to get resale? Who did you go thru? We are looking to add on to our 100 that we have there.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #2243
Gcvav
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMom View Post
Congrats!! How many points were you able to get resale? Who did you go thru? We are looking to add on to our 100 that we have there.
Thanks! We bought 100 points through TSS. We paid the full asking of $115. Contracts have been going fast at vgc so we didn't want to chance losing it. We are in Canada so didn't even have the option of buying direct (our Province doesn't allow Disney to sell here). Saved lots of $$ buying resale.
Gcvav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:28 PM   #2244
Chereya
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcvav View Post
Thanks! We bought 100 points through TSS. We paid the full asking of $115. Contracts have been going fast at vgc so we didn't want to chance losing it. We are in Canada so didn't even have the option of buying direct (our Province doesn't allow Disney to sell here). Saved lots of $$ buying resale.
Congrats! Hope to one day convince the hubby that we need to buy!!
Old 05-10-2013, 03:43 AM   #2245
Djsgoofy
Earning My Ears

My husband has injured his leg and it looks like we will probably have to cancel our 5 nights in a studio starting on Sunday. If the leg is not better by tomorrow, I will be cancelling in the afternoon. Hopefully some one will be able to take an unexpected last minute trip.
Djsgoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #2246
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djsgoofy
My husband has injured his leg and it looks like we will probably have to cancel our 5 nights in a studio starting on Sunday. If the leg is not better by tomorrow, I will be cancelling in the afternoon. Hopefully some one will be able to take an unexpected last minute trip.
Oh no! Hope he's feeling better! I wish I could snag that reservation!
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #2247
floribr1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We did in fact book the GV with the views. Thanks for your input. We're keeping the details a secret from our friends whom we are bringing so we're hoping for that exact reaction you described. They have 4 youngish kids and I know they will be floored when they see the views.
We just got back from a trip to the VGC. We stayed two nights in a studio (1504) followed by 4 nights in a grand villa! We don't own at VGC, and so had to book at 7 months. We checked in to the studio last Friday (May 3) close to midnight, so I was not at all surprised to get a less than prime room location. I am always hopeful, but try to be realistic about such things so I don't get disappointed. We were pleasantly suprised with studio 1504, since even though the view is minimal, we could still hear all of the "happy sounds" from Paradise Pier. It was great!

We had also planned to have a Cinco de Mayo party in the grand villa on Sunday; we had 13 guests in total and the villa was more than enough space for our group! When I booked the grand villa, the thought never occurred to me to check the box for "search for HA accomodations." So we basically just had to rely on luck and ended up with the pool-view grand villa (4513). It was beautiful and our families just loved it. We loved the master bathroom, and I think I would miss the way the beautiful shower is layed out in that master. Plus we did use the kitchen for cooking quite a bit, so it was nice to have the standard kitchen layout.

All things considered -- I would probably have still preferred the grand villa with the awesome view. But I knew our chances were 50-50 and we were delighted in any case. I really doubt there is a better place anywhere in either Disneyland or WDW to spend some quality family time. It really is great for everyone to have their own space. You will not be disappointed!
floribr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #2248
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by floribr1 View Post
We just got back from a trip to the VGC. We stayed two nights in a studio (1504) followed by 4 nights in a grand villa! We don't own at VGC, and so had to book at 7 months. We checked in to the studio last Friday (May 3) close to midnight, so I was not at all surprised to get a less than prime room location. I am always hopeful, but try to be realistic about such things so I don't get disappointed. We were pleasantly suprised with studio 1504, since even though the view is minimal, we could still hear all of the "happy sounds" from Paradise Pier. It was great!

We had also planned to have a Cinco de Mayo party in the grand villa on Sunday; we had 13 guests in total and the villa was more than enough space for our group! When I booked the grand villa, the thought never occurred to me to check the box for "search for HA accomodations." So we basically just had to rely on luck and ended up with the pool-view grand villa (4513). It was beautiful and our families just loved it. We loved the master bathroom, and I think I would miss the way the beautiful shower is layed out in that master. Plus we did use the kitchen for cooking quite a bit, so it was nice to have the standard kitchen layout.

All things considered -- I would probably have still preferred the grand villa with the awesome view. But I knew our chances were 50-50 and we were delighted in any case. I really doubt there is a better place anywhere in either Disneyland or WDW to spend some quality family time. It really is great for everyone to have their own space. You will not be disappointed!
Any chance you have some photos of that minimal view to post over at this thread? - Villas at Disney's Grand Californian - Room Views

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:34 PM   #2249
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

floribr1,
Awesome for getting a grand villa for 4 nights!!! That's exactly how many nights WE stayed in that SAME GV back in 2011!! The space in both GV's are spectacular!!
So glad to hear you all had a great time!!
Now looking foward to hearing how Breyean enjoys their time in the Grand Villa!
We had our stay there (not the grand villa) just last month @ VGC but missing it SO MUCH already as I was driving by there yesterday!
Old 05-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #2250
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Just wondering where exactly is the laundry room? We will be in a studio.

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: