Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #2146
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Molly good for you on the loss this week. Sorry the doc was so unhelpful; dare I say it's a man thing for them to listen silently and then leave with questions and issues unaddressed/ignore the doc's advice? He's pretty determined, that guy of yours. Sounds like it runs in the family!

1st trip May/June 06
Jan/Feb 07, same crew at CBR. DCL Magic Eastern Dec 07 CSR Sept 2009
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa

PTR/TR Without the Mouse Round 2
TR: First visit to Universal/SeaWorld Feb 2011
coastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:52 AM   #2147
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Let me tell you about my morning. :

(Besides the icky part where I had to accompany my kid to school for his shot--public health does that in Canada but that may be unusual in the US?--and see him come too close to a melt down but hold it together...

So off to WI. I started on Wednesdays but moved to Tuesdays--but yesterday I couldn't get there--anyway--squirrel!--I got there. Down 2 more lbs this week, that's 5.1 in 3 weeks, which is fabulous for me. I am 0.2 from my 10%! I am holding on to how close I am, not moaning about NOT getting the extra 0.2. NEXT week I really want to walk away with that key fob!

Then I went to Costco and walked out with NO prepared or processed food! Yay, me! What I did walk out with was a case of oranges, a few lbs of bananas, a big container of strawberries and another of yummy little tomatoes, and a big pack of lettuce. That is such a good sign to me, because in the past we'd NEVER make it through even normal size purchases before the produce rotted. Now I'm buying Costco quantities, baby! And we'll eat it all.

I also returned a pair of size 16 pants I bought last week and purchased two more of the same style in a size 14. I have tried to buy lots of things at Costco and usually find their largest size is too small. Not this time!

I am starting a new job in about 2 wks. I have been working from home as an independent, but there's been no client for a few months now and it's time. I'd MUCH rather work from home, but it's not happening. Not looking forward to driving downtown and all that, but glad I could find a decent job with interesting work. A little worried about making time for exercise and healthy food. And I have to find a new evening meeting instead of my Tuesday morning. The two leaders I know don't do evenings, so I feel like I'm starting over. That's part of the reason I want to get my 10% next week, so Fiona, the leader I love, can give it to me, rather than someone I've just met. Anyway, happy to be heading into next week with a good start.

1st trip May/June 06
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #2148
tubachick
DIS Veteran
Official DIS "good thread" popcorn supplier

16 Weeks

Happy Wednesday Everyone!!!!

I have a lot of reading to catch up on!!! Congrats to everyone on all your hard work this past week!!!

I had WI on Saturday and I was down 2.0. That was awesome. I was at my 16 week mark too!!! that's a total of 21 down so far!!! (or I like to think of it as 84 sticks of butter!!!)

Leaving for WDW on Friday.

Hoping not to sabotage myself too badly on the trip. I'll let you know how it goes!!!

Pam
POP 10/12**CR 5/12**POP 2/12**POP 10/11**POP 7/11**POP 3/11**WL 1/11**WL 12/10**POP 10/10**CR 08/10**CSR 07/10** POP 05/10**POP 02/10 ** WL 11/09**WL 08/09**POP 06/09**POP 03/09** ASM 1/09**YC 8/08**ASM 4/08 **ASM 10/07**WL 9/07**DL/PP 4/2007**DCL 3/2007 ** CBR 3/2007**YC 8/2006**CBR 3/2006**CR 8/2005 ** WL (Honeymoon Suite)2/2005**WL(DISNEYMOON Concierge level) 4/2003**ASM 12/2000**ALS 1/2001
LAST! IT'S NOT FOR EVERYONE!
Hail thee Babylonia, the goddess of women and all things fertile, and the landmark of the bathroom
tubachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #2149
okiedisnut
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone!!!

Loss another .8!!!! Total -37.4
Slow but sure----might make it to WDW in September and December!!!

Hope y'all have a great week

Karyn
okiedisnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #2150
disneymom3
I think I could adjust!!
Owns a S'mores maker .... yum
I have declared a moratorium on the food/kid appliances

Hi. Went to my first meeting today. I have 39 daily Pts to use. So tomorrow, I have planned a WW smoothie for breakfast....and then I got stuck. I have no idea where to go next as far as what I plan to eat. Part of my problem is that right now, I am not sure if I'm even going to be home for dinner, but part of it is just blanking on what I should make.

Anyway, I plan to read through the thread in the next few days. Glad to have found it.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:14 AM   #2151
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom3 View Post
Hi. Went to my first meeting today. I have 39 daily Pts to use. So tomorrow, I have planned a WW smoothie for breakfast....and then I got stuck. I have no idea where to go next as far as what I plan to eat. Part of my problem is that right now, I am not sure if I'm even going to be home for dinner, but part of it is just blanking on what I should make.

Anyway, I plan to read through the thread in the next few days. Glad to have found it.
Have you read through the plan materials? Since you're going to meetings...it's in the glossy booklets. They look like ads but contain info like the Good Health Guidelines that you should plan meals around and other info. It took me a bit to actually read them because I didn't think they had the info in there. Imagine my surprise!

In the beginning, take it easy on yourself as you learn to eat in this new way. Stock the fridge with fruits and veggies, read the materials, eat your points, and just keep reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastgirl View Post
Molly good for you on the loss this week. Sorry the doc was so unhelpful; dare I say it's a man thing for them to listen silently and then leave with questions and issues unaddressed/ignore the doc's advice? He's pretty determined, that guy of yours. Sounds like it runs in the family!
It's not so much that he ignored it, but it was simply impossible to rest his leg. DH knew it but didn't tell the guy. He just gets really, I don't know, stuck when talking with MDs. He and I have both had some horrendous dealings with MDs, one-degree-away-from-malpractice-type of experiences, and that'll mess a person up.

He also went through three YEARS of MDs and even NDs telling him that his symptoms were being caused by the awesome diagnosis of "being fat". Of being denied labwork to check his hormones even when he was asking for that.

After 3 years of "I'm doing WW, I'm losing weight here you can see my tracker, but my chest is getting bigger, my shirts are getting tight" and various other problems, what it took for his pituitary tumor to be diagnosed was a weekend spent feeling SO horrible he asked to go to the urgent care, where they found a sudden and random blood sugar of something like 500, then a referral to a primary care guy who said "you don't need more testing, you don't need an endocrinologist...you are fat, it's type 2, take these drugs." I got him a referral to an endocrinologist (using the urgent care doc's info, since he thought it was type 1 from how it presented), the endo urged the family to come in so we did, and since he was doing lab work anyway we asked him to check out hormone levels. This found a testosterone level of almost ZERO, and a prolactin level that was what it should be in a woman who is breastfeeding.

Gosh, that was in 2009, and he's been treating the prolactinoma ever since (it's a slow slow process), but those years of being so blatantly ignored also messed him up.

I need to find us a proper sports physician that can take care of both of us as these things crop up. Do proper orthopedic tests, make proper diagnoses that agree with what I think is going on, give walking boots when needed, LOL....

Ay ay ay, I'm always so wordy.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:48 AM   #2152
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

My hubby lost 2.8 today! I'm so happy for him. And he hit another 5 lb star today. That's 10 pounds in 6 weeks. Losin' like a man, as Charles Barkley would say. I hope it continues for him, because it has been SO hard!

And it was actually kind of neat at the meeting, because for whatever reason he was the only one getting official recognition for a loss today. So he got his own extra moment in the sun.
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #2153
robinb
DIS Veteran

I have had my ActiveLink for about 4 weeks now. So far, I really liked it and I was earning points at about the rate I thought I should or maybe even a bit more. I couldn't figure out why people hated it . Now I do. I took the ActiveLink off to check my status and forgot to put it back on before I brought my DD to swim team practice. I was bummed that I wouldn't get "credit" for my time on the treadmill but then I remembered that I could ADD an activity into the system if I forgot to wear the ActiveLink. Yay! So, I hopped on the treadmill at 3.5 MPH for 55 minutes. In the pre-AL days I would earn 4-5 points for that. What did the Activity Link give me when I manually entered the data? ONE STINKING POINT. What the heck? I thought that maybe the AL didn't take my manual entry into account so I chatted with customer service online and just spent 20 minutes on the phone with someone. "That's how AL works. They have a different system for calculating points. They use your movements." Yeah, but when I MANUALLY enter a time in the stupid thing should use WW point guidelines. That means I should have earned a MINIMUM of 2-3 points for 55 minutes on a treadmill even if I weighed 100 lbs. Not ONE. Grrrr. So, I futzed around with the manual entry until it gave me 4 points for my workout.

Bite me, ActiveLink.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #2154
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I have had my ActiveLink for about 4 weeks now. So far, I really liked it and I was earning points at about the rate I thought I should or maybe even a bit more. I couldn't figure out why people hated it . Now I do. I took the ActiveLink off to check my status and forgot to put it back on before I brought my DD to swim team practice. I was bummed that I wouldn't get "credit" for my time on the treadmill but then I remembered that I could ADD an activity into the system if I forgot to wear the ActiveLink. Yay! So, I hopped on the treadmill at 3.5 MPH for 55 minutes. In the pre-AL days I would earn 4-5 points for that. What did the Activity Link give me when I manually entered the data? ONE STINKING POINT. What the heck? I thought that maybe the AL didn't take my manual entry into account so I chatted with customer service online and just spent 20 minutes on the phone with someone. "That's how AL works. They have a different system for calculating points. They use your movements." Yeah, but when I MANUALLY enter a time in the stupid thing should use WW point guidelines. That means I should have earned a MINIMUM of 2-3 points for 55 minutes on a treadmill even if I weighed 100 lbs. Not ONE. Grrrr. So, I futzed around with the manual entry until it gave me 4 points for my workout.

Bite me, ActiveLink.
Well that's annoying! I just wear a heart rate monitor and manually enter activity points based on calories burned. I'm sure it's not 100% accurate, but it's close enough for me!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #2155
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Made my 10% today, got me a keychain, woohoo! I really wanted to reach it this week before I have to switch meetings. (I start a regular 9-to-5 on Tuesday, so next week I have to go after work! Not at 9:30 in the morning!) I was only .2 lbs from my 10% last week, and managed a .6 loss this week. Not a great result this week, but I've had a couple of good weeks and this was juuuuust enough. Pleased with myself. I still have a long way to go, but this is good progress.

I am trying to save my weeklies and stick to my earned APs for extra points. I still need some weeklies, but last week I earned 29 APs (and ate 'em) and only used 13 weeklies. Today I was going to take a shorter walk but I wanted a glass of wine with dinner to celebrate, so I made the 4 pts. (And there should be a wine smilie, not just a beer smilie! )

For mother's day I got a milk steamer/frother. I am loving it. I am not a big coffee drinker, but I treat myself with the occasional latte. So now I can do my little press-pot of coffee and steam 6 oz of skim milk. I have some mocha powder and some caramel syrup to choose from, and if I am careful I can have a lovely hot bev for 2 pts. I have a hard time getting my dairy, and now I can drink my milk AND have a treat all at the same time. The frother actually works better with skim than with whole or 2%, and it's such a treat, if I use my imagination it's almost like whipped cream.

I hope everyone else is having a successful week!

1st trip May/June 06

Old 05-17-2013, 08:40 AM   #2156
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Made my 10% today, got me a keychain, woohoo! I really wanted to reach it this week before I have to switch meetings. (I start a regular 9-to-5 on Tuesday, so next week I have to go after work! Not at 9:30 in the morning!) I was only .2 lbs from my 10% last week, and managed a .6 loss this week. Not a great result this week, but I've had a couple of good weeks and this was juuuuust enough. Pleased with myself. I still have a long way to go, but this is good progress.

I am trying to save my weeklies and stick to my earned APs for extra points. I still need some weeklies, but last week I earned 29 APs (and ate 'em) and only used 13 weeklies. Today I was going to take a shorter walk but I wanted a glass of wine with dinner to celebrate, so I made the 4 pts. (And there should be a wine smilie, not just a beer smilie! )

For mother's day I got a milk steamer/frother. I am loving it. I am not a big coffee drinker, but I treat myself with the occasional latte. So now I can do my little press-pot of coffee and steam 6 oz of skim milk. I have some mocha powder and some caramel syrup to choose from, and if I am careful I can have a lovely hot bev for 2 pts. I have a hard time getting my dairy, and now I can drink my milk AND have a treat all at the same time. The frother actually works better with skim than with whole or 2%, and it's such a treat, if I use my imagination it's almost like whipped cream.

Congratulations for making your 10%!! I hope your new meeting works out for you. I think it'll be hard to weigh in for the first couple of weeks, so give yourself some slack until you "normalize" to weighing in after eating 2 meals.

I was up .2 yesterday. that ^&%* spring break gain is STILL not gone . I hate this! But, I'm OK with the .2 gain because I stepped up my exercise in the past 2 weeks since that was what really helped before my vacation.

My meeting was interesting yesterday. My leader went on a tangent because a lot of people were telling her that they felt like they were "stuck". She talked about what makes a real plateau (less than 2 lbs over 4 weeks) and then talked about what you can do to shake things up. She has been a leader for a long time and she is a big cheerleader of using your weekly points. She sees a *lot* of people who start out with just their dailies and then actually lose more once they eat more food. She asked people if they eat their Weeklies and more than one person raised their hand. Then one of them said, "I can't eat all my daily points. What do I eat to get my points up?" She wasn't particularly big and probably at the bottom of the points allotment. I think that everyone else looked at her like she grew a second head. Her breakfast? A half a grapefruit and a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese for 2 points. I would be gnawing off my arm by 10:00 if I only ate that! My leader said "That's too low! You need to fuel your body." FWIW, she suggested that the woman eat popcorn with olive oil in the evening to being her points up. Knowing the leader she will talk to the member in private next week, especially if the member is one who is struggling.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #2157
Goofygirl17
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Congratulations on the 10%!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Congratulations for making your 10%!! I hope your new meeting works out for you. I think it'll be hard to weigh in for the first couple of weeks, so give yourself some slack until you "normalize" to weighing in after eating 2 meals.

I was up .2 yesterday. that ^&%* spring break gain is STILL not gone . I hate this! But, I'm OK with the .2 gain because I stepped up my exercise in the past 2 weeks since that was what really helped before my vacation.

My meeting was interesting yesterday. My leader went on a tangent because a lot of people were telling her that they felt like they were "stuck". She talked about what makes a real plateau (less than 2 lbs over 4 weeks) and then talked about what you can do to shake things up. She has been a leader for a long time and she is a big cheerleader of using your weekly points. She sees a *lot* of people who start out with just their dailies and then actually lose more once they eat more food. She asked people if they eat their Weeklies and more than one person raised their hand. Then one of them said, "I can't eat all my daily points. What do I eat to get my points up?" She wasn't particularly big and probably at the bottom of the points allotment. I think that everyone else looked at her like she grew a second head. Her breakfast? A half a grapefruit and a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese for 2 points. I would be gnawing off my arm by 10:00 if I only ate that! My leader said "That's too low! You need to fuel your body." FWIW, she suggested that the woman eat popcorn with olive oil in the evening to being her points up. Knowing the leader she will talk to the member in private next week, especially if the member is one who is struggling.
Sounds like a good leader.
Goofygirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #2158
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

I forgot to check in here this week. Down 1.6 for a total of 87.4. Hazardous week coming up though -- we are going to visit my parents, staying in Bethany Beach, DE. Dh loves his beach food, so I know that in three days we will squeeze in everything.

Any way, I lost all the weight gained in April at Disney and then some, so I am pretty pleased with this.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #2159
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I forgot to check in here this week. Down 1.6 for a total of 87.4. Hazardous week coming up though -- we are going to visit my parents, staying in Bethany Beach, DE. Dh loves his beach food, so I know that in three days we will squeeze in everything.

Any way, I lost all the weight gained in April at Disney and then some, so I am pretty pleased with this.
That's great!
Old 05-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #2160
ChattaDIS
Earning My Ears

Can somebody help me with the App. How do you use your weekly or activity points? I can figure out how to input them but cant figure out how to show them as being used. I don't think if I go over my Daily allowance that it then reduces these.
ChattaDIS is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: