Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2013, 08:32 AM   #31
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post

Good post. All great points.

Everyone really needs to stop comparing US and Disney. Honestly, if Disney were not in Florida none of the other parks would nearly as successful as they are. Disney is a vacation spot. You can spend 2 weeks and still have not done everything. US is an amusement park. The rides and attractions at US are well done and yes, they are putting in a great effort. But lets be honest. How many families are going to US for a week or more each year? Not nearly as many as Disney and that doesn't even include the DVC members that are there all the time.

Good news that the profits are there. Please be assured that a goo chunk of those profits are needed and will be used to continue updating and expanding the options at the parks. I still think the cost is reasonable for what my family gets.
I agree, I'm happy Disney is doing well, because I know they will continue to deliver top notch vacations. You get what you pay for and I'm ok with paying a little more for continued quality!

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #32
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFL View Post
The problem is there is NO breakdown of those numbers of Anaheim vs Orlando....most of that increase was probably in Anaheim.
If anaheim represents, lets say for arguments sake, one fourth of the revenue for the parks ( I think this is generous) and was the major source of the increase, their revenue would have to increase by 280 percent to result in a 70 percent increase in the total park revenue. Likewise, to represent half of the increase, they would need 140 percent.-- Did cars land really do that much? That would be amazing.
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #33
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleiada View Post
I agree, I'm happy Disney is doing well, because I know they will continue to deliver top notch vacations. You get what you pay for and I'm ok with paying a little more for continued quality!
agree.
I'd be surprised if anyone has ever spent an entire week at US exclusively.

Last edited by beer dave; 05-12-2013 at 06:14 PM.
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #34
Mouse14
Wish I was at the Lodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDale79 View Post

Disney doesn't have to do what Universal is doing, this article just kind of proves it. Disney can continue to coast or adding attractions that aren't mind blowing like Universal is, yet people will still go.

As long as attendance is still up, Disney will continue to do the least they can and try to get every penny out of their guest. It's no longer about Customer Service, it's all about bottom line now.
I completely disagree with this, Disney has always been and still is about customer service....everytime I'm there I am blown away from the high level of customer service.

Dates i can remember....
Annual pass holder in Feb 2010

Wilderness lodge- (Feb 4,5,6 2010)(Feb 4,5,6 2011)
Caribbean Beach - (Mar 2010)
Saratoga Springs- (July 2010)
Coronado- (Aug2010)
Offsite for Not so scary Halloween party (Oct 2010)
Allstar Movies for Very Merry Christmas party (Dec2010)

POP for Vey Merry (Dec 2011)
Aulani for honeymoon (Feb 4-11 2012)
Mouse14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #35
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse14 View Post
I completely disagree with this, Disney has always been and still is about customer service....everytime I'm there I am blown away from the high level of customer service.
I totally agree!
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #36
Lucille1963
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFL View Post
The problem is there is NO breakdown of those numbers of Anaheim vs Orlando....most of that increase was probably in Anaheim.
This was my first thought too.

Lucille1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #37
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse14 View Post
I guess it depends on what you compare it to. None of the hotels or resorts provide a high level of customer service if compared to other high quality hotels in the same price range around the world.

I don't get the same high quality service at restaurants in wdw as I do at other restaurants that I drop $300.00 per meal.

I don't find the bartenders or kiosk vendors doing an exceptionally good job either. The level of training is simply not there compared to the price.

I wouldn't say Disney has bad customer service, but I think it would be a stretch to say they have a high level.

I am not being argumentative, but it really is about perspective.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #38
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
I guess it depends on what you compare it to. None of the hotels or resorts provide a high level of customer service if compared to other high quality hotels in the same price range around the world.

I don't get the same high quality service at restaurants in wdw as I do at other restaurants that I drop $300.00 per meal.

I don't find the bartenders or kiosk vendors doing an exceptionally good job either. The level of training is simply not there compared to the price.

I wouldn't say Disney has bad customer service, but I think it would be a stretch to say they have a high level.

I am not being argumentative, but it really is about perspective.

You are on the money about it all being about perspective and being very subjective.

I do agree the hotel are expensive, but I have always found the service to be top notch. Granted you are not at the waldorf or fours seasons. The fly in the ink well with this is your paying for being at WDW, on Disney property and paying for all the perks and extras like the transportation, monorails, boats, , near DTD, shows, fireworks, campfires, characters about, in a nut shell *pixie dust*. You can't find Pixie dust anywhere else and Disney knows it. Hopefully Disney will never forget it either! I think Iger got a good kick in the rump with HP.

Maybe another way to put this.......if you took the Disney resorts and put them out in a Kansas corn field, could you charge what they charge now? NO......if you took the Waldorf and put it out in another Kansas corn field, could you charge what they are charging now...NO!

Its about location!

Otherwise I have rarely ever had anything but great service in the restaurants, parks etc. Again the price reflects being at Disney!

Like all companies Disney is going to charge what the market will bear.

JMHO,

AKK

Last edited by Tonka's Skipper; 05-18-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: