Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 03:58 PM   #2596
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
No luck on snagging the BOG ADR. :-( I checked like 5 minutes after she said she canceled it. And checked website and called. Nothing...

Rats. :-(

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
BOO I am so glad I was able to snag a dinner ADR for our September trip. Are you still going to try and eat there for lunch?

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 05-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #2597
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

BOO I am so glad I was able to snag a dinner ADR for our September trip. Are you still going to try and eat there for lunch?
Definitely!! :-)

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #2598
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Just did online check-in! 20 days to go... Sorry... let me do it properly:

20 More Days!

So, I didn't realize but you can put a couple requests in online when you check in? Anywho, not that I know what I'm doing but I put:

CBR: Corner room, Second floor
AKL: Highest floor

I was torn whether to not put any requests on the AKL one but I think I'd rather not have a low floor if given the choice.

Sheila: Did Santa in Brown bring your new toy yet?

Koh: Sorry you weren't able to nab it. Keep checking though, ya never know.

Sitting here and the dark clouds are rolling in, enough to turn on the street lights! Guess we'll be getting some thunderstorms after all. As long as I hear no sirens, I'm good.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #2599
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post

20 More Days!

So, I didn't realize but you can put a couple requests in online when you check in? Anywho, not that I know what I'm doing but I put:

I was torn whether to not put any requests on the AKL one but I think I'd rather not have a low floor if given the choice.

Sitting here and the dark clouds are rolling in, enough to turn on the street lights! Guess we'll be getting some thunderstorms after all. As long as I hear no sirens, I'm good.
What requests could you do for AKL?

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 05-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #2600
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

20 More Days!

Miss Yep!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-18-2013, 12:51 AM   #2601
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:

20 More Days!

almost there!! I don't know what to say about floor at AKL. I prefer a high floor too. But some do like the lower floors.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 05-18-2013, 01:40 AM   #2602
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
almost there!! I don't know what to say about floor at AKL. I prefer a high floor too. But some do like the lower floors.
Personally I think it depends on the room category booked. I only stayed there once in a Standard room on the 4th floor which was fine as the balcony overlooked the front of the resort. If I stay there again I hope to book a savannah view and 2 floor as I think the viewing of the animals is better from pictures I have seen. Pool view I would prefer higher.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-18-2013, 02:08 AM   #2603
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch View Post
So I made some of the Le Cellier cheese soup last night, and I had this idea today to take the leftovers and use it as a cheese sauce to make macaroni and cheese. Genius idea, best mac&cheese I ever made.
Yum! I'm going to have to try that! Sounds wonderful. Love making Disney recipes. I just made the O'Hanna honey & lime dressing.

Quote:

This is DD at her birthday party...(testing out my photobucket app)

Adorable!! And the beach thingys look great too!!
Glad to hear DS is doing better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I leave for only 5 short days and ....... drama in our RC compound! NO WAY! But I will say you ladies did a great job of handling it ..... probably better Mama Linda wasn't here!!!

Jeanette the biggest hug to you and DS!!!

So I may have a little .... did I say little??? I mean BIG RC of my own .... while we were in So Cal DS told us the wedding .... which we've all been waiting years for ..... will be happening this fall .... late Oct or early Nov. When is my trip late Oct early Nov!!! Now we are all THRILLED about the wedding but do you think you could give me a date so I can start making my changes/plans???? No not until maybe July!!! It's going to be a very simple wedding .... after all they did just buy a house in So Cal .... $$$$$ .... so they are being practical. So as of right now my trip is in a holding pattern ....
Congrats on the wedding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi ladies! We are having an amazing time so far! DH and I feel like we have done a 7 day trip already in 2 days! Honestly it is amazing the difference in the girls even since September, they can go go go!

Our room is 5672, full balcony, daybed, facing the front of the BC. We can see the little waterfall out front, and a lovely Oaktree! CL is perfect for us right now, the timing has been impeccable to be able to come back for our night out at MK last night ( after going through Epcot to do a few rides and see the OZ garden) to have some sweets and drinks. Breakfast was good, in a few minutes we are going to have some munches before heading to HS to see Fantasmic tonight. I LOVED New Fantasyland in the dark last night, what a special sight to see Cinderellas castle, belles castle and my favourite was aerials castle all lit up. So neat.

SAB is awesome!! DH and I think we may have spoiled the kids now for sure! Our latest conversation is where the heck to book the bounce back for??

In the running is here, contemporary, or POR. I think I could always modify it right?

Gotta go, have to get the girlies cleaned up after pool time! Thanks for asking about our trip!

Jen
Sounds like a good trip so far. We loved bc CL. I am addicted to the potato chips!

I got so far behind! So many things to get caught up with!

WOOKIE. That's one cute pup. I hope you go get it.

DZNY. Happy Belated!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 05-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #2604
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Oh, that is so true!!! I am big "kid"! My favorite part of Disney movies is the beginning with the castle, fireworks and "when you wish upon a star"... my eyes water every time!!
Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Jeanette Omg DL? As for the 3 day drive I would love to drive out to Cali, just think of all you will see on the way
So I mentioned it to DH he was like you want to DOUBLE the driving time with the kids

Quote:
We can drink wine while stomping correct????
Quote:
Did someone say DL???? I say yes .... Diva trip next Feb/Mar .... just imagine 65++ women in matching cute tee shirts, picture in front of the castle with everyone wearing a tiara .... and it looks like this year they're adding a pub crawl with everyone in an ORANGE shirt!!!
Maybe our next couples trip...

Quote:
No luck on snagging the BOG ADR. :-( I checked like 5 minutes after she said she canceled it. And checked website and called. Nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!!! It's been a great day so far! Being 30 isn't so bad after all!!
My 30th I was about 8 months preggers with HRH, and it was 100 degrees out....so I missed all the hype, I was too hot and hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Happy birthday!!! I turn 30 next year and I'm in total panic mode lol
Sis, you look nowhere NEAR 30

Quote:

20 More Days!

In the teens today So we had a 2nd floor room (really 1st floor with rooms if that makes sense) we LOVED the close up view!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
I got so far behind! So many things to get caught up with!
To catch you up....another RC....

CSR BC~2 connecting rooms (I was originally told none) the CM called the resort...they are limited but available. It cut my grand total in HALF!!! I am almost PIF now!!!!

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 05-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #2605
sjs314

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Me too

So I mentioned it to DH he was like you want to DOUBLE the driving time with the kids

We can drink wine while stomping correct????
Maybe our next couples trip...

My 30th I was about 8 months preggers with HRH, and it was 100 degrees out....so I missed all the hype, I was too hot and hungry

Sis, you look nowhere NEAR 30

In the teens today So we had a 2nd floor room (really 1st floor with rooms if that makes sense) we LOVED the close up view!!!

To catch you up....another RC....

CSR BC~2 connecting rooms (I was originally told none) the CM called the resort...they are limited but available. It cut my grand total in HALF!!! I am almost PIF now!!!!
Jeanette Kinda funny about you switching to CSR BC as I was looking at the room view pics someone posted on the CSR BC Thread and went to check availability for our dates, It became our favorite Mod when we stayed there before. But I would not save much so maybe next trip, I am really wanting to go back for F&G in March but I doubt it too close to this trip.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-18-2013, 04:45 PM   #2606
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Good afternoon ladies.

My trip is....disintegrating before my eyes. I don't know what's going on. My BFF is having mental health issues. I still want to go, but I just don't know anymore. I'm worried about managing the two kids completely alone. What would my RC sisters do?

Sheila I love getting new toys!
sis No more Poly? Gee, should I feign being surprised? And thank you, but I feel like I'm 90.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #2607
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good morning .... we're still talking about bugs????

Did someone say DL???? I say yes .... Diva trip next Feb/Mar .... just imagine 65++ women in matching cute tee shirts, picture in front of the castle with everyone wearing a tiara .... and it looks like this year they're adding a pub crawl with everyone in an ORANGE shirt!!!
ADD my Vote!!!! I think that sounds like a mighty fine idea

Quote:
Good afternoon ladies.

My trip is....disintegrating before my eyes. I don't know what's going on. My BFF is having mental health issues. I still want to go, but I just don't know anymore. I'm worried about managing the two kids completely alone. What would my RC sisters do?
Awe, Dani!! So sorry to hear this! I wish I could go with you, I'd love to share time with you and the kiddos! Maybe one day we'll get to meet up together
As for now, what if you postpone your trip until maybe your mom can join you again? I'd hate for you to get there and feel lonely or overwhelmed! I hope it works out my friend!

I'm having trouble deciding whether I should buy my return airfare for my Diva trip now. I looked at airfare last night and the direct flight I bought a couple weeks ago (Edmonton to LAX) has gone up from the $269 I paid to $300 now - one way! I'm worried they may just continue rising. I'm thinking of flying home from SNA/Orange County airport as it is much smaller and only 15 min from Disneyland. It would make for a more leisurely departure day than fighting Los Angeles airport. / traffic. There is ONE seat left at the $280 price and I'm tempted to grab it. Flight buying is such a gamble! But I'm thinking maybe I should just buy it as I may or may not get a seat sale -- and at most I'd probably only save $50 anyway! Might be worth knowing I have my airfare secured.

I'm jealous and excited today -- the trip I planned for my cousin and his boys in England is here! They are staying overnight in London and fly to Orlando in the morning! They check into Animal Kingdom Lodge tomorrow for 12 days of magical bliss - Deluxe park passes with park hoppers and waterparks and Deluxe dining!!!! They are spending one day at universal too! (Just taking a town car over from Disney for the day) I wish I could be there to share it with them!!! They'll have an awesome time I'm sure
It's our long weekend here (Victoria day) so it'll be nice to have a long weekend to relax at home
Enjoy your Saturday my friends!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 05-18-2013, 06:59 PM   #2608
sjs314

Quote:
Good afternoon ladies.

Sheila I love getting new toys!
sis No more Poly? Gee, should I feign being surprised? And thank you, but I feel like I'm 90.
Dani Sorry to hear about your BFF As for your trip I am sure it could be quite a challenge taking the kiddos by yourself, not sure what to tell you.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #2609
sjs314

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
ADD my Vote!!!! I think that sounds like a mighty fine idea

Awe, Dani!! So sorry to hear this! I wish I could go with you, I'd love to share time with you and the kiddos! Maybe one day we'll get to meet up together
As for now, what if you postpone your trip until maybe your mom can join you again? I'd hate for you to get there and feel lonely or overwhelmed! I hope it works out my friend!

I'm having trouble deciding whether I should buy my return airfare for my Diva trip now. I looked at airfare last night and the direct flight I bought a couple weeks ago (Edmonton to LAX) has gone up from the $269 I paid to $300 now - one way! I'm worried they may just continue rising. I'm thinking of flying home from SNA/Orange County airport as it is much smaller and only 15 min from Disneyland. It would make for a more leisurely departure day than fighting Los Angeles airport. / traffic. There is ONE seat left at the $280 price and I'm tempted to grab it. Flight buying is such a gamble! But I'm thinking maybe I should just buy it as I may or may not get a seat sale -- and at most I'd probably only save $50 anyway! Might be worth knowing I have my airfare secured.

I'm jealous and excited today -- the trip I planned for my cousin and his boys in England is here! They are staying overnight in London and fly to Orlando in the morning! They check into Animal Kingdom Lodge tomorrow for 12 days of magical bliss - Deluxe park passes with park hoppers and waterparks and Deluxe dining!!!! They are spending one day at universal too! (Just taking a town car over from Disney for the day) I wish I could be there to share it with them!!! They'll have an awesome time I'm sure
It's our long weekend here (Victoria day) so it'll be nice to have a long weekend to relax at home
Enjoy your Saturday my friends!
Marie Good luck with the flight. I had to buy my return, I was so worried about it going up more but I have to say I never paid so much to fly one way ever!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-18-2013, 11:21 PM   #2610
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Marie Good luck with the flight. I had to buy my return, I was so worried about it going up more but I have to say I never paid so much to fly one way ever!
I got nervous and booked too! I'll be flying INTO LAX on FEB 25, and arriving around 12:30. Hopefully Christine will get a flight close to my time so we can take the shuttle together. I decided to fly OUT of SNA Orange County airport, as it is only 15 min from DL - less hectic on my departure day is better! I depart at 2:50 pm, so that gives me a leisurely morning for brunch and a last look about before heading out to the airport. The prices where a little higher than I liked ($269 EDMONTON to LAX / $280 SNA to EDMONTON) - gee, I could have flown to Florida for that! but at least it's booked and guaranteed. Also, breaking it up I to one way fares made it easier to budget and pay for, it didn't hurt as much as paying for it all at once would have!
I hate that booking airfare is such a gamble!! Now I'm hoping Christine finds good times and prices for her flights

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: