Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013, 06:24 AM   #151
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
the rooms looks great. Now if one of those behemoths stayed put and didn't go out to sea and I could get off when I wanted--i'd totally be in. But seriously that place looks grand.
My favorite way to cruise.

Kate

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #152
mefordis
Imitation: the sincerest form of flattery

Yay! I just found this! Your trip reports are my favorites! Along with timandlesley but she doesn't post them anymore! Boo!!

Thank you and cannot WAIT to read (while I should be cleaning my house!!!)

Oct 2013 Boardwalk Villas
Aug 2010 Wilderness Lodge
May 2009 DLR Grand Californian
April 2008 POFQ
Aug 2007 - Condo
May 2007 Yacht Club
Sept 2006 CSR/POR
mefordis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #153
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Hiya podsnel!! Been off the DISboards a couple of weeks, get back and you have a new TR! I would have loved to do something like this with any of my children when they were younger. I look forward to the rest of the trip. As usual, an excellent TR!!!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #154
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

The dismoms are tearing up the park!

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:42 AM   #155
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Smile ** UPDaTES?? **

(ok....what wine goes well when washing your laundry??)

With this being "Winesday Thursday" (or something like that), I thought I'd give ya a shout out & say:

** I MISS YOUR UPDATES **

T.T.F.N.
&
Cheers
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; CHRISTMAS / NYE 2014
MY "ADVENTURES N WALT DISNEY WORLD & NASSAU BAHAMAS OVeR CHRISTMAS /NYE 2015" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #156
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Hey everyone! Sorry I have been MIA- busy catching up after being away with the DISmoms! I will be back with replies and updates soon- hopefully today- but in the meantime, I hope you'll join us over on the new DISmoms 5 TR- here's a link! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post48413942
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #157
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Hey everyone! Sorry I have been MIA- busy catching up after being away with the DISmoms! I will be back with replies and updates soon- hopefully today- but in the meantime, I hope you'll join us over on the new DISmoms 5 TR- here's a link! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post48413942
Welcome back!
Can't wait to catch up on your trip
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #158
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
We've gotten in the stateroom 11 X 13 poster like pictures. Some art deco looking, some that look like prints of paintings. One with an art deco rendering of the Eiffel Tower that had a caption like "See the World with Disney Vacation Club", another with a painting of Big Ben. A painting of Mickey Mouse in pirate gear. All were either ads for DVC and/or Adventures by Disney. When I get home later, I'll try to remember to take a pic of my wall and post it here so you can see what I mean.

Maybe you never received those in the stateroom because you are already a member?
Probably- they give me other things onboard, like lanyards, hats and a really nice drawstring backpack-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
More updates!

BOG looks so good. I can’t wait to eat there in August. It is especially helpful that you and Tim ordered the exact two entrees that I am going to be deciding between.

It was really good the second time, too! But my favorite thing is the fries-still.

I really enjoyed the WL and FW pictures. It’s just not a resort that I ever hear that much about. And it looks amazing!

What a nice surprise VWL was!

But I have to admit, I’m so excited that the cruise portion of the TR has begun! DCL cruises really are the best mom vacations ever! We are wrapping up our WDW trip this summer with a cruise on the Fantasy. I cannot wait!!

Cool! We are booked for Dec 28th on the Fantasy- I just booked an excursion in SXM with Captain Bob- very excited to see St Martin by his boat! ARe you an eastern or western?

Actually, I would be interested in hearing what you would advise as far as transportation to the ship. I was sort of thinking that I would get a town car to drive us since it doesn’t cost a ton more and would get us to the port earlier. But I see that you took the DCL bus. Since you have done both, which would you recommend? (Our only other DCL cruise was Alaska, so we have never sailed out of PC before.)

I like the town car better going- but coming home, the bus is excellent, because you leave your luggage in the hall (just like everyone else) but you don't touch it again until you get home. That is AWESOME. I like the town car better on the way to the cruise because you don't pick up more PAX at other hotels, and hopefully the car will go faster than the very slow buses, PLUS you can get to the port BEFORE the buses and get on the ship faster. If I were traveling with just 1 other again, though, I would do the bus again- because of cost- and, again, it is nice not to have to deal with the luggage when you get to port. Although it kind of stinks that I was packing so late at night because they pick it up so early.

The Cabanas lunch offerings look pretty impressive! And your stateroom is beautiful - I love that it is a little different with the slanted wall.

Me too! Different always makes it interesting!

It is really fun to see the pics of the tween and teen clubs. We haven’t made it to those and won’t for a while since my DD is only 6!

I am envious that you have all those years for her to enjoy the awesome younger kids' areas!

We will make sure to do that! Thanks! We are having dinner at Artist Point - decided to do the Deluxe dining plan this trip, so we are checking out a variety of signature restaurants.
Nice! I am putting AP on my short list for my next visit- have only been once, but really enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toniosmom View Post
I'm so happy reading your trip report -- of course, we had that very same view of the ship as we were driving up in the DCL bus. We won't be back until next April, so I'm going to be very homesick between now and then. I'm SO jealous that you will be back next week!

And now home again! It was too fast!

We'll be on the April 13th cruise on the Dream next year, so if you happen to re-book onboard your next trip, remember you have friends on the April 13th sailing! I could use a drinking partner in Pink!
I would LOVE to, but I think we will have baseball endlessly then. Have you seen all the stuff on CC about the Breakaway in the past few days? Looks awesome (except for the smoking-yuck!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Photos like these:

Very nice! And no- we DVC members don't get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Just checkin ' in Ellen !! I have been sick and not on the Dis much!!! Seeing Doctor tomorrow , gotta be well for my cruise !!!
ROSIE!!!! How was your first cruise??? I was thinking of you the whole week!
Old 05-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #159
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
Loved that u had time to do a bike ride before taking on on the cruise. I can hardly get my troops up in time for breakfast before we start vacation lol.

They aren't up at the crack of Kahlua like their Mom? For shame.....

Always love seeing the ship, so cool that the CMs remember people too, I think that's what makes Disney so unique & special!

YES!! agreed!

Good to hear that Timmy was moved up in the clubs and enjoyed it. I am hoping someday to get on another Disney cruise before the boys think they are too big for it. Don't know why they would feel like that when E and I still want to cruise with Mickey lol

My kids are still into it- not any of the characters, but the Edge and Vibe have been fabulous for them- way better than our trip on EOS, which they said was a boring ship.

So how was the food compared to your other time on the dream and magic?

I thought the food was excellent. Breakfast in RP was fantastic, I will eat in there more often on future cruises.

Ps- this time next week we will be recovering from our Thursday night meeting lol so excited
I'm so sad it went by too fast!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
I've finally had chance to catch up!

Firstly and backtracking a little, thanks for all the wonderful WL pictures, we LOVE this resort and one of our fave things to do is hire bike and ride over to FW

You're welcome! We certainly enjoyed it!

I did a horse ride over there a couple of trips ago and really loved it

I will put that in the plans for the future!

Great photos from the Dream. Vibe looks so cool, I love the outdoor space there but sadly I don't exactly fit into the age critera
Me neither, Sista!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Nice update. Im going to have to pick your brain about our family cruise is 2015 as far as cabins go and all the terminology. I feel like I'm learning a new language.

I think if all 5 of us went I would go for 2 cabins- one balcony, one inside. You really will be tight in one cabin because your kids are not babies (sorry!). And nice to have a second bathroom, especially with daughters.

The teen clubs look great! Joshua will be 12 when he cruises. I hope he enjoys them and makes friends.
He will- Timmy LOVED it, he made lots of friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewton64 View Post
.....Kona Kone.
Would be just the ticket the days that I work @ Candlewood Suites.
(THOSE LOOK YUMMY!!)

Q; Can ya fax 1 to me??

I wish I could fax one to ME!

Getting caught up as yer tr's always bring me a smile.

Awww...shucks....

T.T.F.N.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy View Post
The Dream is beautiful...I love the HUGE smile on Timmy's face. He is so cute! I remember the necklaces...
OMG- the necklaces!! Every time I see a lanyard now it makes me laugh! And thanks- Timmy does have a great big smile- you should see him when he does well in baseball. He pitched a no-hitter this week and he was positively BEAMING! He's so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I finally got all caught up from missing so much while on my cruise. The Dream looks awesome! We're considering a little cruise in about a year tacked on to the end of a WDW vacation...I'll be taking notes!
Hi Alison! The Dream is amazing- so much fun!

Quote:
......from my best bud, "Ladybug":

**MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU ****

Looking forward to hearing more updates from ya.

T.T.F.N.
So cute!!
Old 05-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #160
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
My favorite way to cruise.

Kate
UGH! Another one! That's called a HOTEL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefordis View Post
Yay! I just found this! Your trip reports are my favorites! Along with timandlesley but she doesn't post them anymore! Boo!!

That's so sweet! Thank you so much! I loved Timandlesley's TRs, too- is she around at all anymore?

Thank you and cannot WAIT to read (while I should be cleaning my house!!!)
Yea- well, I should be cleaning too- I like this much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Hiya podsnel!! Been off the DISboards a couple of weeks, get back and you have a new TR! I would have loved to do something like this with any of my children when they were younger. I look forward to the rest of the trip. As usual, an excellent TR!!!
Hey Bill! How have you been? I have been MIA myself lately- came home to the usual chaos multiplied by 3 baseball teams- totally nuts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
The dismoms are tearing up the park!
That was a VERY VERY fun day-

Quote:

(ok....what wine goes well when washing your laundry??)

Ummm....ANY....

With this being "Winesday Thursday" (or something like that), I thought I'd give ya a shout out & say:

** I MISS YOUR UPDATES **

T.T.F.N.
&
Cheers
Sorry dude- life beckons and life is crazeee during the end of the school year and during baseball.

For the record, I believe it is Wednesday Winesday and Thirsty Thursday...
Old 05-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #161
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Welcome back!
Can't wait to catch up on your trip
Thanks! I am so envious of your Alaska cruise! It's almost here!!
Old 05-17-2013, 01:02 AM   #162
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
For the record, I believe it is Wednesday Winesday and Thirsty Thursday...
my calendar says its
Moscato or margarita Monday
Tequila Tuesday
Kettle Juan Wednesday lol or wine down Wednesday
Triple Shot Thursday
Fudge Friday (what I drank all week I need some sweets now) lol

Which usually leads to Sloppy Saturday and Sleep it off Sinday lmao
Old 05-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #163
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It was really good the second time, too! But my favorite thing is the fries-still.

What a nice surprise VWL was!

Cool! We are booked for Dec 28th on the Fantasy- I just booked an excursion in SXM with Captain Bob- very excited to see St Martin by his boat! ARe you an eastern or western?

I like the town car better going- but coming home, the bus is excellent, because you leave your luggage in the hall (just like everyone else) but you don't touch it again until you get home. That is AWESOME. I like the town car better on the way to the cruise because you don't pick up more PAX at other hotels, and hopefully the car will go faster than the very slow buses, PLUS you can get to the port BEFORE the buses and get on the ship faster. If I were traveling with just 1 other again, though, I would do the bus again- because of cost- and, again, it is nice not to have to deal with the luggage when you get to port. Although it kind of stinks that I was packing so late at night because they pick it up so early.

I am envious that you have all those years for her to enjoy the awesome younger kids' areas!

Nice! I am putting AP on my short list for my next visit- have only been once, but really enjoyed it.
So glad you are back! And I will definitely be checking out the latest from the DISMoms!

Your BoG review totally has me leaning toward the steak JUST FOR THE FRIES! I have a serious issue with mayo (it is actually my one and only major food issue as a grown-up), but I'm hoping that if I keep calling it "aioli" in my head, I can somehow overcome. The magic of the Beast and his castle should help with that. I mean, I have a real heights phobia, but at WDW, I can totally do things like EE without hyperventilating because of the amazing theming and just the joy of Disney, so it should work. Right? Right???

We are doing the Western on the Fantasy. I think the Eastern has better ports , but I'm going to be honest here and admit that we are not actually doing any port except CC. This cruise is 100% about enjoying the ship for us. After 7 days in WDW in August, we are going to want to chill out. I am looking forward to masses of people exiting the ship on port days - our plan is to do the Aquaduck, swim, and play the detective/painting game (what the heck is the name of that? ) on port days. Heck, I'm looking forward to seeing a movie, enjoying a coffee with no one yelling "MOM!!!!!," etc.

Thank you so much for the info on the transfer vs. town car. I have decided to use Disney for exactly the reason you said - it is quite a bit cheaper with just the two of us. So we won't get on the ship as early - we will be there for 7 days (with no port excursions ) and will have plenty of time to enjoy the ship. I am actually going to switch us to late dining as well - more time to enjoy the pools, shows, etc., and we can get back on West Coast time.

Aww - I do feel very blessed to enjoy these trips with my little one. I can't believe she is 6 already (and I really can't believe that I will be within a couple weeks of 44 when we cruise ). I love that she enjoys the clubs so much. Last night I asked her if she would mind if I booked a dinner for me at Palo and Remy. She said, "Mommy, after Disney World, I am going to want some time to just be with my new friends on the ship, so I don't mind." She loved the kids' club SO MUCH on the Wonder - it was one of her best vacation memories of all time.

Really glad you're back and can't wait for more updates!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:59 AM   #164
15isto2
DIS Veteran

So long without an update, Timmy has probably grown another foot in height

15isto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #165
MEK
DIS Veteran

How the HECK did I NOT know you had this TR going on?

I've got a lot of catching up to do and I am already drooling over the sushi on the first page.

Hope to get caught up soon!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: