Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #91
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #93
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Posting this to all my friends who are REAL Moms and that DEFINITELY includes you!!!!

blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:28 PM   #94
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Thank you for the Mother's Day wishes!! We had a pretty relaxing day today. Went to a late lunch with my mother in law, then went to my step mother in laws to drop off her card.

I hope everyone had a very Happy Mother's Day today!! You all deserve it!!

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:16 AM   #95
ladylyons

As some of you may have read the kids and I were in a car accident today. We were in a parking garage heading up to the higher levels and a guy coming down hit us in the driver's side front corner! I saw him coming so I stopped to make sure he had enough room to make the turn (it's very tight in there) and he must not have been paying attention and he ran into me. All three kids were of course locked into their seats and are perfectly fine!!! I'm also fine but after I finally calmed down and called the insurance company my left shoulder started hurting and has been hurting ever since. So not fair with us leaving for vacation on Monday!! Everyone I've talked to and who has seen the pictures all say it's his fault. He hit me when I was stopped. Here's the damage to my poor van. The fender right there is actually pretty bowed out. More than it looks in the picture. (Please ignore the green paint. That's from about 5 years ago when I was pulling into my garage and rubbed it on the frame!! I was still learning how to park it into our small 1 car garage.)

Old 05-17-2013, 06:18 PM   #96
kaoden39
Hugs

Oh know. I hope that your shoulder is okay. I hope you have a good vacation anyway!
Old 05-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #97
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

I did see this on Judy's thread....so thankful you and the kids are okay!
hope you will feel better before you leave and that you can enjoy the cruise!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:53 AM   #98
ladylyons

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Oh know. I hope that your shoulder is okay. I hope you have a good vacation anyway!
Thank you!! It's not bothering me like it was so I'll just see what happens. The insurance company does know it is bothering me. Good thing is the claims rep I talked to understood how you could start hurting hours after the accident.

I saw you're in a rental now!! That's at least a step in the right direction!! Hope you're able to get all the problems fixed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
I did see this on Judy's thread....so thankful you and the kids are okay!
hope you will feel better before you leave and that you can enjoy the cruise!
Thanks Lisa!! We plan on enjoying the cruise and leaving everything behind us!!!

Now on another note why does it seem like when it rains is pours?

We had another adventure today:

They say bad things come in 3's so I'm really hoping we are done for a very long time!!! First my DH sliced open his hand last week at work (no stitches were need thank goodness!!), then the accident on Thursday and now today Jeremy thought it would be a good idea to mess around on his bed (him and Sarah are in bunk beds and he's the top bunk) and he fell!!!!! He split his ear open!!! With everything going on and with us leaving on Monday I really didn't need the 3 hour Emergency Room visit!!!! He is ok thank goodness!! He ended up with 8 stitches. I couldn't believe how brave he was. When the Dr was stitching him up he never moved but my poor baby did cry. Which I told him was perfectly fine because I probably would be crying too (and I almost did!!!) I had to stay strong for him during the procedure but later after all 3 were in bed I had a good cry. I really needed it. Here's how his ear looked after his stitches. (Before was just really, really bad. You could see the cartilage coming through.)

This one was taken while we were waiting for the Dr to come stitch him up. He wanted one with me. Jeff was at home with James and Sarah.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #99
mommy2mrb

already posted on Judy's thread.... for Jeremy and you! hope he heals quickly! and everything with the car will get covered by the guy who hit you!

for a wonderful, relaxing time on the cruise

Old 05-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #100
kaoden39
Hugs

I feel your pain on Jeremy. When my son Loren was about 20 months old he go a cut on his nose. I called his pediatrician and they fit him in. They had me give him a big dose of Benedryl before he came in. Then I had to hold him down while the Dr stitched him up. It was one of the worst experience I have ever had as a mom.

I hope you have a great cruise!
Old 05-20-2013, 01:39 AM   #101
ladylyons

Quote:
already posted on Judy's thread.... for Jeremy and you! hope he heals quickly! and everything with the car will get covered by the guy who hit you!

for a wonderful, relaxing time on the cruise
Thank you! Hopefully when we get back we'll have the answer (if not before then). I can hope right?

See you in a week!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I feel your pain on Jeremy. When my son Loren was about 20 months old he go a cut on his nose. I called his pediatrician and they fit him in. They had me give him a big dose of Benedryl before he came in. Then I had to hold him down while the Dr stitched him up. It was one of the worst experience I have ever had as a mom.

I hope you have a great cruise!
ahhhh I could only imagine having to hold him down. Jeremy laid still for the most part. I felt horrible for him!!

Thank you!! Leaving in a few hours!!

Old 05-25-2013, 11:19 PM   #102
ladylyons

We're home!!!! That's both a great thing and a bad thing all in one!! We had such a great time that Sarah actually cried yesterday when it was time to get off the boat!! She told us she wanted to live there forever and ever. When asked why she said because they have Fruit Loops!! That's my daughter for you! They all loved the kids club (well maybe not so much James but he did have fun when he wasn't crying from what I could see and from what they told me.) Now to decide for our next vacation do we do another cruise or do we do Disneyland. I'd love to do a Disney Cruise but right now for us it's out of the budget unless I give up all vacations which is just too hard for me to do. That's our family time which is very important to me to have while the kids are young.

Here's a couple pictures from the day we got on the ship. We seemed to have left the camera in the room more often than we brought it out so I didn't take too many pictures. Need to get my DH to get those off the camera so I can see exactly what we did take.

My little family of 5.

My family and my parent's.

Oh and guess what!!!

Jeremy lost his first tooth yesterday!!!!

Van update: I got my van back today!!!! They fixed it while we were out of town and was able to take a credit card over the phone so they could put the keys in it overnight until I could get there today. They were closed today so I'm glad they were able to work with me. It was nice to have a rental van but it's always nice to have your own vehicle back. I talked to my claims adjuster today and they told me they have talked to the other driver but part way through his statement he decided he didn't want to say anymore and said he'd talk to his insurance company and would call them back. He still hasn't called them back. My insurance company hasn't talked to his insurance company yet and the guy I talked to today seemed surprised no one from my company has called the other guy's insurance company. So he was going to get right on that. So I'm still in a standstill on who they are considering is at fault. But I did find out what I need to do to replace my car seats so we are going out tomorrow to do that. So thankful my insurance company is being very helpful in getting everything fixed and taken care of for me. I guess that's the good thing about having a very reputable company (I've had cheap insurance in the past when dealing with an accident and they dragged their feet with everything!!! Thank goodness I can afford better insurance now!!)

Now off to work on a long overdue update!!!

Old 05-25-2013, 11:40 PM   #103
ladylyons

March 24. Fireworks and Fantasmic!!

Two of my most favorite night time shows are Fantasmic and fireworks!! We always try to see them at least once every trip!! Tonight was the night for them!! We headed back to the park around 5 pm, parked our stroller in a standing area of the show and and went on Pirates, Pooh, Jeff and I took turns riding Indy single rider. During this time we ran into Jeremys teacher. He really does like her but for some reason he was being really shy while we were talking to her. I told her we were going to be watching Fantasmic and to join us if theyd like since Id be staking out a spot anyways. I texted her a couple times before the show but never heard from her. Come to find out she had given me the wrong cell phone number. OOPS!!! We did meet up later in the trip!!

I decided this trip since my pictures never seem to come out of the shows I was just going to enjoy it and enjoy it we did!! The weather was perfect so we didnt have any mist blowing in our faces which was very nice!!!

After Fantasmic we stayed where we were and enjoyed the fireworks. I took these with my cell phone.

After fireworks we headed over to use our FPs for Space Mountain!!

Jeff and Jeremy went first using our FPs and then Jeremy and I went using rider swap. (He is so going to hate the day hes not able to go twice in a row like this anymore!!!)

After that we rode Star Tours. Once that was done we decided it was time to head out. We had our own California Adventure to do the next day.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:14 AM   #104
mommy2mrb

Happy you had a fun time on the cruise! love the family photos!!! cute what Sarah said, you should wrap up a box of them for a Christmas gift this year
congrats to Jeremy on losing his first tooth
yay your van is fixed, hope the ins companies get it all worked out for you!

great fireworks photos! sounds like a great night!

hope Jeremy's ear is healing up!

Old 05-26-2013, 11:39 PM   #105
ladylyons

Quote:
Happy you had a fun time on the cruise! love the family photos!!! cute what Sarah said, you should wrap up a box of them for a Christmas gift this year
congrats to Jeremy on losing his first tooth
yay your van is fixed, hope the ins companies get it all worked out for you!

great fireworks photos! sounds like a great night!

hope Jeremy's ear is healing up!
We did have a great time!! Really want to do a Disney Cruise but right now they are just to pricey for our budget unless I'm willing to give up any and all vacations for over a year which I'm not ready to do. Our vacations are a big part of our family time and I'm willing to sacrifice to get what we can do while they are young. They will reach the point where they don't want to spend time with us soon enough so I've got to enjoy this time while they are young. I'm thinking Sarah is going to be getting a big box of Fruit Loops for her birthday in September!! I used to get to get tomatoes for Christmas and my birthday from my grandparent's so I think she can get Fruit loops.

He's been talking about losing a tooth since at least January so I'm glad it's finally happened!! Plus it was so painless for everyone that he can't wait until his next loose tooth!!

I'll be calling my insurance company on Tuesday to make sure they received my receipt for the car seats and to see if we've moved forward any on who is at fault.

It was a fun night!! I couldn't believe how much we got done since there was a little bit of a crowd. We do enjoy what we get to do though.

His ear is actually healing better than I realized!! We are going in next week to get it checked out but I think we'll be fine. Continuing his antibiotic and continuing to keep it clean so I'm not to worried about it. He's still being smart and not jumping on his bed!! Both at home and on the cruise!! Since he was on a bed that pulled down from the wall on the cruise. But then again we kept them going almost all day long so as soon as their heads hit the pillow they were basically asleep.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: