Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #376
DillWaters
Mouseketeer

We are also in CA and Alaska Airlines was over $500pp for coach seats. First class was $550. It worked out to only about $150 difference total for five of us so we splurged.
DillWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #377
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Of all the airlines we looked at, Alaska Air and Air Canada were the most expensive! I don't know why it's so expensive to fly to Vancouver. Our other travel buddies saved several hundred dollars by flying into Seattle instead and taking the train to Vancouver. But they are staying for a few days in Seattle, whereas we are making Vancouver our home base.

I considered flying into Seattle and taking the train up, but it made for a loooooong day. Especially with a 3 year old. Would have saved us about another few hundred dollars, though.

Also, why does JetBlue fly everywhere EXCEPT Canada? Seriously?!
zweihund is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2013, 06:25 AM   #378
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Pixar Pals Party

Hey everyone

Just spotted this article on the Disney Cruise Line Blog (it's an unofficial blog by the way)

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2013...e+Line+Blog%29

It gives some intersting info on the Pixar Pals Parties that DCL ran last fall

Of course our party may be very different but I think this gives us a glimpse as to what may happen, including a special menu meet and greet opportunities

Enjoy
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #379
Astonsmom
Earning My Ears

T-Shirts

Hi Again! I have a question about printing t-shirts. I tried uploading a couple of images to vista print, but they are recommending using another picture because of the very low resolution of the picture. How do I get around that?

Thanks!

Elisabeth
Astonsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:28 AM   #380
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Yeah to all the people receiving their Mickey Mail - woohoo!!!! A month from today we will be in Vancouver, exploring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MauiMama View Post
Hi Heather, Can you message me your room number for the Roaming Mickey. Thanks!
Done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zweihund View Post
Y'all can stop stressing now, we just booked our plane tickets to Vancouver!

Funny story....we were going to book on Sunday but due to several strange happenings were not able to actually sit down together and book until this evening. The price had gone up over the weekend to $750 and saying "only 3 more left at this price" which was totally bumming me out. And today when we logged on, they were down to $650! No restrictions! For the same exact flights!
We got all 5 tickets and saved $500. I'm thrilled.

And now everyone can relax, because WE WILL GET THERE. lol
PHEW!! I was so stressed for you and I was actually thinking about you recently and your flights! So glad to know you got that taken care of and it worked out well for you guys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Hey everyone

Just spotted this article on the Disney Cruise Line Blog (it's an unofficial blog by the way)

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2013...e+Line+Blog%29

It gives some intersting info on the Pixar Pals Parties that DCL ran last fall

Of course our party may be very different but I think this gives us a glimpse as to what may happen, including a special menu meet and greet opportunities

Enjoy
Thanks for sharing Linda! I'm still not sure what we will do (if anything) for Pixar Night..hmm..I really need to get a move on that!

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy & 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I) Next: 12/2014 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #381
Astonsmom
Earning My Ears

T-shirts

Nevermind! Figured it out!
Thanks,
Elsibeth
Astonsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #382
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

Searching for mufe members...

Can Tahnru and sde20 please contact me to get the MUFE list. Thank you!
808MauiMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #383
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

I can't remember if I've asked this before so please excuse me if I have! Are you guys bringing Canadian dollars with you? It seems like most places we can use our credit cards (that don't charge a conversion fee) or pay in US dollars? I don't mind ordering the currency through my bank but then it leads to my next question - how much would we need? We are in Vancouver Sat before the cruise and leaving the day of the cruise so not a lot of time. I was planning on ordering a few to have on hand but primarily using my credit card since they don't charge me a fee and I get points that way and it's just easier to pay when I get back home online!

Thanks,
Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy & 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I) Next: 12/2014 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #384
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic View Post
I can't remember if I've asked this before so please excuse me if I have! Are you guys bringing Canadian dollars with you? It seems like most places we can use our credit cards (that don't charge a conversion fee) or pay in US dollars? I don't mind ordering the currency through my bank but then it leads to my next question - how much would we need? We are in Vancouver Sat before the cruise and leaving the day of the cruise so not a lot of time. I was planning on ordering a few to have on hand but primarily using my credit card since they don't charge me a fee and I get points that way and it's just easier to pay when I get back home online!

Thanks,
Heather
I had this exact conversation with DH last night
We are in Vancouver for a few days before and after the cruise so we will be taking cash as well as our credit card
We'll need cash for tips, small items, cabs etc and I don't think they will accept our British Pounds !!
We have double trouble because we have to get hold of Canadian and US currency before our trip
We actually get a better exchange rate if we use our credit card so that will be our main way of spending (too much) ha ha !
Old 05-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #385
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Quote:

Thanks,
Heather
Last time we went, we just took money out of the ATM as needed. We had no idea what we would need, so we used the card for gift purchases and groceries and the like, and used cash for the rest. We didn't really spend that much cash in Vancouver, we used the card for aquarium tickets and what-not.

Works for us, because our credit union does not do exchanges :-( we would have to drive all the way across town to the exchange in the Florida Mall, which charges big fees. I'd say if your bank DOES exchange Canadian dollars, take some with you for spending and use your card for the rest. And if you need more, you can always go to the ATM!

Our bank didn't charge us much for using the ATM - it was still way less than the mall exchange fees would have been.
zweihund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #386
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by zweihund View Post

Last time we went, we just took money out of the ATM as needed. We had no idea what we would need, so we used the card for gift purchases and groceries and the like, and used cash for the rest. We didn't really spend that much cash in Vancouver, we used the card for aquarium tickets and what-not.

Works for us, because our credit union does not do exchanges :-( we would have to drive all the way across town to the exchange in the Florida Mall, which charges big fees. I'd say if your bank DOES exchange Canadian dollars, take some with you for spending and use your card for the rest. And if you need more, you can always go to the ATM!

Our bank didn't charge us much for using the ATM - it was still way less than the mall exchange fees would have been.
I wish that we could just get cash from the ATMs.
The UK banks charge ridiculous fees if we do that whilst abroad
Old 05-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #387
sde20
Earning My Ears

Thanks!

Quote:
Welcome! We also have an only child (he's 9.5) and he doesn't go to the kids club too much since he is with us 95% of the time. He will definitely check it out and we have a Palo Brunch booked so he'll go to the club during that time too. He doesn't email right now but I wanted to say, "I understand your situation".

Thanks for the good vibes . Let's hope they both enjoy the kids clubs and make great memories! And if they spend all their time with us , we will enjoy while we can, huh?

I haven't cruised with an infant, however my DS has about the same sleep schedule you just mentioned. He is usually in bed by 8pm on school/week nights and the weekend, maybe 9pm. The reason being - he wakes up at 6am every day! We are flying in two days before the cruise to Vancouver to adjust to the time different from the East Coast so hopefully this helps. We know we won't sleep 100% like we do at home, but we try not to overdo it. We are doing a lot more excursions on this cruise so I expect we will all crash at night!

Heather
Thanks for the good vibes . Let's hope they both enjoy the kids clubs and make great memories! And if they spend all their time with us , we will enjoy while we can, huh?
sde20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:07 PM   #388
sde20
Earning My Ears

MUFE group

Quote:
Sorry if I didn't accept you into the MUFE, but I did add you in!! Check out our facebook link in post #325. Please message me your names, dining early or late and if you want to, facebook name, email and favorite characters.
Our stateroom is :2054
Late dining
Our names are Stephanie , Dallas (DH), and Eve (DD, 11).
My daughter loves tinkerbell and stitch ( quite a mix, I know , my DH, goofy, And I love the classics, Mickey and Minnie !
This will not let me post my email, but I will check out the facebook link.\
Old 05-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #389
sde20
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Last day to sign up for MUFE! Can you believe how close we are to this cruise?? OMG so excited and working on my FE is so much fun!
Excited to be part of the MUFE group! Starting my planning now for the FE. How many nights should we plan on delivering gift? We are new to this!
Old 05-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #390
sde20
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyB View Post
I have a dd who is 11 and she would email with your daughter. Put some random posts out so that you get your count to 10 so you can message me for the email or check out the FB page with the spreadsheet.
I'm working on it. We've never spent so many days on the ship. It will be great to get a headstart on the friendships! Thanks for responding.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: