Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2010, 12:31 AM   #16
iwannagoback
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Also if this is NOT your first cruise you will be given a lanyard as part of the Castaway CLub (DVC or not).

Yes, many ladies do carry a purse! Beach bags are common on deck too!

Personally I don't and I enjoy having a lanyard. My meet thread on my last cruise purchased our own personalized lanyards for our group to wear, and I am running a lanyards group for my upcoming cruise as well. Nearly 200 of us will be wearing our own exclusive lanyard design on our Halloween cruise!

You will enjoy having one onboard as it really does make it easy to keep track of your KTTW (room key)!
Can you please share where you ordered your lanyards from?
Old 09-23-2010, 05:12 AM   #17
camtheriot
DIS Veteran

I absolutely LOVE the lanyards that I purchase off of ebay... I recommend them to all of my friends (which also love them)... They are nice because they are cute Disney characters, and they are a ZIPPERED pouch. I like that security knowing that my KTTW cards wont fall out... We have not used them on a cruise yet, but we use them every visit to Disneyworld.... Anyway... if you want to look at them on ebay... type in "disney lanyard fastpass" and a whole bunch of them will come up...

HTH!!

POR March 2013; Disney Fantasy Dec 2012; CBR Dec 2010; Poly May 2010; CBR Sept 2009; Poly May 2009; SSR May 2008
me (the planner), DH ,DS 14 , DD 8 , DS 6 , and DD 2
camtheriot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2010, 12:33 PM   #18
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannagoback View Post
Can you please share where you ordered your lanyards from?
Lanyardlab.com

Here is a picture of them, I just got them yesterday (it took 12 days from order date to receive them). I totally recommend Lanyard Lab. I had to change my quote several times with no problems, and they were quick to respond and very helpful!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:56 PM   #19
MTmomma
DIS Veteran

Those are awesome nenner! Just out of curiosity though, aprox how much did they charge you? I am not prepared to pass along my contact information just yet, especially if I know it is not a realistic cost!
Old 09-23-2010, 01:08 PM   #20
nenner1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTmomma View Post
Those are awesome nenner! Just out of curiosity though, aprox how much did they charge you? I am not prepared to pass along my contact information just yet, especially if I know it is not a realistic cost!
They were $1.72 apiece for the basic lanyard and $0.20 apiece for the badge holders. We also elected to pay $0.05 apiece for double sided printing as well. Shipping and setup were free. Overall the entire order was in the $400 range. Of course we had 200 of them. The minimum order I believe was 100, and this style is the "cheapest" option they offer.

I will say organizing them for a cruise group is a whole lot of work!! I'm happy to do it, but let's just say I'm ready to be done with them. LOL!!!

Hope that helps!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
Old 09-24-2010, 09:30 AM   #21
cmadara
Mouseketeer

Lanyard

You can't purchase less than 100? I think they look great!
Old 09-24-2010, 02:19 PM   #22
nenner1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmadara View Post
You can't purchase less than 100? I think they look great!
No, this is a bulk order company that does personalization, so they don't do small orders.

I was worried we'd not make the minimum and have a bunch left over..when our meet thread folks saw the design they loved it and we ended up with 200!!

Old 10-06-2010, 05:47 PM   #23
lori123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BealsRwe View Post
If this is not your first cruise, you will receive Castaway Club lanyards when you check in based on your level. If this is your first time, yea! They have an area by the kids registration were they have a few lanyards at times. Otherwise, you can buy onboard, or prepurchase through the gifts & ammenities section on www.disneycruise.com
Have a wonderful trip!
I couldn't find the lanyards on the website??
Old 10-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #24
tjbaggott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No, this is a bulk order company that does personalization, so they don't do small orders.

I was worried we'd not make the minimum and have a bunch left over..when our meet thread folks saw the design they loved it and we ended up with 200!!
Jen, you are being way too modest about the lanyards for our group! Post a photo here of the inserts/graphic you've made for them. It's THAT insert, plus the lanyard that MAKES these lanyards so special for us all. THANK YOU For all the work you have put into this! You Are Amazing!!
Old 10-06-2010, 06:34 PM   #25
nenner1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbaggott View Post
Jen, you are being way too modest about the lanyards for our group! Post a photo here of the inserts/graphic you've made for them. It's THAT insert, plus the lanyard that MAKES these lanyards so special for us all. THANK YOU For all the work you have put into this! You Are Amazing!!
Aww, you are too kind Judy! But it isn't just me...it's our wonderful group! The lanyards wouldn't be quite so cool if it was just me wearing one, now would they?

I wish I could post a pic of the finished product but until I get my laptop back this will have to do. These are our tags to go in the lanyards pictured above:

Last edited by nenner1; 10-06-2010 at 06:38 PM. Reason: man that pic was big!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #26
skibunny28
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Lanyardlab.com

Here is a picture of them, I just got them yesterday (it took 12 days from order date to receive them). I totally recommend Lanyard Lab. I had to change my quote several times with no problems, and they were quick to respond and very helpful!

How did you get your meet group to pay you back?
New to this sorry, I would love to do one for my group.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: