DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
quandrea
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,455

Buy direct

I have been looking for AKL and SSR and have lost two contracts in the past two days. Called Disney today to ask about direct. No two ways about it, it's more expensive, but my it's tempting. I could have those AKL points tomorrow, albeit at a $10 000 premium. Must give my head a shake!!
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #2
ELMC
DIS Veteran
 
ELMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandrea View Post
I have been looking for AKL and SSR and have lost two contracts in the past two days. Called Disney today to ask about direct. No two ways about it, it's more expensive, but my it's tempting. I could have those AKL points tomorrow, albeit at a $10 000 premium. Must give my head a shake!!
Do you really want to pay $10,000 extra just so you can have something right now? There are literally dozens of AKV resale contracts out there. It's not that difficult to buy one of those and save ten grand.
__________________
ELMC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #3
quandrea
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
Do you really want to pay $10,000 extra just so you can have something right now? There are literally dozens of AKV resale contracts out there. It's not that difficult to buy one of those and save ten grand.
No I don't. It's just frustrating to see the change in the market. Listings come up and are gone at asking before you know it. I told my husband that the good part of it is that our DVC contracts are in high demand. If we ever need to sell, we'll be able to. I'll wait and stalk the resale boards.
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH
 
WILDERNESS FAN 55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 851

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandrea View Post
No I don't. It's just frustrating to see the change in the market. Listings come up and are gone at asking before you know it. I told my husband that the good part of it is that our DVC contracts are in high demand. If we ever need to sell, we'll be able to. I'll wait and stalk the resale boards.
Tell the brokers what you want ! Price range-Use year-appx points. Let them do the work on what becomes available.
__________________
We're not the only people on this Island and we all know it!

Off site 72-76-76-77-78(MM 50th b-day) 79-81-82-85-86 FW-84-86-88-90-90-91-92-95-96
Poly 87 GF 88 CR 90 CBR 91-06-10
Disney Inn 93 ASM 95-96-02 CS 98
POFQ 97 DIXIE Landing 00 POR 07-08 WL-11
DL-Honeymoon-77 03 OKW -13 BLT-13 BWV-13
Trips planned 2015 WDW 2016 Aulani 2017 WDW XMAS
WILDERNESS FAN 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:57 PM   #5
ELMC
DIS Veteran
 
ELMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandrea View Post
No I don't. It's just frustrating to see the change in the market. Listings come up and are gone at asking before you know it. I told my husband that the good part of it is that our DVC contracts are in high demand. If we ever need to sell, we'll be able to. I'll wait and stalk the resale boards.
This is a good point. If you bought direct you would not be able to say the same thing.

Have you looked at Fidelity? They have a number of AKV contracts that don't sell as soon as they're listed. Perhaps you could try for one of those. Good luck!
__________________
ELMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #6
NHTikiBeckie
DIS Veteran
 
NHTikiBeckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Posts: 1,802

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDERNESS FAN 55 View Post
Tell the brokers what you want ! Price range-Use year-appx points. Let them do the work on what becomes available.
I tried this...no luck at all. I quickly realized I needed to be on top of finding them myself.
__________________


Disney World videos I made!

http://vimeo.com/7316001 (MGM & Animal Kingdom)

http://vimeo.com/7315073 (Epcot)

http://vimeo.com/7316111 (Magic Kingdom)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjHXWMp1uhI (Christmas and Fun outside the parks)
NHTikiBeckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #7
disneynutz


Earning My Ears One At A Time
 
disneynutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 18,146

Disney creates the negatives of buying resale and probably laughs all the way to the bank when people buy direct.

Their ROFR activity come in waves. There is a good chance when VGF goes on sale, (later this month) DVD will stop ROFR and focus on their favorite, selling new resorts which makes them more money.

Bill
__________________

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #8
quandrea
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Disney creates the negatives of buying resale and probably laughs all the way to the bank when people buy direct.

Their ROFR activity come in waves. There is a good chance when VGF goes on sale, (later this month) DVD will stop ROFR and focus on their favorite, selling new resorts which makes them more money.

Bill
Good point. Vgf sales are around the corner. Offered on a loaded akl contract with fidelity today. Have not heard back. Their website is woefully outdated. Not holding much hope for this offer. Sellers were asking 83 a point. I will not go that high.
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #9
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,926

Just keep trying, have a look at al the brokers not just one, have them out you in their mailing list sometimes you get notified about new listings before they are even posted. No need to go direct resale will work
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #10
nd43
Disney Fan
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 182

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Disney creates the negatives of buying resale and probably laughs all the way to the bank when people buy direct
Bill
Bill, you are often a very nice poster, but this is just insulting. I do not think people who buy direct are a joke to anyone. It is the people that buy direct that provide all the revenue to grow and improve DVC. Do you want to see new DVC resorts? Stop calling direct buyers idiots (which is what you are implying with such a statement). I can assure you I am no ones fool and I am buying direct. To imply that Disney somehow duped me into this decision is more then just a little condescending.
nd43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #11
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH
 
WILDERNESS FAN 55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 851

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHTikiBeckie View Post
I tried this...no luck at all. I quickly realized I needed to be on top of finding them myself.
When I bought in Fidelity did this for me Hopefully you'll find something to your liking soon. Here's some
__________________
We're not the only people on this Island and we all know it!

Off site 72-76-76-77-78(MM 50th b-day) 79-81-82-85-86 FW-84-86-88-90-90-91-92-95-96
Poly 87 GF 88 CR 90 CBR 91-06-10
Disney Inn 93 ASM 95-96-02 CS 98
POFQ 97 DIXIE Landing 00 POR 07-08 WL-11
DL-Honeymoon-77 03 OKW -13 BLT-13 BWV-13
Trips planned 2015 WDW 2016 Aulani 2017 WDW XMAS
WILDERNESS FAN 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #12
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH
 
WILDERNESS FAN 55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 851

Without direct sales there would be NO resale. Chicken or the egg ?
__________________
We're not the only people on this Island and we all know it!

Off site 72-76-76-77-78(MM 50th b-day) 79-81-82-85-86 FW-84-86-88-90-90-91-92-95-96
Poly 87 GF 88 CR 90 CBR 91-06-10
Disney Inn 93 ASM 95-96-02 CS 98
POFQ 97 DIXIE Landing 00 POR 07-08 WL-11
DL-Honeymoon-77 03 OKW -13 BLT-13 BWV-13
Trips planned 2015 WDW 2016 Aulani 2017 WDW XMAS
WILDERNESS FAN 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #13
ELMC
DIS Veteran
 
ELMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDERNESS FAN 55 View Post
Without direct sales there would be NO resale. Chicken or the egg ?
True. And anybody who is selling today who bought prior to 2004 is likely getting most of their money back. Prior to 2008, a good chunk of their money back. After 2009, a fraction of their money back. DVC resales are an equation and for every gain that someone realizes there is oftentimes an equal loss by the seller. I think this is a fact that is too often overlooked as people nonchalantly talk about buying direct in today's marketplace. If you truly examine the numbers you will see that the value has been priced out of the DVC product. What's left is all sizzle and no steak. Now that works for some people, and that's fine. But people should know what they are getting themselves into.
__________________
ELMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #14
nd43
Disney Fan
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 182

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
True. And anybody who is selling today who bought prior to 2004 is likely getting most of their money back. Prior to 2008, a good chunk of their money back. After 2009, a fraction of their money back. DVC resales are an equation and for every gain that someone realizes there is oftentimes an equal loss by the seller. I think this is a fact that is too often overlooked as people nonchalantly talk about buying direct in today's marketplace. If you truly examine the numbers you will see that the value has been priced out of the DVC product. What's left is all sizzle and no steak. Now that works for some people, and that's fine. But people should know what they are getting themselves into.
There are people who purchased BLT in the 90's at opening. Resales are now trending between $90.00 to $100.00. I am sure, when BLT opened, $95+ appeared "crazy" to many on this board and made it clear buying direct was a joke. Those same people are now encouraging people to buy resale with less benefits at the same price. Who was the fool?

The question is, how many people who purchased a new resort at opening, used it 10 years, then sold, suffered great losses? After all, the price is all relative to the resort you purchased, when you purchased, and when you sold.

In 10 years, will the new VGF buyers suffer great losses? Or will people be jumping all over themselves to buy VGF at $160 on resale with less benefits?
nd43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #15
agie65
New Disney Fan
 
agie65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South East CT
Posts: 491

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd43 View Post

There are people who purchased BLT in the 90's at opening. Resales are now trending between $90.00 to $100.00. I am sure, when BLT opened, $95+ appeared "crazy" to many on this board and made it clear buying direct was a joke. Those same people are now encouraging people to buy resale with less benefits at the same price. Who was the fool?

The question is, how many people who purchased a new resort at opening, used it 10 years, then sold, suffered great losses? After all, the price is all relative to the resort you purchased, when you purchased, and when you sold.

In 10 years, will the new VGF buyers suffer great losses? Or will people be jumping all over themselves to buy VGF at $160 on resale with less benefits?
If you buying AKL 330 pts or over you pay only 128/pp after promo discount, prorated MF, and get 2012 points as well. These can be used on other disney product like DCL. Sure is very convenient to buy direct and have piece of mind, but there are chances you may find one good resale contract. Do agree most of the contract out there are stripped, so may not have a big saving.
__________________
Home Resorts: Aulani, VGF, VWL, BWV, VB, SSR, AKL, OKW
agie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.