Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
amylia403
Disney Mommy

Charge to the bank card after the cruise..

When we left the ship, we still had 89 dollars credit in our account that will go back on the card in a week or so. By the time we got home Disney had placed a $100 charge on our bank card. The only "after the cruise" fee I can think of that is exactly $100 is a door damage fee, but the only thing on our door was magnets! No adhesive, no over the door organizer, ...nothing but the same magnets we use every year! Now when I call, they can't find what the charge is for and I have to wait up to 2 weeks for them to get back to me Anyone ever have any issues like this and were they able to resolve them?

amylia403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #2
BuzzLightyearInTampa
DIS Veteran

Did you have kids in the clubs? The fee for not returning the strap-on transponder was $50/each the last time we cruised. I know because we were charged it inintially, then it was later removed because we remembered at the last minute and returned it to Guest Services in the port after disembarking.
Places we've stayed at WDW: All Star Movies, All Star Sports, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans - Riverside, Port Orleans - French Quarter, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Yacht Club, and Grand Floridian.
Previous cruises:
7-night Eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic, Dec, 2001
7-night Western Caribbean, Disney Magic, Oct-Nov, 2009
7-night Eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic, Dec, 2011
7-night Eastern Caribbean, Disney Fantasy, Nov-Dec, 2013
7-night Alaska, Disney Wonder, June, 2014

Walt Disney World Marathons completed - 2003, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014
BuzzLightyearInTampa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

If they could not tell me what they charged me for I would call my bank and dispute the charge NOW! IT should not take two weeks and you want to start the dispute process. Tell your bank the merchant can't tell you what the charge is for.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #4
amylia403
Disney Mommy

Nope, no kids in the kids club. We are faxing a dispute form to our bank. I called DCL again today, they still have no idea what the charge is and said they have to wait for accounting to send them more information. She said it could be anything, door damage fee, maybe a fee for missing towels (Who goes on a crusie and swipes plain white towels?!) They still have no idea what we were charged for. :/ It's just frustraiting as we were supposed to pay a bill when we arrived home with that money and oops...it wasn't there

Old 05-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

You're not alone.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3067895

Now I know I was called paranoid or something when I said this before but think for just a minute- If DCL randomly charges 5% of the people after the cruise $100 and only half of those people notice, or dispute it, how much money DCL is making. I'm not saying it's intentional, but I do know that several states have laws against grocery stores doing this, because it's such a big profit for a store to just overcharge for an item a few cents.
TR-THE WEEK OF YES!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428215
GKTW-3/10 ASMO-2/11 Disney Wonder-2/12Disney Wonder-11/12Disney Magic-1/13
alaskanabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #6
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

We used a specific cruise vacation planner the whole time. She helped me straighten out a major billing problem after our cruise. I'm not sure if you know who you worked with (I could email her any time or call her any time and she was amazing) but if you had a specific person that knew your situation, it might help.

That stinks dude. They should have an itemized print out of your on board accounts. How can it not be an item on there...

I'd raise the stink of all stinks. I'd let them know that you didn't think this was the reputation they had, that you wanted to do future trips, but now you aren't even sure you can trust them with your account information!

My husband would have them giving us the $100 plus more stuff...
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #7
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

I've had to deal with DCL accounting before and frankly, they suck. They don't issue invoices for anything, they are slow to fax anything, and I had a hard time working with them to get a charge removed from my CC.

The ladies are super nice, but their policies that they have are horrible. ("No, I can't fax you a confirmation of a removal of that charge, no there is no such thing as an invoice, no you just have to wait 60 days then dispute it w/your CC.")

Even the CMs sounded frustrated by their policies.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #8
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

I make a habit of going to Guest Services late that last night/early morning and obtaining a final print out of my expenses. That way I can dispute anything that shouldn't be there. Then again, I check my account several times during the cruise. I was happy to see that you could check your account on the stateroom TV on the Fantasy but was disappointed as it was never correct or up to date (they never showed my OBC which unnerved me).

Oh and I don't have little ones (no worries on lost bracelets) and I don't use the wave phones, so no issues with last minutes charges.
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #9
amylia403
Disney Mommy

We did stop by guest services before leaving the ship, so the charge was dumped our card after we got off. DCL can't even see what its for because it wasn't anything on our folio

Old 05-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #10
lbatesetc
Earning My Ears

Charges on gift card

Anyone know if it's possible to just have charges applied to room fee, then at end of cruise pay for those with my gift card? Heard it takes a few days to have unused balance put back on the gift card if you give them the gift card at beginning of cruise and do not use the whole amount.
lbatesetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:03 PM   #11
Mommb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbatesetc View Post
Anyone know if it's possible to just have charges applied to room fee, then at end of cruise pay for those with my gift card? Heard it takes a few days to have unused balance put back on the gift card if you give them the gift card at beginning of cruise and do not use the whole amount.
You will need to provide some kind of payment amount or payment method up front in order to make charges. You can leave a credit card and then pay with a gift card, but be aware that when you room charge balance reaches a certain amount (I think it is $500) they will charge whatever card they have. So you could carefully monitor spending and have Guest Services charge the gift card when you reach, say, $450.
Mommb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #12
lbatesetc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommb View Post

You will need to provide some kind of payment amount or payment method up front in order to make charges. You can leave a credit card and then pay with a gift card, but be aware that when you room charge balance reaches a certain amount (I think it is $500) they will charge whatever card they have. So you could carefully monitor spending and have Guest Services charge the gift card when you reach, say, $450.
I just heard you can use gift cards in the gift shop. Anyone know if this a fact or fiction?
lbatesetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #13
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I just heard you can use gift cards in the gift shop. Anyone know if this a fact or fiction?
We've used gift cards on the Dream and the Fantasy.
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #14
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommb View Post
I have been wondering the same thing. We will have enough OBC to cover our tips, plus some. I won't be purchasing any drinks, and am not much of a souvenir shopper. I might buy a photo or two, but no more than that because our entire family isn't going, just DD and I. I don't want a bunch of photos of just the two of us.

I don't anticipate owing much beyond our OBC, if anything. Is it possible to just leave some cash, and then get it back at the end?

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
jcemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #15
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcemom View Post
I have been wondering the same thing. We will have enough OBC to cover our tips, plus some. I won't be purchasing any drinks, and am not much of a souvenir shopper. I might buy a photo or two, but no more than that because our entire family isn't going, just DD and I. I don't want a bunch of photos of just the two of us.

I don't anticipate owing much beyond our OBC, if anything. Is it possible to just leave some cash, and then get it back at the end?
You can just check the 'pay in cash' box on your KTTW account. They will use all the OBC first, and then if you have charges, after a certain amount is reached ($300? $500?) they'll send you a message or call and tell you to put some money on it. If you never get a call, just go to GS on or before the last night and settle up.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: