Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
tenndem73
Earning My Ears

question RE customs

I just realized that when I booked my cruise, plane tickets through Disney, etc. I entered my son's name as "Xander." However, his actual name is Alexander. Do you think this will give me any trouble when they look at his birth certificate and it says his full name but all the other documents just say "Xander?"
tenndem73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #2
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

My Mom is "Debbie" (goes by middle name) but her actual first name is "Judith". She has to travel 100% of the time as Judith. While not the same incidence as your nick name, I'm pretty sure they have to match exactly. (ie. Christopher for my husband instead of just Chris.)
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
GoofyLovingFamily
Mouseketeer

You should get it fixed. Names have to be exact.
GoofyLovingFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #4
networktek
it all started with a mouse

they will go by what ever is on the passport i would call and have them change the tickets to what ever his passport reads to be safe

networktek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #5
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

I would get it changed HOWEVER my daughter's name is Macylea and it was spelled Mackylee on her first two cruises- never had a problem. But who wants to be the exception?
TR-THE WEEK OF YES!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428215
GKTW-3/10 ASMO-2/11 Disney Wonder-2/12Disney Wonder-11/12Disney Magic-1/13
alaskanabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #6
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenndem73 View Post
I just realized that when I booked my cruise, plane tickets through Disney, etc. I entered my son's name as "Xander." However, his actual name is Alexander. Do you think this will give me any trouble when they look at his birth certificate and it says his full name but all the other documents just say "Xander?"
Shouldn't be an issue, our DDs go by Carly & Katy which are the names we use when booking with Disney, but their passports & BC are Caroline & Kathryn, and we've never any issues.
But you may want to call, just for your own piece of mind.
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #7
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Travel bookings and documents etc should all be in full legal names. It should actually state this when booking entering data.
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration/15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean & BLT/GFV

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #8
kiford
Mouseketeer

Best advice as others have given is to have them match. I think that it's really customs & immigration at the various ports who I believe get copies of the passenger lists who want everything to match. We travelled to Jamaica last year with my father whose passport says Francis Edward and his plane ticket was booked under F. Edward (he goes by Ted) and they had kittens at the airline check-in, fussing about until they were able to change it.

My husband's passport has his middle initial and mine has my middle name and our TA says that we should make everything exactly match regardless of whether it's plane tickets, Disney cruise, etc. just because border agents are so picky now.

WDW: 1986 (off-site), 1991 (CB), 2000 (BI), 2005 (BC/BI), 2008 (BI/AKL), 2011 (BC/GF), 2012 (GF), 2013 (BC)

Me (50) Him (53)
kiford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #9
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenndem73 View Post

I would strongly suggest you have it corrected. You may indeed breeze though check in no problem, but you may not and that is not the time to have a problem!

In addition, HLS does a security background check on all passengers before the date of sailing and they may have a problem !

Please get it fixed!

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: